bang na

thai3

and very often from fights in exactly the sort of places you advise everyone to check out?

Fly, what's your take on places like Tawan Daeng (sp?) or Colliseum? I've been to both, more than once, and I've never had a bad experience. Once at Tawan Daeng one of the (male) singers sat down at my table. I was with a couple of BG I took along. After they closed the place down he wanted to go drinking some place else, I just said no thanks and caught a cab.

Are these two venues located in what's considered "dangerous areas"?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been to Tawan Daeng at least 20 times over the last 18 months and have never seen trouble there. I have had a lot of intoxicated Thai's want me to talk with them, join them at their table, dance and sing, but it never lead to trouble. The performers always make the rounds of the tables, caging drinks and tips, that's just part of the biz.

David

>>>How does working with the por tek tung or similar organisation lead you to assume that taking a thai woman into a cafe would likely lead to unpleasant results?<<<

because we pick up the pieces when things went wrong. and as i told you - we pick them up very often in thai cafes, karaokes, etc.

>>>This is like saying you have seen lots of road casualties out on the streets so would advise people not to drive around.<<<

yeah, and i advise people not to drive motorbike here. i have given up after having seen a few too many ripped off legs also in accidents where the motorcycle driver didn't do anything wrong. you know how it look when a drunk car driver has dragged a motorcycle rider around for a couple of KMs? very appetising...

and yes, i have given up riding bikes here.

see, you can do whatever you want, argue any way you want. you may have never seen any violence yet here in those places, very lucky. but just because you haven't does not mean that there isn't.

and as i, and several other posters who have been in the area have mentioned - when things go off they go generally very bad.

it should be common sense to avoid potential sources of trouble and take necessary precaution. would you go out in britain into a yardie area with your girlfriend, or would you walk into a pikie camp for fun?

so keep on being blind to thai reality, and one day you might not be lucky anymore.

who knows, we might meet one day on the back of a pick up truck. you would be my first farang. ;)

limbo,

I've been to a few concerts, all morlam shows that play well into the early morning. A tevery one there has been trouble of one sort or another. Too many drunken idiots, mostly hordes of guys, and someone always gets stabbed or shot ot beat. Was standing right across the street from one guy when he pulled at a gun and started shouting shit. We left quickly. Just last week went to a morlam show held i the Surin stadium they hold the elephant round-up in. We, my wife, daughter, Sis and I, left around 12:30, a bit later some teenaged nimrod let off a fucking bomb (hand grenade) and killed one or two people over some foolishness. Before we left there were at least 10 arrests made. Hell just this week a grenade was found in a trash can outside one of the stadiums they were having the womens football in. Some teens put it in there so it wouldn't be found on them due a search or something at the door I heard. People die at every concert Caraboa have from what I've heard. Even up here in Surin there are a couple bars I've been warned to stay away from. (Too bad too because they are always rocking and have pretty ladies about.) Reason? Because the young studs get drunk, start fights, and end up stabbing (or shooting) each other, almost every weekend it seems. I've been a lot of places here, and never had a problem myself, but the possibilty to get caught in some shit is definetly there. Ended up in a brawl once in a disco in Pattaya, but that was with farangs. It does pay to at least be aware of your surroundings and alert to possible problems, they are there, but I wouldn't let that stop me going out somewhere unless there were clear indications it wouldn't be wise at the time. Shit happens everywhere here. It pays to stay away from gangs of young drunken boys over here though I'd say, and the areas they hang out in.

Cent

But you advised specifically not to take a thai woman into cafes because of hostility.Picking up the pieces from fights in such places is not really evidence of any such anti falang/thai relationships which is what you imply is likely to be found in cafes. Fights, stabbings etc surely break out just as often in disco's bars and other places, some hi so ones might be just as dangerous as poorer hang outs.None of this is evidence of what you originally warned against. Can you recommend any notourious cafes to check out?-peter

Been to concerts many times where fights broke out, but they are never aimed at falang/thai couples which is what fly was warning about, not just random trouble. Random violence can be found everywhere, but the advice was not to take your wife to such places as cafes because of the hostility this might cause, have yet to see it.-peter

Bloody hell the new GF comes from surin as well as the last one. Must say some folks seems to be in the wrong places at the wrong time, always thought surin reminded me of the wild west.

Yes you have to keep your witts about you wherever you are, and not get too pissed which might lead to doing something to spark something off yourself, treat everyone with respect, do nothing to offend, don't rebuff kindly overtures from the locals, and know when to leave.

Someone mentioned tatwang deang, I was there last week but never have liked the place much. I think it's due to the crowd being younger, best to go to with places with a mix of ages and sexes, ladyboys in the crowd are some of the best anti agro agents for some reason.-peter

>>>But you advised specifically not to take a thai woman into cafes because of hostility.Picking up the pieces from fights in such places is not really evidence of any such anti falang/thai relationships which is what you imply is likely to be found in cafes.<<<

for christ's sake, it should be common sense. :doah:

you just don't take your women into a place of potential danger where you might end up in a situation that you have to defend her against a bunch of cunts who anyhow will be able to beat you into oblivion.

evidence of anti-farang thai relationships can be seen and found anywhere in the country, if you go around with open eyes and ears. and some of that is not exactly without reason.

>>>Fights, stabbings etc surely break out just as often in disco's bars and other places, some hi so ones might be just as dangerous as poorer hang outs.<<<

now you speculate. no they are far less dangerous.

WTF am i talking anyhow, you won't believe me, or anybody else. you aren't the only person who likes to go to concerts or thai cafes. but you appear to carry a few illusions around that no warning will get rid off.

i don't care. one day you will get into trouble, i just hope that you will be on your own, and not bring some girl into trouble out of complete ignorance.

>>>ladyboys in the crowd are some of the best anti agro agents for some reason<<<

...and sometimes they can be the nastiest fighters around. i have seen several times some ladyboys beating the living daylight out of some bloke. just a few months ago on the road in samut prakan, in front of a thai cafe i have seen one tiny ladyboy fucking two blokes up real good, flooring them both with proper straight punches and some killer kicks. very much to the amusement of the crowd.

"Been to concerts many times where fights broke out, but they are never aimed at falang/thai couples which is what fly was warning about, not just random trouble. Random violence can be found everywhere, but the advice was not to take your wife to such places as cafes because of the hostility this might cause, have yet to see it.-peter "

Peter,

These places seem to be easy to find trouble, being a farang there with a Thai lady, you can become an easy target.

Seems that Fly made his point but you don't seem to believe him, or anybody else, fine, up to you, as you may have heard before.

Archived