TEFL Int'l EXPOSED!!! wk 4 by itsmedave

itsmedave

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!!! 4 months later and this thread pops up again!

I am still here, still motivated, and still having a great time. (That is the short answer.)

I will attempt to write a follow up on the last 4 months and get it on the board in the next week. (Sorta busy at the moment) In terms of beers and barfines...I love you guys! I am at Woodstock every Friday night with the "gang" if you'd like to say hello.

Til next time, your friend, Dave

Dave,

Why limit yourself to strictly an update???

You do such an informative job that I'm sure a Monthly posting on the life & times of a BKK teacher would be most appreciated.

We could all benifit from your experiences... Positive as well as Negative.

Is this the start of something bigger??? Do I smell a book deal in the winds?

CS

[ November 30, 2001: Message edited by: CosmicSurfer ]

• 5 weeks later...

Yeh Dave,

Great insight into the rites of passage of an english teacher in LOS......just one question..........

.........Are the Rooms at TEFL Guest Friendly? laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Colonel,

You actually went through with it!!! Good for you. I'm glad you found it worthwhile. When will we see your report on the experience? I'm looking forward to comparing it with mine.

And, yes, the school tells you from the first day that it is a SCHOOL primarily with children frequently around. They do allow you to have guests but expect them to be long term situation, not just long time situations. If I remember right, some of the karaoke's had short time rooms, but I can't vouch for their cleanliness, quality, or price as I was a good boy. Thank God THAT'S over with.

Colonel, I heard that Erica was coming to Bangkok. Is this so? If you have her e-mail, please PM it to me, as I'd like to say hello.

Thanks, Dave

CS,

Thanks again for your enthusiasm, but the weekly or monthly report thing is already being done much better than I ever could by the famous Stickman. I'd suggest you checking out his site if you don't already to get this kind of information. And Stick, when ARE we going to get that book out of you?!?!

Dave...

Sure I'm familiar with Stick and his reports...But the difference between his thing and what you say is like night and day... actually it "IS" Night & Day, as Stick is mainly doing a Trink like thing reporting on the Night scene as well as day to day life.

I was hoping that you would do a more Teacher related post... What you were personally experiencing in the class/school. How you felt about the experiences. What you were accomplishing... or NOT accomplishing? What ideas work in the class... What do not... Etc.

You seem to have a knack for this sort of observation that I thought you might like to pass on to us teaching "newbies" that were about to follow your path.

Hope to meet up with you in April.

CS

Archived