bkk chronicles 06 ( the pattaya excursion )

'jep' is common ploy to rip you off. they simply collect 500b from you, and move on to the next customer repeating the same shit.

i never seen this shit until recent years. it was never like this before, 'back in the day.'

this is why more sankers are going elsewhere. pattaya has lost its charm for most punters.

great post, thanks for sharing your insites.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmn sanuk muk-muk,

Problem with the idea of them collecting 500baht and moving onto the next customer was that it was already 2AM.

Wouldn't it be more effort on their part to be "scamming" multiple guys like that in one nite? I mean for the pay of 1 LT, they would have to scam 3 guys....

But yeah, I'm definitely thinking this is some kind of scam or "escape line" to make a quick buck and go home to sleep. Two jep incidents in 2 nites is too much of a coincidence IMO.

yeah, but the idea is to collect 500B and do nothing. probably off to her thai boyfriend, or another arriving farang.

why stay LT when they can run as many punters as possible?

sorry this had to happen to you. most people i know pay them nothing, or maybe 20B, and or see the mamasan. shocked.gif" border="0

I never bothered to go back to a mamason with a problem. It was suggested to me once by the "desk clerk" at one of the short time hotels in NEP (the nice one on the top floor, what's it's name?), when my "date" went nuts and blacked out. What exactly does that do for you? return of the bar fine? And how much hassle is it?

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: Old hippie ]

""date" went nuts and

blacked out. What exactly does that do for you? "

I think if you complain, you will get the answer that you let her dirnk too much, and its your fault she blacked out.

Just about anything that happens will be looked upon as your fault. (since thais as a rule never accept responsibility for their actions) what ever happnes can be blamed on some one ( you most likely) or something that made them do it. ( remember flip wilsons line

"the devil made me do it'?)

One time I had a friend ( thai tourist police guy) say that a minor traffic accident he was in was beause they took too long to fill his take ( on the car, not him smile.gif" border="0 at the gas station, caused him to be running late, he had to hurry, and so on .

thinking back ( as far as I can anway) I've never heard a thai person accept responsibility for what they have done.

( unless it was a good thing of course)

pretty much what I figured, which is why I never bothered to pursue it the next day. Besides, I have no idea what happened to the girl after I left the ST hotel. The "clerk" apologized profusly and told me they would handle the situation. They did ask if I paid her, and wanted my money back. Basically, I just wanted to get away from the situation asap. I have a feeling it was most likely drugs, as she was fine for awhile, and seemed to get progressively worse (while they kicked in?) I suppose if a bar gets enough complaints, they may kick a girl loose, especially if it is for stealing, don't know what they'd say about "jep" or otherwise "poor job performance?"

Ahhhhh the fabled No72,yes she is a sex goddess and she frigging know's it.I called her over for a lady drink,and she told me s/t was 1500 bht....good value i thought,but i could sense the attitude,and decided if i needed attitude i could get that back in farang land so i gave her a miss.Although to sit there and play with those magnificent tit's was an absolute joy.......anyone been with 72 a d have some feedback?

• 4 weeks later...

Final installment of "the rookie's" bangkok chronicles coming soon! I'm building up the anticipation like Episode II: the clone wars! laugh.gif" border="0

Seriously tho, it's more a matter of having the heart to write my last installment. It was the time that I felt the most at ease and fulfilled. It's actually the part where I became forever changed. Up till that point, I had fun and experienced great people, places, etc..., but it didn't change my mantra of going back home with a clean slate. The next installment basically changed my whole worldview. Maybe over the holidays I can write it up, it's usually the most introspective time of the year anyhoo.

Archived