Mykal's trip report days 1&2

Well guys, let me say this. I read a lot on the board and have everyone here to thank, even those who rubbed me a little bit on the wrong side. I would not have been able to have a successful trip nor would my friends who made it out there with me. I appreciate all of your input. Well hopefully I can post this report with the great writing skills of previous trip report posters. I was wondering when it would be my time to post and as the days counted down and the plane took off and the vacation was in motion I never thought I would be here writing a report but good or bad here it goes. It will be lengthy as I am detail oriented.

Departure and Days 1&2

My flight left JFK at 2:45pm on Wednesday afternoon. I was lucky to have two flight attendants who saw I was very sorely out of place on that flight to Tokyo as they were so I was bumped up to first class! The 13 hour flight was pretty much uneventful (tho I was sipping wine, sneakers were off and toes were wiggling in first class) and so was the connector from Narita to BKK albeit economy. I had a decent flight. I get to Don Muang and try to figure out which taxi stand everyone is talking about. I see the stands in the terminal and think to try them. My first quote was for 600 baht. I said well is it not supposed to be like 250? The lady said well its a limo. I said yeah thanks but no thanks. By the way do you have a map? She gave me a map and I thought their first try at a jerk move and I got a freebie from them. It would be the only freebie in Bangkok. I then settle in to the taxi for the ride in. Then I notice this guy is not turning on the meter. I say “meter” and no sooner does meter leave my mouth he pops it on. Damn that Nana Plaza message board is accurate. I look at the buildings on the highway and notice they are very dim and some not complete. Then all of a sudden with out noticing, we are on the street that leads to the Nana hotel. I see the hotel in the distance up ahead, the numerous taxi-meters and the nightlife unfolding in front of me. A very young elephant, led by its owner, trots down the street with a red reflector taped to its tail. To either side of me beer bars are pumping, ladies line the street, and I roll the window down to take it all in. I am now gaping mouth open watching everything in awe. Other taxi drivers look at me and laugh. The must know I am a newbie. Then that unmistakable smell wafts into the taxi and it hits me, I am actually in Bangkok.

After another HALF HOUR of traffic we make it to the Nana Hotel. I notice NanaPlaza blaring music across the street. I check in and notice the hubbub in the lobby. My excitement runs higher as I head for the elevator. I get to my room which is facing the skytrain and the street I was just stuck in traffic, sweep the curtains aside and take in the view. I then pace the room wondering “am I really ready for this” I get the courage to spray on some gucci nobile and head for the plaza. It is now 1am. I do a quick scan of the bottom floor and really don’t like what I see. I venture up to the second floor and start from the escalator and work my way around. A couple of women try to pull me in but the women don’t appeal to me so I fake right and go left of their swipes. A few got me to peek inside but I quickly left due to seedy looks of the bar, girls or both. I see the Woodstock and peek my head in but quickly remember what I am here for. I move on. I walk by another bar and some very nice, respectable looking welcome girls lead me by the hand into the curtain of their bar and give me one last little shove on the bottom to get me fully inside. I look around at the abundance of girls dancing, the nice look of the bar and the quality of women and decide to have a seat. This bar would become my “home bar”. In just a few seconds I was joined by a lady named Rum. (names will be slightly altered). She immediately puts her arm around me and wants to know what I am drinking where I am from-you know the routine. She is only about a 5 to a 6 though. I am polite to her and buy her a drink. I meet mamasaans and buy them a drink also. A little pushy one mama is but ok I am not a cheap charlie though I made her work for the drink a little. I decide that I am going to get stuck with Rum so after a whole I make a dash for the door and say thanks. I hit the street outside Nana as it is 2am and all the bars close and people file out. Rum soon spots me and runs up to me with Pak. We go to Food land and get some liquor and snacks and head for my room. Pak quickly steps up and leads me throught the aisles of Foodland and Rum stands idly by. I am beginning to like this Pak. Beauty she is body bout an 8 face about a 7 but personality was a dime. We go back to the room and I give Rum a fair chance - one she did not take. Pak jumps up on the bad and looks at me with this smile for a min or two then gives me a pretty nice french-kiss. Rum grabs the condoms off of the tv throws them on the nightstand and says ok I am leaving. I tell Rum she is welcome to stay. After an episode of following her down trying to give baht for a taxi and back up to the room she finally leaves at dawn. Pak has won. Too bad as they are good friends. That showed me that Pak really did like me. She would not have stepped up against a good friend if not. (IMO) Pak claims her belt by taking off mine and giving me a very inspired BJ followed by my very tired, jet-lagged, 5 beers and mixed drink sexual performance. We lay in a heap on the bed and proceed to sleep until noon the next day. She says she must go home and change before work. I say where you go to your home? She says yes. I say do you want me to go? She says “up to you”. I say lets go! We get off at the last stop of the Sky train (forget which stop) and grab a taxi for another 30 minutes. We end up in her neighborhood without a foreigner in sight! There are many many school children and locals all getting a kick out of me way out there. I loved it! Pak held my hand not down by her side but halfway up like a prize fight just won. We went to her small apt. shared by another very attractive female not on the game. She showered changed and we went back to BKK. I hung out in her bar (home bar) until a friend of mine who was supposed to show up but did not at the time he said. So I leave with Pak again and Jay shows up as we leave the mouth of NEP. Then Rum shows up and we do the foodland thing again and I try to set Jay (my friend) up with her as I feel sorry about last night. Jay is not too keen though and I end up with Pak again and nothing coming of my friend and Rum.

This was night one and 2. More to come!!!!

Mykal

Thanks ACER. I wrote that part of the report on almost no sleep the last night in BKK got on plane in morning at 6am and slept like 3 hours on that flight to Narita and the 13 hour flight from Narita to JFK I got like 1 hours sleep. Then I got home and posted this trip report. I woke up face on the keyboard twice. I almost crashed on the FDR driving home. *LOL* Well not really funny but I am here on this earth to plan another trip! I WILL be going back. I will post the rest as I have time.

Mykal

Archived