Thai Air Frequent Flyer Points Ripoff?

walletss

free return ticket and 3 free round trip upgrades on TG? wow! how did you get those? usually you get round trip upgrades once every 2 years for renewal of gold card and one for your birthday (however this is only valid during the month you have birthday) and an additional one for every 50k miles you fly (this is inofficial however). and then there are the occasional additional upgrades you get on check in, but they have become very greedy on those. did you pay with miles?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saiphon said:

Never had any problem getting a free ticket with Thai (LHR-BKK-LHR). I usually earn 1 free flight every 3 years, and have always got first choice of date, seat etc. The next one will be my fifth free return trip to BKK. I do book four or five months in advance though.

Well, I've never had any luck getting a free ticket from the US to BKK on Thai with Star Alliance miles, no matter how far in advance or how flexible I was willing to be. Have had much better luck with Singapore (Star), Cathay and JAL (One World).

samak said:

free return ticket and 3 free round trip upgrades on TG? wow! how did you get those? usually you get round trip upgrades once every 2 years for renewal of gold card and one for your birthday (however this is only valid during the month you have birthday) and an additional one for every 50k miles you fly (this is inofficial however). and then there are the occasional additional upgrades you get on check in, but they have become very greedy on those. did you pay with miles?

Actually, the BD upgrade is now (unofficially) valid the month before and after your BD as well......

BD in april, flew BRU-HGK with free upgrade as mentioned in earlier thread.

BB

Samak,

free return ticket with miles, free upgrade on both legs upon check in at the airport

One free upgrade for the acquisition of gold card

Than the birthday upgrade, the month after my birthday.

How about the unnoficial ugrade for every 50000 miles?? Can I just ask them for my next flight??

Cheers!

Random

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had a problem with Thai Airways after 17 Round trips from Los Angeles to Bangkok.

I've changed dates tons of times.......pissing them off I'm sure.

They've always been %100 solid to every request I've asked.

I did forget once to ask for posting of my miles outbound out of Los Angeles, but on the return trip home they posted all.

Well, I sent in my application for the Royal Orchid Plus.

I sent in a copy of my ticket stub.

I received a Member ID and a password.

Number of miles: 0

Yes, a big ZERO.

Rules are rules, etc.

Boarding pass stubs? You have got to be shitting me.

I am lucky to find my pockets, never mind a boarding pass stub. Come on now!

:nono:

Archived