Thai Air Frequent Flyer Points Ripoff?

walletss

Bubi... I understand what you wanted to say in your earlier post. I was merely replying to other posters on this thread generally.

The example I gave you about a ten minute overstay in a hotel was to illustrate the absurdity of over stringent adherence to the letter of the law.

If a Thai flight is late or overbooked and I get bumped then I have to cop it sweet. They should make reasonable allowances for our oversights as we make allowances for their shortcomings but according to their policy it seems only they are allowed oversights and errors.

Here are the two emails that were sent to me by Royal Orchid Plus Members Service.

Dear Mr. .....

Thank you for your email.

However, to process air mileage claims within six months

of the activity period, the original boarding passes

only and legible ticket copies and receipts for the flights in

question

must be forwarded by post to the Members Service

Centre at the following mailing address, or delivered to

any ROP On-Line Service location or THAI office world-wide:

RoyalOrchidPlus, Thai Airways International Pub. Co. Ltd.,

P.O.Box 567, SamsenNai Post Office, Bangkok 10400, Thailand.

Please note that faxed or scanned boarding

passes will not be accepted, and any claims with incomplete

documentation will not be processed or acknowledged.

All documentation will be retained by THAI.

Apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Sincerely Yours,

Members Service & Support

Royal Orchid Plus

Dear Mr. .........

We would advise you that if you do not quote your membership number

when

making the reservations

or presenting the membership card at the check-in counter and you do

not

have the completed document,

we are afraid that we can credit only the flight that you have

completed

documents.

However, we therefore look forward to receiving the required documents

for

further action.

Yours Sincerely,

Panatda Suwan

Members Service & Support

Royal Orchid Plus

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Rather start a new thread I thought I'd just let ya know the latest offer for Royal Orchid Gold Card holders; 52000 miles gets ya an economy class return flight from UK to BKK.The journey has to be completed before 15th August.

Now thats generous!!

JP

Bkkbound04 said:

Rather start a new thread I thought I'd just let ya know the latest offer for Royal Orchid Gold Card holders; 52000 miles gets ya an economy class return flight from UK to BKK.The journey has to be completed before 15th August.

Now thats generous!!

JP

Instead of ????? 80K ?

BB

curious

BB,

I believe the normal rate is 60000 miles from UK to BKK,I've never used airmiles to get free flights before and I only discovered this when in Thai's BKK HQ last week and a sweet girl on the desk persuaded me not to use the miles to upgrade to business but get a free return flight.

JP

I'd say the girl did a favor. I consider a free flight better than an upgrade to higher class, but I'm well aware other folks rate less than a half day spent at softer chairs make the whole difference!

Even if by upgrading one actually gets more miles credited as per biz vs. econ crediting, but I somehow doubt that as when getting free upgrades that doesn't include extra miles?

ib13 said:

Even if by upgrading one actually gets more miles credited as per biz vs. econ crediting, but I somehow doubt that as when getting free upgrades that doesn't include extra miles?

It does not, you get the miles for the paid & issued ticket.

BB

I was referring to earning coach class miles with an upgrade verse ZERO miles on a award ticket. Those miles you are losing may be the difference in reaching the elite level at TG. That can get you bonus miles, be able to use biz checkin, a seat on soldout flights, etc.

I'm well aware of gold status as been for years & really appeciate the benefits of that, but I'm sorry I still don't get your reasoning regarding the miles?

Please enlighten me to the difference of earning the miles of a paid ticket in coach(seating in coach) vs. earning the miles of same ticket in coach(but now seat in biz as spent miles to upgrade)?

In the later case you'd need to purchase another ticket for next trip while otherwise you'd still have the miles towards a free trip ;)

Oh maybe the logic is then that by maximising miles towards as many free flights as possible you wouldn't earn enough status & thus perhaps slide down to silver, but in that case I'd say the airline is still the one in the win as that means you'd spent more money on flights than you'd have to...

Ah fuck lets just agree to disagree ok?

Archived