Cause of AIDS, fucking monkeys?

spirit_of_town_hall

>) It could just be possible some people may have been trying to catpure the little monkey to EAT it rather than sleep with it, hence blood got spilled etc.

The problem was that was in the *second* paragraph of my first post. Which means attention span problems....LOL..

-j-

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>sick, but appearantly true. a mate of mine has investigated the issue as well while he lived in indonesia.

I do find this very, very hard to belive. I am sure the orang was rescued from a brothel, but would be inclined to think it was kept as a pet rather than one of the "services". An orang is one of the strongest primates, and quite capable of (literally) ripping a mans head off....who is gonna go there?....

-j-

dunno, even though being german, i have no direct personal experience with it. ::

first my mate told me about it, he did investigate it and said that it happened. he also said that those orang utans rescued had some similar psychological disturbances as victims of continued child abuse.

and then, i had a brief look in google and posted that link, which spoke of the same thing.

as to strong, yes, but men has domesticated far stronger animals. conditioning can do strange things.

who's gonna go there? well, locals, i guess.

human sexuality can be outright weird at times - when they made a bit more than a decade ago the first sort of hide report on india, the most surprising result was that a large amount of indian men had their first sexual experience with chicken.

and no, i have no first hand personal experience with that either, even though being german and all... :o ::

anyhow, i thought it was rather fascinating what you posted about the infections potentially coming out of the fringe territories of humanity and animal kingdom. do you have any not too scientific links a lay person such as me can read and understand?

would be appreciated.

josh_ingu said:

>sick, but appearantly true. a mate of mine has investigated the issue as well while he lived in indonesia.

I do find this very, very hard to belive. I am sure the orang was rescued from a brothel, but would be inclined to think it was kept as a pet rather than one of the "services". An orang is one of the strongest primates, and quite capable of (literally) ripping a mans head off....who is gonna go there?....

-j-

LOL, have to agree, read somewhere Gorillas can easily bench press the weight of a large car. Here's a link describing how orang's kill crocodiles by pulling open their jaws and ripping apart their throat.

Orang Utan

Wouldn't want to short-change one of them after a ST... :o

As to the original topic, if I recall back in the 80's they were talking how they thought they had traced AIDS back to a green monkey, so there was "silly street talk" of how AIDS started with an attractive monkey at the time - could be where this myth started.

>anyhow, i thought it was rather fascinating what you posted about the infections potentially coming out of the fringe territories of humanity and animal kingdom. do you have any not too scientific links a lay person such as me can read and understand?

Its not really my area. I have sat through a few talks on it in various meetings, and found it interesting. Nipah virus (down in Malaysia) was fascinating. Pig farms had encroached on the local habitat, they had cleared (most) of the jungle, then set up large pen pig farms. Unfortunately, they left some of the larger tree's to provide additional shelter from the sun. Which was fine, except that bats stayed in those tree's. The bats either shat directly into the pens, or still born bats dropped into the pens, which were then eaten by the pigs...."natural" bat virus, new host, shit loads of trouble....and that was very contagious, with a high (50% IIRC) mortality rate. nasty.

Try searching on "Emerging infectious diseases", you should get some interesting hits. I do note however, that this is not a well explored area of science. I do think it will be big, and I expect money to start being poured into it soon. Would also have to say its gonna be a personally pretty dangerous area of science as well!!

-j-

Hi dddave,

>>>>>It is a factual account of a near breakout of the Ebola virus at a Virginia research lab that received an infected shipment of research monkeys, either from the Phillipines or Indonesia. The book went into some detail about how virus's develop, mutate and jump species. At that time, nobody knew what the SARS virus was going to do and the book scared the hell out of me.<<<<

I posted in some detail about this incident a few weeks ago, and it's significance, but no one really wants to hear it. Wanna really get scared? Read Lorrie Garret's book, "The Coming Plague". Same participant's, to a certain degree (just under a different cover).

The fact is, that it's an elusuve concept, that can only brought home with upcoming movies like "SMALLPOX", to the general population. But even that, will not bring home the reality of the situation. ::

HT

That explains a lot. I remember when me and Jack and OH made a little sidetrip to Djakarta one time, just for the crack like, and we ended up in this place...well, cut a long story short, me and Jack didn't fancy the talent much, we were both well pissed anyway so we called it a night. OH must have spotted something we didn't because he was off to a back room before we knew it. We didn't see him till about three days later. He showed up looking a bit dishevelled, didn't want to talk much. We never did get the whole story out of him. And we never could find the place again but...come to think of it this should probably be in trip reports... :)

Last year I attended the "bridges conference" in BKK where Prof. Joshua Lederberg, Nobel Laureate for Medicine spoke about various diseases. At the end of the lecture, he was open to questions in which one person asked whether he believed AIDS was a creation of the west as a biology weapon. He really berated the question and called it a stupid notion. (He is from NY) The main problem was the question was from the princess .OPPS.

Looking forward to the lectures this year where HSH Prince Alfred of Liechtenstein, whom spoke last year and Hans Blix is speaking

Search Google for ?Polio vaccines, HIV, and Monkeys?, and you will eventually find the story. USA researchers have already admitted that the Salk (Polio) vaccine (that is, the attenuated strain of the Polio virus) was grown out in a broth made from the viscera of monkeys. Being the fuggin? do-gooders that the USA is, they injected all of the African kids with that vaccine, but, ?whoops? somehow, American, and other First World kiddies got a cleaner dose of the vaccine without the Death Serum included. That is supposed to be the ?real-real? scoop on how HIV jumped species in the late 1950?s, and why it emerged first in Africa.

Yes seems Princess Sirindhorn had a good question there. Guess we will never know where it came from, even though josh is sure he has the only answer! :: :: ::

I personally would not think the bush meat theory would hold to much validity since humans have been eating meat for 1000000s of years. Most people would cook their meat now which should kill most pathogens. And since AIDS seems to be a relatively new disease you would think we would have contacted it along time ago if the vector was through food. The vaccine idea seems like a good one!

Archived