2005 Best Mobile Deals

Guy Himmaparn

It automatically shows on my nokia 1100 using DTAC. But in the philippines (using some other sim) it did not.

I also think its hilarious that someone would find this useful.

And moreoever, it doesn't tell you exactly where you are. In a large part of the sukumwit area, it always says soi6, and in another very large area it says soi2, etc. Yes, it also shows "soi cowboy", "bumrungrad", etc. Oh, i get so excited with I see that!!! Wow, what a coincidence!!! I'm at soi cowboy and LOOK!! it shows it on the phone!! Sometimes, i have to admit, it is a bit entertaining, when i'm exploring new areas of bangkok and i see a name on the screen i've never seen before...but thats about it.

By the way, most cell phones aer about 25% cheaper in the Phil (largely due to the great exchange rates there, and poor ones here, for US dollars).

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, the cell location is more often amusing than helpful:

Taking skytrain from siam square to sala daeng, it shows:

SIAM

a few minutes later

SIAM CENTER (although i'm now FARTHER from the siam shopping center).

a few minutes later

YAK RACHAD....

a few minutes later

SIAM

a few minutes later

LUMPINI

New unlocked Moto V60i's can be gotten on eBay for under $100 US...

Well, I went with that option and the phone I received, although new, was of such poor quality that I sent it back. Compared to the V60gi DTMA I've been using for the last 2 years this thing was a POS; not sure if it was manufactured in China, or at the end of the model run when the molds are out of tolerance, but fit & function both were abysmal. ::

Looks as if I'll be shopping MBK this Saturday.

Thanks for everyone's advice. :D

AIS has great customer support.

callcenter@ais.co.th will get you to the direct info. I contacted them about roaming in Cambodia and the reset my number, put me on a better plan and send me a help number in Cambodia that was free for AIS users...Now if they would only have that local thing where it tells you where you are. Like..Patpong, Annies, Washington Sq. That wou;d be very helpful for ma...

Somboon said:Now if they would only have that local thing where it tells you where you are. Like..Patpong, Annies, Washington Sq. That wou;d be very helpful for ma...
LOL, but if you are so pissed that you forget where you are, can you still read the tiny letters on yer phone screen? I know I can't! :D:clown:

Cheers,

SD

june11 said:

Actually, the cell location is more often amusing than helpful:

Taking skytrain from siam square to sala daeng, it shows:

SIAM

a few minutes later

SIAM CENTER (although i'm now FARTHER from the siam shopping center).

a few minutes later

YAK RACHAD....

a few minutes later

SIAM

a few minutes later

LUMPINI

And moving about my room at The Manhattan Hotel I can get

RATCHAPAK BUILDING

or SUKHUMVIT6

or SOI COWBOY... ::

And down at Gullivers it registers SUKHUMVIT12!

Go figure.... ::

Archived