Sony DVD hacks

Lusty

Sony dvd-players are notoriously difficult to hack. Reason is that they own a filmstudio as well. in the Netherlands it will cost you around 300 (!) euro's to crack the regioncode, as I was told in a hifi-shop.

You can try and look on videohelp.com, they usually have plenty of hacks around. I doubt that it will be as easy as punching a few numbers on the remote.

Cheers,

soongmak

I bought a region free DVD player on ebay, Less than $100usd including shipping. small, portable, and hassle free, plays any damned disc I stick in it, on any t.v. Plays all the Thai DVD's I bought (legit coded copies) as well as hacked/bootlegged. Can't wait till my friend in UK sends me some Bombay dvds... :) shop around, they are out there, and maybe a better bet than risking a problem trying to unlock the Sony player...I know some phones shut off/lock up after 3 failed tries...

Old Hippie I'd really appreciate a little more guidance.

I am about to purchase a DVD player and would like to be alble to play what I brought home with me.

Often I default to the Sony name brand but would rather just find something thats going to work (preferably cheap). Do you think your choice still might be available ?

Any other pointers ?

Old Hippie said:

I bought a region free DVD player on ebay, Less than $100usd including shipping. small, portable, and hassle free, plays any damned disc I stick in it, on any t.v. Plays all the Thai DVD's I bought (legit coded copies) as well as hacked/bootlegged. Can't wait till my friend in UK sends me some Bombay dvds... :) shop around, they are out there, and maybe a better bet than risking a problem trying to unlock the Sony player...I know some phones shut off/lock up after 3 failed tries...

Hi!

If you are located in Thailand just go to a store that sell DVD players and ask. A friend of mine bought one at Carrefour i Pattaya and they hacked the region for him. I think it cost him about 300 ´baht. If you're located somewhere else I don't know. In Sweden regionfree players are sold legaly.

regards

ALHOLK

Archived