bang na

thai3

"Even up here in Surin there are a couple bars I've been warned to stay away from. (Too bad too because they are always rocking and have pretty ladies about.) Reason? Because the young studs get drunk, start fights, and end up stabbing (or shooting) each other, almost every weekend it seems.

Cent,

Exactly the reason why the former Santa Fe in Samui has been closed down a few years ago.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fly is correct IMHO. While I do not spend as much time on the streets as he does (who could? :))I have noticed a simmering resentment for about a decade or more regarding Thais and their asesment of Thai-Farang relationships;

Usually it seems that things are could be tense but could be ok if there is a problem and then BOOM you are staring at the ceiling 15

minutes later wondering what happened imbetween-

I once had a young drunk Thai guy with tow otoher guys watching ask me in Thai..while staring at my Thai lady-"alai khun mai chawp sao farang reupleu roo khnum mee dae ngern gern bai?"

Sorry my keyboard does not have Thai script-

What you dont like farang women or is it you just have too much money.Luckily I knew whathe was driving it and poof-We made a quick exit unnoticed...

The hi so places which I will admit I go to more often are basically harmless with an occasional cold shoulder if you speak Thai too well or are with a beauty.

The resentment is simmering and always there in the background..then whack. This is the way I see it

I have never once experienced any such resentment, but lets say there is, what are you going to do stay in forever just in case someone resents you having a GF? If there is such an attitude then it is not confined to cafes but everywhere.I suspect any such negative reaction is largely created by the way the falang behaves, unfortunately too many dress, eat and behave like pigs-peter

Common sense if there were any evidence of widespread anti falang/thai relationships in cafes, which we have not been presented with. If things were as bad as painted it makes me wonder why people would stay in such a hostile country. I see you are not able to actually name any of these dangerous cafes full of bogy men. People who dare not go to any cafe beacuse of generalised warnings with no evidence at all are missing out on the best of thailand. I might get into trouble one day, but at least I would not have been home watching the TV or stuck in front of the PC every night while in LOS. IMO there are far more unpleasant characters in falang bars and far more warmth in thai ones. I know where I feel safer.-peter

>>>I suspect any such negative reaction is largely created by the way the falang behaves, <<<

yeah, and for many blokes here that means farang being with thai women.

>>>Common sense if there were any evidence of widespread anti falang/thai relationships in cafes, which we have not been presented with.<<<

several posters have presented you with more than enough evidence. but you choose to ignore them.

>>>People who dare not go to any cafe beacuse of generalised warnings with no evidence at all are missing out on the best of thailand. <<<

for christ's sake, do you actually read my posts?!

i have posted that i enjoy thai cafes occasionally, been going to those places once a while since more than 11 years. but i do only go to either neighborhood cafes where i am known, in areas i have support closed by, or with several friends.

anyhow, it appears to be useless, you have your opinions, they will not be swayed by any evidence whatsoever. you are the first time going out in bang na area, tell everyone how great it is there, an area i have picked up casualties since four years, and you know better than me what is going on there. great.

No evidence at all of such problems in a cafe, only one story of a bar closed on samui, so what, my local pub was closed for similar activities in the UK.

I notice in another thread you talk about taking the mrs into a rough hunting bar which you say may have contained idiots. OK not to follow your own advice then as long as not in thailand?

Having been going to cafes for 11 years I am surprised you cannot name any. Try all stars it might cure your paranoia-peter

I suspect any such negative reaction is largely created by the way the falang behaves, unfortunately too many dress, eat and behave like pigs-

Excuse me... some people, yes even Thai people have pre-conceived notions about others and act out these mis perceptions-It may have nothing to do with the actions of said Farang.

I was politely minding my own business when the afore mentioned incident ocurred. Frequently its youthful macho boozing that goes sour just like in many other countries.

I am offended your post .

>>>I notice in another thread you talk about taking the mrs into a rough hunting bar which you say may have contained idiots. OK not to follow your own advice then as long as not in thailand? <<<

as i told you in the other thread, it was not me who made that post. as i have never been in the US, it is a bit difficult to bring my wife into a "rough hunting bar" there. please read posts carefully before making your comments.

and why on earth should i name any place? i am not a frigging nightlife guide.

you will anyhow prefer to remain in your delusions on thailand, whatever anyone who lives here tells you. and it was several posters who told you, not just me.

it's a free world, keep going out in bang na and samut prakan, and we might meet one day. that's all i can say.

jitagawn said:

I once had a young drunk Thai guy with tow otoher guys watching ask me in Thai..while staring at my Thai lady-"alai khun mai chawp sao farang reupleu roo khnum mee dae ngern gern bai?"

Translation:

"What you dont like farang women or is it you just have too much money."

A question for Thai3- is your present command of Thai language such that you would understand this phrase were it directed your way? Yes or no, please.

My sympathies to Jitagawan on the snub. For his, as aptly expressed by Fly, was a case of guilt by association: a mix of races at that, nothing more.

Archived