Restaurant with roller skating waiters/waitresses

My last visit to Bangkok was over 10 years ago. I went to a restaurant in Bangkok with waiters/waitresses were serving on roller skates.

I'm planning to visit Bangkok again in a few months time and don't remember this restaurant name and/or location. Just wondering if any of you could tell me its name and location so I can revisit it. Thanks.

you probably went to Tam Nak Thai on Rachada Road. very popular back then, in a large garden with small lakes and wooden bridges and small houses, classical Thai dance and some of the waiters/waitresses on roller skates.

this restaurant is long gone.

another very large one with waiters/waitresses on roller skates is Golden Dragon, however it is outside the city center in Bangna (quite a distance) and a bit a tourist trap. not as nice as Tam Nak Thai was...

Thanks for that. That exactly how I can remember it. It's ashame it's no longer existed.

Can you recommend another (big) outdoor restaurant with Thai dance and live shows nearby city centre (doesn't have to be roller staking)?

Kung Pao or Ratchada Seafood Center, on Ratchada, near Hollywood disco? and Pump up (formerly Brew Pavillion) has live shows, inside and out. Fun is when the performers from the caberet show come out to wave goodbye to the bus loads of Chinese and Japanese tourists as they leave. The katoeys then parade through the restaurant, so sort of a free live show...but the bands inside are usually good!

can you elaborate more about Pump up? i knew Brew Pavillion which was torn down. is it similar?

for icer: i think none of OH's suggestions has classical thai dance. it's a bit difficult to find outdoors classical dance in bankok. maybe Sala Thai close to river city shopping complex (or close to royal orchid sheraton); but it is not cheap there!

for a nice beergarden, cheap and with some good music and show i would recommend lumpini night market. there are 3 beergardens at the moment: beer chang, the largest with many foodstalls, asahi and another which i can not recall at the moment

samak,

I'll be going with my wife any two kids :( so I'll look for a place suitable for families, would be nice if outdoor with classical/traditional Thai dance/performance.

i go to a place opposite ThaiCom on Ratanathibet Road,

Huge with a few big lakes, with loaves of bread to keep the little ones entertained.

Food for 6 including crab and prawns, less than 2000 baht! (No booze)

Hang on - wife has b card of the place, Juaon-Thong Garden Restaurant, 02 950 2540

To get to it you take the tollway north to Changwattana, after the 2nd toll gate (10 baht, the first is on Suk for 4 Bhat) you turn first left exit.

About 2 k's up that road.

Looking at the card I see their are a chain, but this is a great place.

DOG

Nervous_Dog,

Thanks for all the info. I'm not familar with Bangkok so I have no idea how far from one place to another. Basically, I'll be staying around Rachadapisek Road (Emerald Hotel?). So how far from this location to the restaurant you'd talked about?

OK - not that far actually, about 35 minutes in a cab, go later to avoid peak hour, Racha is a nice area these days I saw some good oudoor wating places.

Take a mobile with you and call the restaurant and have thenm talk to the cabbie.

Went there tonight actually,

a large curry crab in shell (broken into bits) two huge oysters, (Thais love them big) a prawn and noodle dish, 1 heiniken, rice and waer and ice etc,

1000 baht exact. A bit ore expensive than normal but it fed three of us with some leftovers

DOG

Archived