"Is Jakarta worth a visit" has disappeared !!!!!

Prosal

The largest, best and most popular thread on Nanaplaza ..... full of valuable indications about Jakarta, constantly kept alive with reports and various topics about Indonesia, and often mentionned as a reference on other boards .....

Intentional or wrong manipulation ?

:onfire:

torneyboy said:

Hi

It is in the "archives"

::

Very nice from KS to deliberately ignore a few hundreds posters interested by Jakarta (and Indonesia) with this kind of arbitrary conclusion.

Just at a moment when nightlife in Thailand is condemned and when valuable informations about new sanuk destinations, like those appearing in this highly popular Jakarta thread (which had the advantage to be an "all-in-one" massive thread) are precious for many people here.

Thanks for the good work.

I don't want to go into a discussion about turning the site into a paysite (well, party, mostly for new features only).

But how in hell did our beloved Jakarta (Indonesia) thread vanish into the archives. I'm sure there will be more posts to it in the future and it should be on the first page with a sticky so it stays there.

KS - bring it back please!

Hi,

Before you guys get all pissed off about this, this was an honest mistake on my part. I just recently moved all threads older than 1 year to the archives and the script I use for that shows 100 threads at the same time, sorted by date of the original post.

So, I accidently moved it.

And as for :

"Prosal, Carlton and many others made a ton of usefull post in this thread - and now somebody else is making money on their work?"

Sorry, guys, but what many seem to fail to realize is that while we are offering this board for free, it is *not* free to run it. So before you start bitching about me making money of the work of others think about what we are paying to give you the opportunity to exchange this info.

Sanuk!

KS

Thanks for bringing it back.

I think that the Regional Sanuk section could take more importance in the future, many people looking for alternative destinations until nightlife situation in Bangkok is back to "normal" (or to "acceptable").

IMO you shouldn't archive any threads from this section, as there's load of useful resource about various countries, and even if many of them are older than one year. I personnaly consult quite often old (and good) reports about Vietnam, Laos, Philippines or wherever, and I regularly receive PMs about the "Sao Paulo" thread (which hasn't been very active since six monthes) or about the "Jakarta" one, from people planing to go to Brasil or Indonesia in a close future.

BTW, one massive thread per country could be highly practical.

Cheers

Hi KS,

As someone who has enjoyed the board, totally free of charge, for 2 years I have no objection whatsoever to you making money from a thread which, virtually by itself, convinced me to visit Jakarta. My only hope is that more members will 'do themselves a favour' !

:chili::yay:

My only caution is: dont expect it to be another BKK circa 1980/1990/2000/2005 ........... ::

I came back looking for it. I have a bit to post on there since I was there a few months ago. As soon as I get done dealing with the bloody Korean Government (who I am now an employee of) I will offer my meaningless insights. Artie, Carlton and all the boys, hope you are well.

Cheers

PS

Archived