Thai Tital wave in Phuket

Hi Suadum,

CNN in US has only a 'ticker tape' comment on their broadcast. Info. seems to be really slow, getting out of there. Might be due to downed utilities. :dunno:

A friend emailed me, saying there is extreme damage to buildings, particularly hotels there, which is to be expected.

HT

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speak to a friend in Patong a hour ago, many people injured, many dead, more dead to come because lot are report missing.

Report of tourist boat capsize so the body count will rise.

Police order evacuation of low land in Patong and are saying that more tidal waves are coming, already 2 tidal waves hit Patong.

Fox news is talking about it!

They showed some large scale damage and the flooding is everywhere...

16 to 32 foot waves hit phuket...Damn! This is gonna be devestating to Phuket!

From a guy in Ao Nang:

Ao-Nang, Krabi - loads of people missing as tours were leaving for the day - speaking to one lontail boat driver he said many other drivers were just leaving on tours as the wave hit. army are arriving in their masses and everyone has been told to evacuate the beach front as they say other waves are on the way. it is total panic here....lets hope for the best.

Hi Zorro,

>>>>Surely there should have been some sort of warning????<<<

You would think. I know for volcanoes they have meters that actually measure the swelling of the mountain, which indicates a possible problem. But for tidal waves??? I would think that you need seismic activity equipment in the immediate area of the activity. I can only guess that mother nature this time, did not give anyone a clue. But you would think, that something like this could be predicted to some sort of reason. It is hard to believe that there was no warning to this. But what do I know????

It would appear that mother nature just decided to throw all our technology in our face, and throw another fast ball at us.

HT

Archived