Football (soccer) Corner

Steve

my question was:-

'but a question for you,which Team do you consider MU's biggest Derby opponents?.

i bet your answer is different to mine............'

another clue for you.

why do Man City fans sing"there's only one Team in Manchester"...?

the fact that Fergie advocates the use of Video replays is nothing to do with the Spurs game.

yes it was an obvious Goal and he would have looked foolish if he had said it wasn't(unlike Winger who would have said he didn't see the incident).

Fergie has been saying the replays are needed for over 2 Seasons now.

why are the FA allowed to review Players actions during the game which the Ref missed and ban them but not allow 30 Seconds for someone to decide wether the ball is over the line of if an offence has been committed in the Penalty Area?.

Man Utd got lucky against Spurs and even your mighty Frank McLintock said that the Officials were so far behind play they could not tell what had happened.

but as i said earlier both Chelsea and your beloved Arsenal have had decisions go in their favour so far this Season.

the big Clubs will always get the rub of the green.

as to your 'Penalties at OT' comments.......

i did provide facts on this matter in the Gooner Thread but cannot be bothered to go through 183 pages to find what i posted.

a very popular misnomer that Pens are not awarded at OT.

a brief fact is that no penalties SCORED FOR 11 Years.

another fact is that many Penalties have been awarded against MU at OT,but none were scored for 11 Years.

is it MU's fault of even the Ref's that the Penalty takers have hit the woodwork,the keeper has saved or been blazed yards wide?.

Fergie must be very clever to stand on the touchline for 11 Years and use his mind to stop the ball from going in.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'We've got a tough month ahead of us, what with playing United twice and playing Spurs at WHL'

are you talking about the CC Cup?

if so what a joke.

we both know what Teams each other will play and i can see no winner but Chelsea.

far superior reserves.....

sayjann said:

'We've got a tough month ahead of us, what with playing United twice and playing Spurs at WHL'

are you talking about the CC Cup?

if so what a joke.

we both know what Teams each other will play and i can see no winner but Chelsea.

far superior reserves.....

You wait Sayjann, if Sir Al is serious about not being able to win the premiership, then dont be surprised if he puts out a strong squad....after all he'll want to salvage something from the season, so even the CC cup may be something....

Sayjann, I'd consider Citeh, Liverpool and Leeds as your biggest derbies. Not in that order but those 3. Bolton and Blackburn...well, not in the same way as the first 3. Not even close frankly. I think the Blackburn thing has more to with the '95 title than anything else. I may wrong on that. I don't think MUFC fans consider Bolton much of a derby. There are two sets of Man Utd fans, the local ones and the out of town ones. The local ones would see Bolton in a different light than out of town supporters I think. Again, just speculation on my part.

Suffice to say, even if you count all of them, Arsenal's London derbies are more than any other area. West Ham, Chelsea, Tottenham are always huge, Charlton and Fulham to a lesser extent but when Palace are in the league or even a cup game throw them in. That's another point, when the London clubs or even clubs in the home counties are in a cup game v. Arsenal its a derby atmosphere as well. Watford, Wimbledon (now MK), etc. take on a different light.

So, I answered your question. Not sure what it proves from my original assertion of Wenger not getting credit but so be it.

Chelseafan, I don't think Arsenal would have sold the club outright to Roman. He could have invested and got a seat on the board but I don't think we'd have sold out to him. Neither would Man Yoo. Liverpool possibly. That's about it. Everyone else would have taken the money.

The worry for me if I were a Chelsea fan is when Roman decides he wants to buy another 'toy'. Also, if you win, you may all be remembered as a club who bought the title like Jack Walker did but I don't think Blues supporters could care less.

Sayjann, I think Fergie will go after the Carling Cup as he did in '03. He thought he would lose the title and wanted trophies and fielded a strong side that got to the final and lost to Liverpool. The title is gone for Man Yoo. He knows that. He's sitting 3rd, 11 points and has to get past 2 clubs. In the past its only 1 club to catch. His concern now is to get a trophy. CL preferred but knows he can't get past Milan. FA cup again is what is possible. And then the Carling Cup. I guarantee you he won't field kids v. Chelsea. I heard Giggs isn't available for the games as well. Not sure why but someone told me that.

Belem said:

I can't wait until the Chelsea-Barcelona Champions League matchup in February. When Deco was asked about Barcelona's injury situation, he said Ronaldinho is the equivalent of half of Chelsea's team...LOL

Would that be the same Barcelona who we beat 3-1 at the bridge and they beat us only in extra time at the Nou camp courtsey of two dodgy penalty decisions......? and wuold that be the same barcelona who we beat, despite being 10 times worse than we are now.....

Anyhow, still think Barca are gonna do us big time....but it will be a great game....

I'm already wearing my "Well, we're concentrating on the league" t-shirt :: ::

Barcelona is going to need Larrson(who they got from Celtic before the season and is currently injured). Interestingly, after last season, Barca turned down a 55 million quid offer from Chelsea(I mean Abromovich)for Ronaldinho. I can just picture Ronaldinho bursting down the middle of the field with his incomparable stepover dribble leaving defenders behind with the option of scoring himself or passing the ball off to each of two strikers who are flanking him. I think whoever wins this matchup will win the CL. :beer:

Belem said:

Barcelona is going to need Larrson(who they got from Celtic before the season and is currently injured). Interstingly, after last season, Barca turned down a 55 million quid offer from Chelsea(I mean Abromovich)for Ronaldinho. I can just picture Ronaldinho bursting down the middle of the field with his incomparable stepover dribble leaving defenders behind with the option of scoring himself or passing the ball off to each of two strikers who are flanking him. I think whoever wins this matchup will win the CL. :beer:

Ronaldo's good, dont get me wrong, but I personally think Henry's better....and anyhow, he was going to sign for us, but when he asked for a cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit to be delivered to him at 11am every day, well that was the last straw, so we decided to go for Drogba instead... :hubba:

I would have to give Ronaldinho the nod because he makes his teammates better. Look at the impact he made last year bringing Barca to 2nd place in La Liga and a CL berth. He was the difference. In addition to scoring goals, he is also a playmaker who raises the level of play in his teammates, kind of like Jason Kidd, an NBA point guard for the New Jersey Nets basketball team. Ronaldinho is a more complete player than Henry, and unlike Henry, he not only delivers for his club but also his national team.

Chelseafan

you are right in the respect about Arsenal/Spurs being the biggest because of the history and traditions between the Clubs,and this will always be the case.

Chelsea may be a big Team these Days but it has not always been the case.

they seemed to be so close many times but never quite got there for many Years.

looking at the Table these shows Chelsea top of the pile,do you honestly think they would be there if not for Mr.Roman?

since he has arrived he has spent more Money than MU and Arsenal put together in his quest to get success.

Arsenal losing against Chelsea is tragic for them,but a loss against Spurs will devastate the Arsenal supporters.

Archived