bang na

thai3

A question for Thai3- is your present command of Thai language such that you would understand this phrase were it directed your way? Yes or no, please.

Not sure where you're going with this, but I tend to think one would be better off NOT understanding the snub.

Something similar happened to me, of all places, at Wat Arun, around noon time. I was there with a friend, a GTG, and some fuckwit commented, as we were passing by, "Ao look-kreung, na?" I think it was directed at the girl rather than me, but before I could catch myself I gave the guy a "fuck you, asshole" look. Luckily nothing happened as I don't think I would be a match for him and the other two fuckwits he was hanging out with.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can it be a delusion not to have had any sort of experience which you warn about? It reminds me of dire warnings I used to get in the early 80's when I used to frequent many 'black only' venues often with black girls in the UK. Often made by people who had never been inside one of these places, they were convinced I would end up in serious trouble. After 8 or nine years going out to these places at least twice a week nothing had happened so I got the feeling these people were wrong.Often fear of crime is greater than the probability of it happening to you.

I'll carry on taking thai girls to thai places but I just get think unless I am very unlucky, which can happen anywhere, that I will continue to remain out of trouble. I would more likely get punched in Gullivers than in a bang na cafe :D chock dee

You once had a thai drunk talking crap to you, so what, it happens all the time. Did he threaten to kill you rob you or follow you out? no just another piss head who would probably have been forgotten if he had been falang.You are offended by what? grow up-peter

It's great to see people as ignorant as you are Peter.

Was the UK pub closed BTW because of too many shootings, knfings etc with acutaul real dead bodies out in the streets or just because there were lots of fights?

I've been to Santa Fe a few times myself and haven't seen any violence, but than again I never stayed untill clsoing times or late, maybe stupid of me since probably you'll dispute anything I said now since I didn't witness it.

Ah, have fun anyway as long as it lasts.

>>>where Fly might be throwing you into the back of a pickup<<<

actually, i place my customers as carefully as possible on a stretcher, and then carefully on the back of the pick up truck. and there, on the back of the truck it's a trully classless society rich or poor - all bleed the same color.

>>>Often made by people who had never been inside one of these places, they were convinced I would end up in serious trouble.<<<

well, you still fail to read my posts - i go to those places - as a customer and to pick up what is left. yesterday night, at a temple fair with concert. two gangs got into trouble, one kid was slashed. the other gang organised a revenge party. we helped a friend who sold coffee there to pack up his stall before it got nasty.

dunno how to convey you the feeling of extreme uneasy that went through me when having very closed to you two dozen highly aggressive drunk blokes armed with samurai swords, guns and bottles, firing themselves up for a fight. especially when some of them drunk cunts were joking around with me, the sole farang.

you wanna get in the middle of that?

Guest lazyphil

<<dozen highly aggressive drunk blokes armed with samurai swords, guns and bottles, firing themselves up for a fight. >>

On this premis every peace loving couple on a night out is at risk not just falang/thai couples, how on earth do these joints keep any steady business or are these places frequented only by drunk thugs?

>>>how on earth do these joints keep any steady business or are these places frequented only by drunk thugs? <<<

first of all - drunk thugs also spend money to get drunk, and to impress the females. ;)

secondly - thais generally go out in groups, because it's more fun, and for protection. normal thais generally go to places they are known, where they have friends.

you can't really call those people simply "thugs" - this is a very violent society here, and the nicest people can easily turn into what you call thugs as soon as the situation demands it..

difficult to explain how and why exactly, would take far too long - but it is just the way how things are here. to us that sounds exceedingly brutal, and unfair, and what you call thugs, but here nothing else is expected.

the old saying - when in rome...

thais simply do not go alone, or with their wife, in places like this when they are not known there. that's it. and you may get away with a lot as a farang, but as soon as you are with a thai woman you will *have* to adapt to the rules here.

just because some farang is under the impression that this the land of smile, and being nice will make all thais change their behavior, it does not mean that this will also happen.

this is thailand, not the "LOS". the "LOS" is in the heads of some TAT promoters and others with serious delusions, and the farang who believe that shite.

Archived