Torrent Clients

gummigut

dinkas: I'd uninstall Azareus and reinstall English Azareus from the Azareus website. I understand they have it in quite a number of languages.

KS: I've forwarded my ports (changed them as well). I do get remote connections, though not many at all.

I am achieving download speeds of up to 70k+ so I'm pretty happy.

Seems pretty stable. Previously I had Java 2.4. When I installed Azareus I installed JRE 2.5. Seems much more stable!

Love the wireless. I'm at my friend's house and surfing on my laptop and have Azareus downloading on my desktop.

If I can find a business reason to buy some computers I'm going to be hosting some Gamer weekends!!! :)

<<burp>>

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dinkas:

Wow, sorry you still have problems!

Okay, for 5 hours with Azureus where I was monitoring it off and on I was getting downloads between 75 and 125kbps. The japanese websites ate up all the extra bandwidth I had!

Unfortunately Azureus bombed on me after being up approximately 19 hours non-stop. Java then Azureus ran out of memory and bombed.

Freak'n corrupted my OS and now I have an unbootable machine!!!! Got to go to Fortune now and get software <<sigh>>

Actually what might have happened is that when Java and Azureus decided to have a fit, they may have continued sending read/write commands to the hard drive. My data is still on the drive but it was seriously burning up. Wonder if I could have melted glass. The hard drive was damn hot! Now I'm going to get some hard drive fans. When I turn my computer on, my neighbors will soon think I've got an airplane with all the noise from my fans!!!

As for router's, I'm going to post a little about mine in the True thread.

<<burp>>

Hi,

"Azureus used 100% of my CPU and I was unable to even surf the net or use other program"

I think this was a problem in older version (never encountered it myself). Not being able to surf you can counter by restricting the max. upload allowed to about 80% of your upload capacity.

Sanuk!

dinkas said:

GMG: Uninstalled Azureus and downloaded the latest version from SourceForge. Unfortunately, the menus are still in Thai. Oh well! I couldn't be bothered to go back to ABC as I get much faster download speeds with Azureus.

You should be able to configure the language from the Tools Menu -> Options -> Interface -> Language. I'll leave you to translate these instructions into the Thai equivalents .....

dinkas said:

After upgrading to the latest version of Azureus (2.2.0.1) about a month ago all my menus are now in Thai.

Does anyone here have an idea?

To solve your language problems:

1) go to tools (reading from left to right it's the 4th menu option)

2. Choose options (last choice in the roll down menu

on the left appears a menu (some of the choices have a "+" in front of them)

3) click on the second "+" in the menu

Now a new menu unfolds (it's called interface but you can't read it)

4) click on the first option (there are 3)

On the right side appears a scroll down menu.

5) set the language to english.

6) save your settings by pressing the button down in the left corner.

Done!

Cheers,

soongmak

Archived