Torrent Clients

gummigut

GMG and Soongmak: Thanks for your help. Your suggestion/solution (which I think was the same one) didn't work at first on my computer, but I have got it fixed now.

Just in case anyone else has the same problem, I'll explain what I did.

1. Download a Azureus plugin called "Internationalize Azureus" or "i18nAZ" from the Azureus website.

2. Close Azureus.

3. Install the plugin from the instructions in the downloaded file.

4. Restart Azureus.

5. Under "Plugins" choose "Internationalize Azureus".

6. Click on "New Language" choose "English". A new column should appear on the page entilted "English".

7. Restart Azureus and follow GMG and Soongmak's instructions and the menus should change languages instantly.

Now I can *easily* tweak my settings to get better downloads!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

First of all is it connecting at all (i.e. red faces in Azureus)? If not you need to allow javaw.exe access to the Internet.

If you get only yellow faces in Azureus it means you have a NAT problem. The way to solve that is to open the ports used by Azureus for incoming UDP (I think). Not sure how to do that in Norton as I have never used it.

Sanuk!

• 3 weeks later...

try bitcomet. it works really well, is feature rich and has some autonegotiation for proxies/firewalls.

i am moving to BKK, arriving FOB jan 10. Could someone tell going rates and lead time for broadband?

bp

True has about 75% to 90% of the market in bkk depending on who you talk to.

http://www.truecorp.co.th/index.php?name=promotion&file=promotion_detail&promo_id=20

Can go here for more general adsl info in Bangkok: http://www.adslthailand.com/

Note the web board at the above site is full of idiots as they compare their package speeds with torrent client downloading speeds.

Lead time for my house was 5-days if I remember correctly. They installed the line and I was up in the afternoon. Very satisfied customer. I'm using True (hope that doesn't come back to haunt me, hehe).

<<burp>>

bit_pusher said:

try bitcomet. it works really well, is feature rich and has some autonegotiation for proxies/firewalls.

i am moving to BKK, arriving FOB jan 10. Could someone tell going rates and lead time for broadband?

bp

Also using True. Supposed to be 5 days to install, but took only 4!!

Very happy with service. Only problem- I have the 2.5 service, but have never pulled more than about 1.4 max.

Another annoying problem- several people I know have not been able to get it in BKK because the "Line is full". If you look at the True package and then have to go with TOT, as at least 1 friend did, you will be sorely disappointed.

A few of my friends have the 2.5mb package. None of them need that much bandwidth. I was pretty sceptical whether they'd ever get that speed.

I've got the 1mb package. I usually get 50 to 80 downloading directly so I'm happy.

Never had the connection problem that I do hear from some people. It helps that there's really no apartment buildings near me, just townhouses so not so many people sharing my line.

If I can justify a new machine, I'm tempted to take my existing desktop and making a web server to see how well it works.

<<burp>>

G-

Yeah, I'm thinking about dropping down. Signed up for the 2.5 cuz only 1 month deposit!

I hreard a rumor that they disconnect you about once/day, for only a few seconds. Just enough, I guess, to force a new IP address, so I don't think running a server would be successful.

I know almost nothing about any of this technology stuff, though, so don't quote me. :)

Archived