Day 9 and 10

Day 9, early morning 10

I go back to Bangkok only to find out my email to the Nana was not read by Jaruwan because he is off on certain days. "We are fully booked" says the man at the desk. If my regular guy who always gives me the thumbs up was there I would have had a room in no time. We head across the street to the Dynasty and check in there. Same cost as the Nana but nothing happening in the lobby and no breakfast to my knowledge and just to confirm my fears about a different hotel, a big roach greets me into the room crawling on one of the single beds. The bellhop pushes the two twin beds together while totally ignoring the roach. They must have cut a side deal. Kevin settles into his room and then we set out to find Jay who should be back from Cambodia. I find out in his email that he did no brothel hopping just went to see Angor Wat. We cannot find him and do the Patpong scene again and go to the go go next to my main hangout. I have my two lovelies again bouncing on each leg. They are getting a little frisky about me coming there three times and barfining neither of them. I am not really a Patpong guy. I like to watch and touch but if I pay 2k or more baht for a starfish I am going to be real pissed. We leave there and go back to Nana Plaza. We sit at the beer bar to the left of the mouth of NEP. We meet the bar owner who tells us his life story as he owns several bars and a few go go's in Bangkok. (fat American guy most expats know who he is). Then we watch the ladies come in to work and all the ladies from my home bar give us a special hello as they pass by making the current girls trying to get me and Kevin to sponsor them a little irked. Then Pak comes walking through the mouth of NEP just as one of the beer bar girls started to get me into some decent convo. I went out there leaving beer bar girl in mid sentence and gave Pak such a hug and a kiss... The girl I was talking to leaves with a snicker and evil look. Pak is ecstatic thinking she was never going to see me again. She is bouuncing up and down at the sight of me and I think she is going to explode where she is standing. I give her barfine and she says "I cannot pay bar myself on Saturday" I say "ok I come up at 6pm". She says ok and Kevin and I finish our beers. We spend the rest of the night pretty much at my home bar. We missed Jay who said he would be back at 1am but we left at 1:15am without seeing him. I go up to HOLLYWOOD to find my ticklish girl (Nok) but she is nowhere to be found. I go back down and spend some time with Pak who kisses me the whole time I am there. It is now time for me to go. Mamasaans are saying good bye and I do the rounds around the bar. I say good bye to the waitress girl who seems really eager to kiss me good bye. What the hell Pak is outside. I kiss her, say good by to the bar owner and then Kevin tells me he has barfined yet ANOTHER of my home bar's girls(this makes 4). I am like "damn Kevin why don't you go to other bars if you are gonna pull this sh*t". I never wanted to piss anyone off there. I liked the treatment there. Kevin says make sure she comes to the hotel I am leaving now. It was still very evident what he did. I just think "well he can be grimy like that in LOS". And those were his intentions. He never was with one girl more than a night except for the Pattaya girl who he was with for two. He did what I wanted to do and never had the heart to do. I could not be upset with him. I got a little caught up wiht Pak even though I did try to set myself up witht the waitress girl. As I was going out his third girl (the very young hello girl) calls me over and tells me in my ear "your friend big butterfly" and is very upset I can tell. She is not hardened enough to accept him sleeping with girls from her bar. I smile and say "sorry, bye". We head out and meet Kevin at the mouth of NEP and head up to his room for about 30 mins. It is 2am and my flight leaves at 6! I say alright Kev have a good time on your last night and head to my room with Pak. Pak and I in about 1 and 1/2 hours investigated every inch that bed had to offer. I really gave her a pounding. Kevin called to tell me not to fall asleep. I "say how are things"? He says "well there are like 3 girls in my room right now". Two who he has laid already. He says "whats going on they just rang at reception and came on up"? I say "I don't know". He says "well keep calling up to check on me"

He finally realizes that he should not be barfining all these chicks from the same bar. The girls play cards until 11am the next day he tells me later but everything ends up ok. Pak and I jump up at 4:15am shower, dress and hit a cab at 4:30 making it to the airport at 4:45. Walking through the terminal I keep looking at her and she says "miiiiike don't look meeeeeee". And looks as if she was really sad. We go to Burger King and take each others information. We then go to the passport area. This is the end of the line for us. We kiss and hug for an eternity then I get ready to disappear behind the passport wall. We are looking at each other for a few seconds while I am in the doorway and then "POOF" my experience was a memory that fast. The next day while I am on an airplane, Kevin and Jay hook up and go to Hollywood in NEP. The tickling girl that I ended up with from there on the night befoe I went to Pattaya (Nok) instantly grabs Kevin and won't let go. Jay has his Hollywood regular with him who he is spending everyday with now and says yeah Kevin that is Mike's girl from here. Kevin says really and asks Nok. Nok says "shhh" and sheepishly grins at Kevin. Kevin barfines her on his last night. Funny I just thought I would add that. I guess Kevin took my advice to "go to other bars and pull that sh*t". *LOL*

THOUGHTS

Wow, I am still in awe of my trip. I can't believe the prices, the attitude of the people, the smiles, the women and their aim to please. Very overwhelming. The trip has left me very confused also. Confused about whether my life is really fun over here or am I loosing my grip on what is important? I want to prosper and live well but that can be done in Thailand with a sufficient amount of capital. Well, at least the live well part. Prosperity? You better find a bull market fast and hope they don't have a run against the dollar over there. I don't want to make any rash decisions but I am not the same anymore. I am making plans with my friends for our next trip (maybe March) I don't think the job will be going for that one though. I think about the 3 women who still constantly email me (and I them) since I left LOS and wonder if they are sincere in what they say or are trying to solidify their schemes for when I come back. Hard to tell. The Pattaya girl (Ning) is the most sincere of them all (IMHO) and also the newest to the game so I look at her emails and remember the time I had with her and believe she is the most sincere (what a sweetie she was *sniff*). But you never know. The Hollywood girls last email (Nok) said "I miss you in my every breaths" ... "I am going to do the right thing for us and for our future". What us? What future? She screwed my boy! *LOL* THERE IS NO FUTURE!!! I thought that was pretty funny. I will continue to email her though I don't know if I should bring Kevin up. Pak however is the winner of the trip because of her style, class and looks. She does not win every category but is in the upper echelons of each. At one point of our last night I asked her about Kevin and the girls and what they were saying about him at the bar. Just as classy as she could be told me in pretty good english "Mike there are some times when I must tell you no" Meaning she would not talk on her friends business. She also told me her knowledge of trying to get the waitress girl back to the hotel ending it with "I am not stupid" The only time she had a tone of contempt for me. What class... Ning is breathing right down her neck though and if she was able to communicate a little more with me may have won woman of the trip honors. Even with no English she is giving Pak a run for her baht. I still get emails from all three. Pak is trying to call. I am never home. I passed on the Cambodia trip once I got to LOS. Quite simply, there was no reason to go. I really wanted to experience the dark Khmer women but once I saw there were dark women in LOS that did it, I was staying. I did not cry at the airport though I wanted to. I did not get any requests for money abroad or a bank account though I contemplate sending money to Pak and Ning anyway. I don't think I am in love or want to marry any of them. But I will tell you what... I now now who I DON'T love and who and what I DON'T want to marry here in America. Strange, I came back with life so much more clearer in one respect but so confused in another respect. It was like reversing everything as far as my thought processes go and being just as confused as before but its a "different" confused. I hope you all understand where I am coming from and I am sure that the newbies, just fresh from LOS, KNOW EXACTLY WHERE I AM COMING FROM.

Mykal

[ September 25, 2001: Message edited by: mykal ]

Mykal: >The trip has left me very confused also. Confused about whether my life is really fun over here or am I loosing my grip on what is important?<

Exactly my feelings when I was a newbie in July last year. I have been back about four times since, to find the answer, but is is still eluding me, leaving me as confused as ever. But trying to find it is fun!

Thanks! Enjoyed it. I came away the same way when I got back. Maybe you're like me and find you don't go for the BS western women give anymore. You can take it or leave it. I found the crux of it all is now I have options. Maybe you found the same. If the dating scene gets so bad, there is at least one place to go that will get out of any dating funk I can get into.

Are you ever going to tell her that you know about her and your friend? She'll lose face with you. Probably best to let her enjoy the deception, she's just a working girl afterall.

In one way I felt that it ruined me in that I don't think I could ever marry a western woman after being there which may be a good or bad thing.

Once again, great post and congrats! I think I can speak for all when I say 'Welcome to the club!'

Great reports, and, yes, I know exactly where you're coming from!

Once you've been there, Thailand is a really hard place to stay away from and your value system undergoes a complete reassessment.

At least, that's what happened to me. laugh.gif" border="0

"It is the journey that you make in life that makes it worth living" or something like that...The point is - the search is more important than the answer.

The more reports I read, the more I miss LOS.

Mykal,

Now is not the time for analysis. It is a time for you to savor.

Thanks for bringing back some fond memories, Mykal. Your hours of writing were damn well worth it--in terms of our appreciation. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Wonderful trip reports.When you were describing your times at NEP I could visage every neon sign,every crack in the pavement,every smell from the food vendors and all the gaggle coming from the bars I now know so well.

Now your back with us on Planet Boring I hope you can deal with the "cold turkey"which will decend on you like a ton of bricks. frown.gif" border="0

Archived