Thai Air Frequent Flyer Points Ripoff?

walletss

BelgianBoy said:

OH & Bubi,

Of course, both of you are right.

However, concerning the FF's, its according to their rules, not yours.

So, its ROP at checkin, or keep the boarding passes.

Elementary, na ?

BB

I agrre in principle, but I do think they should make a better attempt in the interest of customer service...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OCgringo said:

I have the same problem right now with United,

Unfortunately I sent by post the receipt of my flight and boarding pass,

but they never credited it , saying they did not recieve it,

stupid me I did not make a copy !

OC

Are you already a MP member? What staus are you? If you are premier or higher u don't need to do the boarding pass thing. As long as your flight info is still in their system and not offline, just keep calling MP until you get a rep that will do it for you.

I think they also have a function on UAL.com that allows you to request missing mileage credit.

OCgringo said:

I have the same problem right now with United,

Unfortunately I sent by post the receipt of my flight and boarding pass,

but they never credited it , saying they did not recieve it,

stupid me I did not make a copy !

OC

Yep, I had the same with SWISS, mailing boarding pass, playing the game in accordance with THEIR rules he!!!

easy to forget to show your FF card at check in.

Strange letters get at destination 99.9999% of the time.

They still will try to get ya.

" I agrre in principle, but I do think they should make a better attempt in the interest of customer service... "

This is what I find irritating.

I have the first boarding pass but not the rest of them.

I have the luggage tags still attached to my ticket stub.

I have the visa stamps (entry and exit) in my passport.

I paid $157 in various departure taxes including some new security tax.

It would take them about thirty seconds to access their computers and find out if I was on those flights.

They prefer to tell me that there is no other way other than having all the boarding passes to verify. That is what they said. This is a quote " How would we know if you were actually on those flights?"

Do you mean to tell me that they think I would believe them when they tell me that they have no other way of verifying?

In these times? With all the potential of terrorism? They can't know who boarded a flight?

It's the bullshit they handed to me I dislike more than the loss of points.

walletss ,

<<Read their rules,......<< ( Quote BelBoy )

Which is what we do now :

Thai Air ROP member's handbook, edition Sept 2002 , the last one they sent me . Page 5 " Mileage Claims " .

" Retain all original boarding passes and tickets until mileage appears on your statement . For travel with electronic tickets , retain payment receipts.

Submit mileage claims for all air travel to your local Thai office , or directly to the members service centre. Original boarding passes , tickets or tricket copies , and your membership number must be included with each claim . "

Over to you.

BuBi

" walletss ,

<<Read their rules"

I read their rules. I can live without their points but I still don't like the bullshit they hand out about not knowing if I was on the flight.

Let me ask you a question? If you checked out of your hotel at 12.10 pm and was asked to pay an extra days room fee because the rule says checkout at 12pm, would you be a bit ticked off if the manager and said read the rules and pay up?

walletss,

I try again ,slowly :

I was referring to BBoy's remark that according the rules you need a boarding pass to claim your miles . I wanted to clarify that according to said rules you are also ok if you have your ticket and they are entitled to accept it as sufficient proof to credit your miles . Meaning you have a right to ask them to accept your ticket , it is not just a courtesy.

Trying to figure what you want to tell me with the 12:10 hotel checkout because the situation is different from yours. If your contract with the hotel says checkout is 12:00 and you are later than that you would have to pay an extra charge , your fault. Your Thai Air case has nothing to do with that because you have not made a mistake, it is them who behave against the contract by not accepting your ticket. No I would not be keen to pay extra money for 10 minutes but if they call the police what would you do. Yes I agree that your Thai staff are probably idiots but it is up to you to resign or pursue.

Nuff said.

Bubi

buffalo_bill said: ..." Retain all original boarding passes and tickets until mileage appears on your statement . For travel with electronic tickets , retain payment receipts.

Submit mileage claims for all air travel to your local Thai office , or directly to the members service centre. Original boarding passes , tickets or tricket copies , and your membership number must be included with each claim . "

BuBi

I think this is vague wording. Typical of the crap that airlines consistently come up with. UAL is constantly getting into hot water with it's MileagePlus members for "unintentionally" misleading wording.

It specifically tells you to save boarding passes- but no reason given- certainly not for a mileage claim, for which the <unclear> requirements are as stated above.

Does this line: "Original boarding passes , tickets or tricket copies , and your membership number must be included with each claim ." mean you must submit :

1. "original boarding passes AND EITHER tickets OR tricket copies, in ADDITION TO your membership number"

or does it mean:

2. Any one of the first three items, in addition to your membership number?

I read it as the second option.

Therefore, OP can submit for claim his actual tickets OR his boarding passes OR copies of his tickets. In other words, boarding passes are not mandatory, just one of the three options.

Next case, bailiff. :)

And... it's not "trickets", as you spelled it.

It's "tlickets".

Thai Air, doncha know.

Archived