"...long strange trip..."

Old Hippie

Was going to post in trip reports, but this is really more about relationships. Besides, we get a better quality of reader here :) . So I went off to LOS 3 weeks back, on the heels of finally calling it quits with my beloved Si Saket Girl. On a previous trip, I met up with my ex love interest, the homosidal soup throwing hairdrersser from Soi 4. So I went off to LOS with the idea of meeting up with her again (don't ask me why) and a few others from the passed. Also one or 2 new possibilities if time allowed.

Very quickly, all the previous old loves passed by, leaving me to move on to others. Called Tonsil girl, and following a Loy Kratong night of great drunken sex, she became a pain in the ass "...take me to Krabi or I will go home to see my mother..." Home she and her mom had a great visit. Pat pong girl was booked solid, Hairdresser is not interested, "though we will always be friends."

So one night while cruising through the Soi 13 beer bar complex, I ran into an old dear friend I first met 13+ years ago. We will call her "J." So Turns out, she is now part owner of one of the bars. Interesting story, but many of the girls there own a piece of the action. Sort of a Bar girl cooperative. So we talk drink, go for dinner etc. She stays with me that night, just like old times. SHe shows me pictures of her kids, now 13 and 11. Way back when, we thought I might have been the father of her first kid, test ruled that out. First and last Paternity test I ever had/wanted to take, more careful now. We talked about what if I was her dad, etc, and had a great time going over old times. "J" is quite a girl, farmer, bar girl, pro fighter, bar manager, bar co owner many things she has done, never lazy and always trying to move ahead.

So we spent a lot of time together. We move well as a couple. Something I have noticed, when out with an "older girl," (33) especially one you are really comfortable with, people look at you differently. Or so it seems. People refered to her as my wife rather than my Girl friend or date or "lady." We went all over together, and on the 2 occassions when I had a dinner date with another girl (details soon) she said "o.k. you go, see you latetrtonight, call if you want me leave room :) ..."

So off I went. With "Cargo Girl." )works for cargo company.

CG worked in an internet cafe a few years back, met her there, cute, sweet, would never go out with me, finally finished school, has a job and said o.k. She'd go! So we met, went to dinner at Kung Pao on Ratchada, had a good time, and agreed to meet again. So I go back to the room, "J" is watching t.v. "...lose again...?" she asks and smiles "yea, sort of, but I still have you, so guess I really won" I say "Pak Wan...bullshitter..." she smiles... we curl up and watch a movie, make love and fall asleep.

So next night J and I head for dinner and Muat Thai at Rajadomernen. After, we get really drunk in her bar, and start talking about all the guys she/I knew and all the girls I went with from the bar she used to manage in Clinton plaza. We have a fun time going over all of them and deciding who went with a worse group (sadly, I won that honor, but never mind :) ). The cops finally chase us out of the bar, and later off the street where we held up, and we went back to the hotel. Great time again, I started taking romantic/love stuff, and she told me to shut up for my own good, or she'd hold me to it for good this time. Next morning, we wake up, and she laughs, "...you talk to much, say sweet stuff, bet you no remember now...? "yep, I do, all of it, want to hold me to it...?" "no, I go Australia soon, marry "name with held" no love him, just cannot get visa...don't want marry, him o.k. good man, but not same man you...not love you either, but like you better, you better heart, fix friend tooth before remember?" she was refering to the time I got her friend's teeth fixed, and paid for it. "... Maybe I can get USA visa, have business, kids stay here, have money, and have Australia visa before, so maybe can get...you talk to mut I tell you, now you stuck !! " she laughs "lets go eat..." and she drops the subject.

The whole time I am thinking this is great, and we have hit it off so many times before, what the hell. Then I said no, been here to many times before, enjoy the moment, and forget the rest. Next Night, Cargo girl calls me, wants to meet, no problem with J. So CG and I head out to Latprao, shop around for clothes she can wear to a wedding, and then go for dinner near by. She wants to go back to the Ratchada Fun fair, near Kung Pao. So we go, she holds my hand, saying she is afraid to get lost, feels great, I love holding hands etc, I take it seriously :) and we have a good time walking around the fair. We then take the "Dai Din" (subway) and a taxi back to her room. She tells me to wait down stairs. SHe comes back a few minutes later "...o.k. we go..." and up we went. Turns out, she is sharing a room with 2 other girls. Nice room, all stay and watch t.v. (normally I would have thought 3some, but these are nice girls (bad ones are more fun I know) :). So we hang out, and later I leave, she walks me down stairs, and kisses me good night in the elevator. A great night, even if I didn't get laid (by her). Back to my room and J I go.

J calls me "meet at bar" o.k. so we meet, drink, spend some time in the street, then she decides to take me to the flower market. Great place to walk around and take pictures. We buy flowers for Bhudda and then go pray. I am not usually big on Prayers of any kind, but this was something different, dare I say even special. We decide to head to Wat Arun the next day. So we go to Arun Wat, and she suggests we go before a monk and pray, and get a blessing. we kneel down, bow, wai etc, she coaches me though the process. The monk tells me in English, give me right hand, and he puts on a string braclet, orange and red. J decides time for a joke, and says, "...o.k. I told you you talk to much, and I hold you to it, now we married..." the monk who speaks English plays along. "Congratulations" he adds, "I thought you already married, long time already...seem right." We donate some money and have our names put on a roof tile for the new temple roof "Mr. and Mrs. Old Hippie."

So we spend the rest of the trip together. No more dates with Nice girl, who has gone home to Nakhon Nayok for her friend's wedding. Time to leave, and I begin to sabatoge my best efforts to go home. I had checked the flight, it seemed full, so I decided to go home via Japan leaving Saturday night, lay over in NRT, then catch an SFO flight the next day (BKK-Nrt is always difficult for space available airline employeee travelers like myself). Instead, I decide I will chance it Sunday morning on Our flight. So we call it an early night, and head to the room. "shut up" she says "don't ruin last night with little talk and promise o.k.?" "o.k." I say She replies "shut up and just fuck o.k.?" "o.k." so we do just that, and then talk a bit. She will go to Oz, and maybe marry the other guy, maybe not. SHe just wants to stay 5-6 months, and make some money, come home and whatever, maybe open a shop up in her home town. And I have no idea of the future from one minute to the next. SO we just enjoy the moment.

Next morning I again try to sabatage my departure. We get to the airport exit of the toll way via hotel taxi, I realize I have left my gold, money and some back up employee tickets in the hotel lock box. we tell the taxi to go back, and he does graciously. I get the stuff, and we head back to the airport, making it in time. By some luck, the flight has seats for employees, and I get on right away, get my departure tax ticket and a few last minute good byes,and a kiss good bye..."I miss you you know " she tells me "me too, so what about all this...? " I ask "don't think so much, we have good time, I see you again you know, we ment to always see eachother sometime, just not always stay together..." she says, o.k. and another kiss goodby.

I headed through the gate, turn around, and she is waving good bye. I get to the plane, and she sends me a SMS message. "relax, don't think so much everything o.k." I know what she means. I get drunk on the plane, force of habit. I get to Japan, and have a few drinks with a co worker on the same flight. Oddly, I find a phone card on the bar. I decide to call her from Japan. She's in her room, getting ready to "go count money, pay salary lady working" We talk a few minutes She again says "you drunk again, talk to much...just relax, we o.k. see you again you know, we cannot change what the plan for us, we see again next year..." I head home.

So yeah, a weird but wonderful trip with an old and dear...how should I call her? Odd , but it seems like the closest thing to a decent relationship I have had in years... :) hope it never ends...but I know it will.

Great post OH. On that subject of the board being sanuk or not. If old timers would contribute their experiences like you have here, this board would really get interesting.

Sounds like you will have them blues after seeing your old friend.

"hope it never ends...but I know it will."

No. It doesn't end, just zig zags to throw you off a little.

OH,

Thanks for sharing that. Best of luck in life and love. I agree with Mailuk, these are the type of things a lot of guys like to read on here, no matter what section they are put in. I'd like to see more of this kind of postings myself. And yes, I have noticed that the older the Thai lass you are with (assuming she is dressed a bit conservatively) the more other Thais treat you as husband and wife rather than punter and child rental bride. My wife is now 34, we started seeing each other when she was 25. Personally I prefer an older lass, 25 or more. The young ones are good for a night of fun, but to have a long term relationship with them is a nightmare usually. I've met few younger ones that I'd even waste my time with other than a one night stand. J sounds like a good one, good head and heart from what you tell us of her. BTW I forget, how old was SSK girl?

Cent

ML,

Thanks. I was skepticle about posting it, a few gys have taken their shots on my previous relationship posts...but glad you all enjoyed it, and yes, I agree, we need to share this sort of thing.

Cent,

"...BTW I forget, how old was SSK girl?..."

She just turned 27 In October.

BB,

Thanks, I have a feeling they are working out for the best, one way or another...sadly, the best is not always what we really want though... :( But I have yet another wonderful LOS memory!

Archived