Google Search= 403 Forbidden - Mozilla Firefox

redwood13

Did a search using Google Thurday morning and got the following message:

Google Error

We're sorry...

... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google."

So I did as they suggested and found no problems. But following that Google worked ok until about 03:00 today Friday when I repeatedly got the same messages again each time I tried to do a search.

Using Win XP, Mozilla Firefox, ISP is ji-net ADSL.

Avast antivirus, Sybase firewall, Ad-Aware SE Personal, SpyBlaster and Spybot.

I was able to do a search on newsgroups using deja.com and saw references to Google blocking certain ISP's that were the source of heavy spamming of Google.

Solutions?? ::

-redwood

redwood13 said:Using Win XP, Mozilla Firefox, ISP is ji-net ADSL. Avast antivirus, Sybase firewall, Ad-Aware SE Personal, SpyBlaster and Spybot.
Using Win2KSP4, Mozilla Firefox v1.0, ISP is True ADSL. AVG v7.1 antivirus, ZA Pro v5.5 firewall and Spybot v1.3.

No problem with Google here, but I rarely use it. Try the Dogpile meta-search engine instead.

Cheers,

SD

There is 'stuff' out there that nobody is able to detect. For example, nobody has software available yet to detect if the US Government is spying on them using your own computer. This program is considered the elite of spyware programs.

Also, Symantec has recently warned users of a newly discovered Trojan horse named Phel - an anagram of the word help - that attacks Windows XP. The Trojan horse is capable of remotely controlling a user's system even if the latest Windows XP service pack, SP2, has been installed.

The Trojan horse is distributed as an HTML file and attempts to exploit the vulnerability in Internet Explorer's HTML Help Control component in all versions of Windows. The vulnerability was discovered in October.

Microsoft believes this latest attack is caused by organized criminals.

Something you might want to check out is Microsoft's free Beta version of their spyware. You can get it at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...

redwood13 said:

Did a search using Google Thurday morning and got the following message:

Google Error

We're sorry...

... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.

Solutions?? ::

-redwood

Try unpluging / pluging in the adsl modem. Or click " repair "

function on the network element icon. In each case your trying to change the IP address that Google has on their shit - list.

If you are successful than some other poor slob will end up with what was your IP address. The problem will now become theirs.

Another solution would be the try a anonymous surfing program like "Complete Anonymous Web Surfing."

Shit

Redwood, it sounds like Google is trying to ignore your IP or MAC address because of what it perceives as a denial of service attach from your computer or network. If you are sharing a single IP address with other users (for example, there is a single modem connecting to your computer and others through a router or a router modem), then the source of the problem may be another computer on your network which has a denial of service virus on it.

Sorry I can't offer any Windows (assuming Windows) specific solutions, but you might want to try a different virus checker and make sure your virus checker is up to date.

Archived