Jobs do not pay enough, so must work as prostitute

jasmine

Source:Sakul Thai ? Dec. 21. 2004 ? Lawyer?s Article.

Jobs do not pay enough, so must work as prostitutes.

There was a raid on the previous week for prostitution in Saun Lumpini, BKK and 51 prostitutes were arrested, mostly females. Of these people arrested, 2 of the females were office workers, one of them a civil servant. The reason why they had to do prostitution because their regular jobs do not provide enough income to these 2 persons, one is making 8,000 Baht and she has a child of 6 and the rent was 2,000 Baht. The other one who is a civil servant makes 10,000 Baht with a husband and 2 children, no information on the husband.

The lawyer who wrote the article was trying to say certain things to the government. He tried to tell the government that the grass root people cannot survive on these salaries. There have been requests to raise the base pay to 200Baht/day and it has been denied for the past 3 years. The Taksin government kept on saying that the things are LESS expensive than goods in Singapore but he failed to see that the income in Singapore is much higher.

The lawyer went on to say that there will be fewer women entering prostitutions if there are comparable choices and I agree. Also, he feels that less educated people is being ignored and I agree again. However, he feels that these women should do what they can for their families; he NEVER mentioned anything about the men?s responsibilities

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And there are some who think they are too high, unions getting too much power, compared to other labor intensive manufacturing/farming countries.

I am not an expert, stand to be corrected but I'd say Thailand better start investing big time in education, and compete in a different field than the sweatshop and labor intensive chain productions. China can beat them flat out there, and they've got the manpower.

I think the other reason, and a big one is the RISK factor.

Prostitution is no where as ccommon or as easy to get in places like Vietnam/Laos/Myanmar etc, YES IT EXISTS< it's even in Iran and Saudi Araba, but it's not as ccommon.

In Thaiiland it is EASY to become a whore, in other places is harder.

Hence, some people who in another place will stay in a shit paying job but ALMOST think about becoming a pro, here in Thailand THEY DO IT

Thats a big difference

DOG

Guest lazyphil

Why is it so easy/acceptable to go pro in LOS but so unacceptable to Thai society even though every nook and cranny/village/truckstop etc) has a whorehouse?.....Ostrich syndrome?

I'm a teacher and my job doesn' t pay enough to keep up with all the bar girls I shag (excluding the girlfriend) so maybe with my dreamy good looks and swarthy manner I could shag white girls and charge them.

What do you think it's good idea?

Eddie

Archived