Ouch - US dollar under 40 baht

OCgringo

"Long livethe weak dollar "

same same here, although it'd be more like "long live the weak bath".

Had the dinner with a bunch of parisians this week though and they claimed their business was going better when the dollar was high, prolly because they had many american customers. Noplomblem, methinks, focus on local and asian market plus US still seem to be a hot market anyway

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>By the way, is it merely a coincidence that the dollar started its plummet immediately after the election?

After the election congress authorized another 800 billion dollar increase to the national debt and raised its ceiling to a little over eight trillion. Also, Greenspan finally made a statement to the effect that deficient spending has got to stop or the US will face a major economic downturn in the near future. I think upheaval would be a better word.

ST

Cent,

I'm in the U.S. for Christmas with the grandkids, going back on January 16th. I'd like to hoist a couple with you the next time we're both in town. As I'm living in Bangkok, the odds are high that I will be there when you pass through. My New Year's resolution is to imporve my Gulliver's Friday night attendance record in 2005. That should help.

" Fuckers gave 37.521599 to the dollar!!!" I only use them in extreme emergencies. Absolutely hate it.

"...about as coincidental as the attack on Fallujah happening after the election..." Do you mean to imply that the President would time milary actions for his political benefit rather than for maximum military efficacy?

short-time, Yeah, between Congress and Greenspan, the world is reconsidering the advisability of continuing to loan money to a spend-thrift who cannot possibly pay back the loans.

• 2 weeks later...

TH

I send wire transfers (T/T) to Asia for business. I insist that the receiving company's bank furnish the name of their correspondent bank name in the USA. I can then send the T/T as a domestic wire to the correspondent bank.

My bank charges US$15.00 for a domestic wire and US$50.00 for an international wire.

This might help you

Bush

• 3 weeks later...

Archived