Part 3 - ABNT (Anyone still following this?)

It’s Day 4 and I know I have to get the hell out of Bangkok. If I don’t leave soon, I run the real risk of free-falling into the nightlife scene from which there is no return :-). I know where this is all headed. I imagine myself standing naked in a ST room at the Eden Club, whip in hand,

barking out orders in crude German to the girls at my feet (apologies to my German buddies..love you guys!). Seriously though, if I don’t check out of the “whore floor” at the Promenade and leave BKK soon, I’ll be forced to make up stories about my trip when I get home and I am a terrible liar!

Nothing happens of the morning of Day 4 that provides me with any incentive to leave,

however. It all begins with the usual loudspeaker announcement announcing the start of classes at the school below. This wakes my bar girl and she gets out of bed to see what all the fuss is about, parting the curtains and leaning out the window to have a look. I drag her back from window and back into bed, partly because I am falling in love with her ass, and partly because I

don’t want to be an accessory to the a “corruption of minors” charge.

The remainder of the morning is spent snuggling and sleeping, followed by a choreographed replay of last night’s fun. After all, if you’ve got a good thing going... Well, at some point her

cell phone goes off and she bounds out of bed, taking the call in the bathroom. The

conversation is in English, half of which I follow. On her return she explains that it was a German boyfriend, “he call everyday.” Of course he is suspicious because the call sounds like she’s in someone’s bathroom, but she tells him she’s alone. Her unsolicited disclosure about the German guy encourages her to keep going, so she fills me in on the various relationships she’s had. None of the stories sound like BS, but I forget the details except that she had an abortion thanks to a farang guy, and then “I cry all the time.”

I really like Ms. Khmer, but it’s after 12 now and for some reason I’m anxious for her to leave. I go with my story about leaving town, and after we shower and dress I sit on the bed with her to deal with the money. This works out pretty well, I have 1900 baht in my wallet so I separate the money in front of her into 2 groups. I take the 400 and say “this for me,” and then give her

the 1500, saying “this for you.” I also give her a small note of foreign currency she seems interested in (what isn’t interesting in that little ‘ol wallet of mine?). She’s pleased by this and wai’s me in a big way, and like the newbie I am, I wai her back. After this, she asks me come

see her tonight at the bar -- I’m noncommittal -- but I get a big hug and kiss anyway and off she goes. Stepping out of my room a few minutes later to grab a cup of coffee downstairs, the cleaning ladies in the hall have a big laugh at my expense. One of them keeps trying to tell me

something, repeating a word that sounds a whole lot like “shopping.” Was Ms. Khmer off to Mahboonkrong to spend the loot?

The rest of my afternoon consists of buying a train ticket north for that night and wandering through Chinatown. As the evening approaches, I take the Chao Phraya express to the Oriental Hotel for no apparent reason, and then order a frighteningly expensive beer that keeps me company while I watch the river boats buzz to and fro. The thought occurs to me that I could kill some time before my train leaves by getting laid, but I’ve already done the soapy massage

thing and the prospect of a ST doesn’t excite me all that much. Instead, I linger over dinner at an Italian restaurant, and before long, I’m signed up for a bit part in what appears to be another episode of the “train ride from hell.” Because it’s Friday, there are no empty seats and it’s

miserably hot. As I gird myself for another sleepless night (of a different sort), the aircon finally kicks in. My attention wanders from my own discomfort to a mother and her baby seated several rows in front of me. I am taken in by the mother’s gentleness and tender affection for

her child. This has the desired soothing effect, and before long I am, like the child, fast asleep.

Day 5, 6, 7

I won’t bore you recounting my weekend in the provinces, except to mention that I spent one night in a very small town, attaining minor-celebrity status. The town though is dead at eight so I returned to my hotel, where I had noticed a coffee shop on the ground floor earlier. Heading in

to see about a beer, I find the place has magically transformed itself into a karaoke joint staffed with 6 girls decked out in black hot pants. Oh I get it, maybe that’s why there were condoms provided in my room! Is it possible to ever get away from this stuff, LOL? Unfortunately everyone at the karaoke seems a bit freaked-out by my appearance, so I guzzle the beer and

beat a hasty retreat. Next time, girls!

The train ride back to BKK is pleasant and uneventful. The conductor in my car is adorable but frowns when she checks my ticket and then again when she hands out breakfast. This puzzles me, so I decide to run a test and head to the back of the car where she is busy shoving food in and out of a microwave. “Sawattdee krap, Sabaidee mai?” I blurt out, and then manage to

walk the two of us though the first part of my Thai language tape, which I’ve memorized. She brightens up a whole lot at this and seems to want to go on, but the conversation stalls due to the language barrier. Still, maybe the next farang she runs into won’t get the automatic frown.

Part of what makes the train ride pleasant is lingering over all the wonderful entertainment possibilities that await me back in BKK. The fact is, I’ve had 2 great experiences to this point and the natural thing seems to be to build on them in some way, maybe barfine a stunner although I know that may be asking for trouble.

That night I head out at 9:30 and start at Clinton, where I end up chatting with a veteran BG who speaks excellent English and seems like a straight shooter once we get past all the preliminary BS. I buy her a LD out of sympathy and then she points out a young girl by way of contrast to herself, who is dancing a naughty little topless dance in front of us. “How old you

think she?” my companion asks. I have no idea so I guess 20. “This girl just turn 18,” says my LD friend, “men they like young girl.” Although I hadn’t really been paying attention, I must admit I like too. She’s not skinny, but compact and sexy with a great attitude and these firm, big, teenage breasts that just seem to jump out at you. I know she’s too really too young but

after another beer I’m looking for her. It takes me awhile to figure out she’s with another guy(who seems immensely pleased with himself) and in a way I’m relieved. [Note to self -- relieved, sure..you fantasized about that girl for days afterwards.]

Moving on, I’m in the Dollhouse where I spot at least 3 stunners, but ultimately they seem

uninterested in life itself, so I decide to cast my lot with the Nanaplaza set. What follows is a brilliant illustration of the principle of compounding, in this case of course the compounding of error. After checking out a few places at Nana, I settle in at the Playskool (sic?) and get hit on

by a pretty girl who bills herself as a Chinese-Thai from Chiang Mai and certainly looks the part. On the basis of her looks alone I buy her a LD, but her English turns out to be terrible and we just cannot carry on a conversation. Meanwhile, I spot someone else, a lanky Issan honey

with a mesmerizing big, firm ass, and although I know that’s no guarantee of compatibility, I flash her a huge smile which she returns. Unfortunately, Ms. Chiang Mai beats her to my side when the dancing is over, and the two of them exchange a few words, and then my dream date

moves on. Ms. Chiang Mai then makes it quite clear she wants to go with me but I turn her down because of the language problems and she leaves pissed. Time to leave this bar, right? Oh no, not me, I stay and order another beer, engaging in a fruitless hunt for the second girl who

ignores me when she’s dancing, then disappears when she’s off the stage. I feel I’ve been blacklisted, yet 2 other girls approach and I turn them down. At 1 a.m. I finally have the sense to leave this place.

I am not defeated yet, but the visions of exquisite erotic entanglement that haunted me on the train earlier in the day are fast receding. The Sanuk guy is yielding to the prowler guy, and nothing good ever seems to come from that. Hurrying now, I check out another bar in Nana which is jumping but everyone in there seems to be hooked up. It occurs to me that my best bet for salvaging the evening would to be the Thermae, which I was so enamored of my first night out.

Moving off in that direction I join the vendors, beggars, dogs, sex tourists, katoeys, elephants and freelancers on their nightly shuffle down Sukumwit. I find myself merging seamlessly into their parade.

quote:

Moving off in that direction I join the vendors, beggars, dogs, sex tourists, katoeys, elephants and freelancers on their nightly shuffle down Sukumwit. I find myself merging seamlessly into their parade.[/QB]

yes, sing, i'm sure you have quite a following by now. don't stop-------

laugh.gif" border="0

Is anyone still following this?

You bet! I love your writing style and sense of humour - great stuff and damn funny!

Thanks for a great read.

Arai wa

sing hah,

I'm still following this. I like others waiting for the next report. I'm starting to get like "tbear31", after reading part 3 I get to the calendar and count the days before my first LOS trip. 50 days before I get on the plane, and 51 days before I get there. I even call Northwest Airlines to check if the plane is still on time. They don't understand my concern.

be there soooooooooon

LeoTex

quote:

Originally posted by sing hah:

After checking out a few places at Nana, I settle in at the Playskool (sic?) and get hit on by a pretty girl who bills herself as a Chinese-Thai from Chiang Mai and certainly looks the part.

I know this girl -- she is a pretty serious stunner. She speaks pretty good Mandarin, too.

Likes girls? Well, I should hope so!

Thanks for shedding light on one of my

trip's little mysteries. I promise I'll get to chapter 2 in my phrasebook before next time!

Archived