Football (soccer) Corner

Steve

Am I allowed to reply ?! Ok I'll take a chance :D

Not forgetting that Arsenal were 1-0 down too :neener:

Seriously though, your right, the FA Cup is probably the most famous football competition in the world (the World Cup probably the exception). I love it when you get a small team like, Ooooh, I dont know.....Exeter for example give Man U a run for their money, scunthorpe had us wondering and Stoke gave your boys a fright.

Its great, obviously had we lost, I'd probably be singing from a different hymn sheet.

The romance of the FA Cup is one of the best things in football. We've got a tricky tie with Brum, but as long as Mourinho does his homework, I dont see it being a problem (famous last words).

Havent heard the rumour about River Plate, hope its true, be nice to have another feeder club :hubba:

We all go on about Romans money, but long-term, I really think that most of the teams in the premiership will be owned either by Russian Billionaires or Saudi Trillionaires.....

Man Yoo will eventually be under the control of the American chappie (forgot his name), Liverpool nearly had a deal done with ol' Thaksin and over the years, Newcastle, Villa and Blackburn have all had rich sugar-daddies.

There's nothing new with Rich owners pulling the strings at top football clubs, the only difference is that Roman is more loaded than most.

Sayjanns very quiet :grinyes: :grinyes:

(bugger now I've said that we'll lost to United)

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not being quiet mate,just having a long day at work dealing with arseholes..... :banghead:

granted Chelsea are becoming more popular around the World because of the last 18 Months.

but it will take a bit more time for them to hit the heights of MU.

and don't forget MU did not get to where they are because of their football,it was the clever marketing of Beckham.

yes MU were probably very popular but as soon as Beckham became THE face,the money flowed into the bank.

and i bet Real did not buy him just for his football skills... :doah:

it was certainly a few Years ago when MU had a good 2nd Team.

nothing lately and i find that disappointing.

i suppose you have to go back to when the fledgelings were all teenagers before breaking into the 1st Team.

i still belive you are using the physcology angle because we all do it.

i do it when talking about MU and even the mighty CS...... :worship:........has used it on occasion(well most weeks actually.......:neener:)

the MU game against Exeter proves my point.

Fergie decided to play some Players with experience but also gave 2 17 y.o. Players their full debut.

Fergie done his usual trick of thinking that as MU were playing a far superior Team that he could get away with such a selection,and it normally goes tits up....... :cussing:

he has admitted that he will play a stronger side in the replay because the indignity of losing to Exeter will always be remembered.

i may be wrong about the Team and the timeframe but am i right in thinking the great Arsenal side of the 50's once lost to Yeovil in the FAC?.

well whoever it was it is always mentioned in stories about giant-killing.

haven't seen any goals from the Weekend as i seemed to be working 25 Hours a Day...... :rolleyes:

but must save up some cash for my trip to Florida in Feb..... :yay: :yay:

anyway kept in touch with the scores and when i heard Chelsea were down after 2 Minutes i knew there was no problem.

they still had plenty of time to win which they did in the end.

some people were excited when Arsenal were losing but agian i knew thay would prevail in the end.

but i understand there was a controversial incident when Stoke had a Goal disallowed?.

it seems for the first time in history Winger saw something which happened on the pitch........ :yikes:

and funnily enough it was to his advantage,unlike when he never sees anything which gets all his Players in trouble.

after all he has never seen any of the fouls which have resulted in all those red cards...... :doah:

but to his credit(i must be losing the plot,praising him)he did admit there was nothing wrong with the Stoke Goal.

don't agree that Villa were the biggest losers of the Weekend.

Villa have been a bit dire lately and Sheff Utd have a good reputation in Div 1.

don't how much you know about the lower Leagues Steve but Sheff Utd are a tough Team to beat and reached the Semi's of the FAC and CCC a couple of Years ago.

Neil Warnock is a good Manager and someone who should have had the opportunity to manage a big Team.

if MU get through against Exeter than all the big 3 have difficult Games.

Boro will not be easy for MU considering our injuries and their record against us in the last few Years.

Birmingham are hit and miss at the moment but can easily turn over Chelsea.

don't underestimate Wolves,they have a new Manager in Hoddle and they will be tough to beat.

all 3 Teams will need to play good Teams,not the silly reserves.

but the Tie which has caputured the imagination is Saints v Pompey.

now that will be fun after all the trouble that has occured since Redknapp swapped Clubs..... :yikes:

his situation was similar to Graham managing both Arsenal and Spurs...... :shakehead

it must be on telly and i'm sure i will see footage of hooligans running around on the rampage..... :down:

last time they played several 12-13 y.o. kids were arrested for turning over cars or setting light to them...... :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Sayjann, do you like disagreeing for the fun of it? hehehe...The Blades are a good side Sayjann, we played them in the semi finals a couple years ago in the FA cup. Villa is a PL side and from what I recall from seeing the results the best team that lost in the 3rd round. Sheffield Utd over Villa isn't as big as if Stoke had beaten Arsenal but it is a loss and anytime a PL side loses to a lower division side its a shock with the possible exceptions of the relegation candidates. Villa is the biggest scalp so far. Who else is bigger?

Chelsea's money dwarfs other rich benefactors before Roman. Walker couldn't make it last more than a year at Blackburn. It took Wolves a wile to move up and they moved right back down. Even clubs with rich benefactors like the Littlewoods and Stores families could only make a one or two big buys a year and if that didn't work out they couldn't go back buy another big buy right away. They all worked under a budget. Chelsea doesn't have a budget. They spend whatever it takes. Big difference. They can make a bad buy and immediately rectify it in the next transfer window. Man Yoo had to wait till it sold Veron before it could finance other buys and Rooney's purchase has soaked up the transfer funds. Chelsea's financial clout is unprecedented. Even Real Madrid couldn't afford to do what they did under the best of circumstances like when they got the government to bail them out by buying their stadium and leasing it back to them for peanuts.

tough couple of Weeks which could determine our Season.

the Chelsea game is the least important,but...........

it MIGHT be our only chance of silverware this Season.

away to Chelsea and i do not think Fergie will want to lose the game by a big margin and be out of it by the time the 2nd leg comes.

i think their might be a stronger Team then normal with Rooney returning to partner Smith.

one of Fergies records might go tonight.

he has never lost a Domestic Semi-Final while at MU.

but if we lose tonight but get to the Final by beating Chelsea in the 2nd leg i wonder if it will be classed as a win?.

Liverpool game is tough.

both Teams are up and down at the moment and i cannot call it.

but if MU do not get 3 points then i think the PL will be gone.

Exeter is very tough.

a must win game and Exeter have nothing to lose and will give thier all.

there could be a shock on the cards and i will be a laughing stock on this board...... :scared:

play like Arsenal?....... :doah:

at least Exeter got a draw at OT,more than what Arsenal did....... :chili: :chili: :chili: :chili: :neener: :neener:

Archived