Thaksin vows to walk out of conference ...

jitagawn

My wife saw this on CNN last nite. Apparently in all of his wisdom Toxin vowed to walk out of the International conference presently going on if anyone broached,inquired regarding the subject of recent events in Southern Thailand IE the massacre of "officially" 86 people(there were actually many more). He stated and I am paraphrasing now (but my wife is enormously bright and well versed in International affairs)

that these were internal matters and not the concern of other countries.

WTF? Like these events do not affect Malaysia and are not (unfortuantely) intermingled with, but not necessarily one in the same, as current Islamic solidarity /jihad /terrorist/security issues worldwide? He does not seem to realize we are global entity and there is no going back.

He is truly "Bush" league as well... ::

If she got this wrong please advise but it sounded about right...

The Malaysians are giving Mr T hell over it, saying there is a danger the violence could spill over into their country. The subject was brought up once, which is why the T-man made his threat. But Indonesia is reportedly quite concerned about it and may well bring it up again anyway.

p.s. You should see all of the paper birds being collected and hung up all over Bangkok. That's the solution to the south: bombard them with 62 million paper birds! Once Thai commented to me that a lot of folks way down south will make some money selling paper for recycling ...)

thai3 said:

Someones yearly speach should be interesting next week. The highest family have been doing a lot more than politicians to improve things in the south the past few weeks-peter

---

yes, but i hope his birthday speech will not rebound from the PM, same as in the last two years. :(

PM stays seated as leaders talk about South

Published on November 30, 2004 The Nation

Malaysian and Indonesian leaders yesterday raised the issue of violence in southern Thailand at the annual Asean summit but did not single out the Tak Bai massacre that resulted in the deaths of at least 85 unarmed protestors – 79 of whom died while being transported in military vehicles.

Prime Minister Thaksin Shina-watra, who had earlier threatened to walk out of the summit if “Thailand’s internal affairs” were raised, remained seated while explaining his initial statement to regional counterparts.

“We should not supply more ammunition to international terrorists by internationalising do-mestic affairs,” government spokes-man Jakrapob Penkair quoted Thaksin as saying.

If our PM had any guts, he'd raise it with Thaksin's thugs. Instead, he is refusing to sign a piece of paper that might prevent us from sending the SAS into Indonesia to break up terrorist training camps. Gee, Johnny, I cant see the Indonesians objecting to that .........

We do have a few human rights issues of our own to address before we can start pointing the finger at Thaksin, tho .....

Archived