4000B for a bottle of Whiskey!!

Ranger

gummigut said:

Armagnac, the better cognac, hehe.

Just a note on duties.

I was in another country and they didn't have any tequilla so I picked up a bottle of JW Gold. 1,400 baht. In Tesco today and the same bottle was 2,600 baht or something.

Now if I get JW Green on my next trip, I'll have a set (well, I'd have to buy the red): Red, Black, Green, Gold and Swing. It's gonna take me 10 years to drink all this crap.

<<burp>>

gummi,

Mixing up cognac, armagnac, tequila and wiskey in 2 sentences without having a clue........ :p

Sorry but armagnac has nothing to do with cognac, armagnac is destilled from grapes to 95 % eau-de-vie.

The region of Armagnac is located close to Bordeaux, south-west of France.

As for JW, there is the brown label (is that the swing you mentionned ?) but top of the range is the blue label.

Last time I looked at DM it was 6400 Bt for a blue lable, well worth it IMO.

BB

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gah, wireless network ate my response!!!

Bah, another damn color to get. Blue? I've seen it before in Thailand I believe but they didn't have it where I was a few days ago.

Didn't know the manufacturing differences between armagnac and cognac. Hell, I thought the regions were next to each other. That's prime US education at work there!

<<burp>>

Bah, another damn color to get. Blue?

I don't like whiskey AT ALL, but at a friend's B-Day party on Soi Cowboy, he brought a bottle of JW Blue and it was SMOOTH. Still enjoying my Cognac, BTW. Tried some other advice I read off the internet and had a few pieces of fine Swiss chocolate with the Cognac. I may become a snob!!!

Ranger

Nervous_Dog said:Taiwanese LOVE expensive drinks
Aye. Back in the early 90s when I spent a lot of time in Taipei's "Combat Zone" (sadly now a shell of it's former self), the lady drink of choice for the Taiwanese gals was Royal Salute & Pepsi. RS runs about US$250/750ml, but it comes in a nice ceramic falgon!

Sacrilegious to ruin a very nice whisky with Pepsi, but there ya go! I still cringe when I think about it!

Cheers,

SD

Royal salute? You boys must have socks for taste buds. Everyone knows that the primo whisky is made in America and it goes by the name of WILD TURKEY!

and if you are a real connesuier then you will know that Old Grandad takes the top prize!

That stuff will put hair on your chest

Guest lazyphil

Isle of Jura (Whiskey) is a good un, not sure how much or where to buy, a Scots friend brings me it back from over the boarder now and then. Talking of Whiskey, I'm thinking of a trip to the Highlands/Islands next summer....may take in this special distillery tour I hear of :drunk:

Never heard of Old Grandad?

Try; www.royalmilewhiskys.com. You should be able to find any whisky there. I'll be in St. Andrew's for the Open this summer but staying in Edinburgh, so I'll also be checking out the Royal Mile Whisky store (near Edinburgh Castle) but I don't think I'll be buying any, with what the dollar can buy, in relation to Sterling or Euro. There are good happy hour pubs in Edinburgh and I know most of them, having staying in Edinburgh for three months about three years ago. Nice town but I don't think I would want to spend another winter there.

Archived