Ouch - US dollar under 40 baht

OCgringo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They must still be relatively easy to counterfeit because, while I've had twenties and hundred dollar bills refused overseas, I had a one hundred dollar bill refused at a local resturant last month. I do like the way sterling is designed, with larger denomations bieng larger in size, down to the fiver. It makes it easy to count money after a late night.

one reason they refuse bills is that they are selling them later to someone else,

I had a nice new crisp 50 euro note but it had a small tear on the bottom ,

they would not exchange it.

I guess if I am buying US$ from them I want clean non torn bills too :)

PS there were real good counterfeit $100 bills m the 1996 series,

thats why some places will not take them

OC

A friend sent me an e mail about Everbank where you can purchase CD's from other countries-currencies. Do you think it's a good idea to go out and buy Euro CD's with USdollars since Euro has done so well against ourUS dollars. If dollar contiues decline against Euros, should everybody buy Euros with dollars? I don't know much about investments but it sure looks good to me. what do you think? eee

Bush learned the term "strong dollar" and used it frequently last week, but it appears he did not learn that unbridled deficit spending makes for a weak dollar. From all appearances, the dollar will continue to drop.

Its too bad one can't trust Thai banks with one's life savings. the change in exchange rates between the dollar and the baht since the U.S. election is more than enough to swamp out the difference in interest rates on deposits.

By the way, is it merely a coincidence that the dollar started its plummet immediately after the election? ::

less than 39 1/2 baht today....

hard to say where the US$ will go vs the Euro,

the Euro countries do not want a low US$ as it hurts their exports.

Sometimes I wonder if the USA goverment even cares !

I would say that the Euro/US$ is close to the bottom,

it is within 5% I think of the lowest US$-DM rate if you convert it ,

the question is will it sit at this bottom rate for a long time or bounce back ?

I am guessing it will sit at the 1.25-30 rate , which is a little worse then the last 2 years

OC,

I read reports from local banks daily, as indeed the Euro / USD is important for my business.

Expectations are for short-terms for the USD to drop even further, some say 1.35 - 1.38, the Deutsche Bank even predicts 1.43 !

BTW, its 1.33 today :down:

And yes, its hurting Europe as hell, and no, there is nothing I can do about this.......

BB

one reason I started looking into making things in Thailand was the Euro rate which affected the price I paid for stuff in the Czech Republic ,

Czech is not the deal it was before , when it the 90s it was very cheap.

So even with the lower dollar , Thailand works for me , plus its warmer and more fun then Czech !

OC

Archived