Disturbing Phnom Pehn "Slave" Brothel Report-

jitagawn

More people take note of stories like this then you can imagine.

If you take the description of the brothel and replace the city's name with Bangkok and the country's name with Thailand - the brothel does sound very similar to several brothels in Bangkok.

The problem with Brothels is you can not tell a good brothel from a bad one, and for many Westerners who have never been here, they may easily conclude all brothels are bad.

Even the brothels that are 'good', occassionally raise eye brows for some of the work tactics they enforce upon the girls. Even the best of brothels have a seedy element to them.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just pondering the thought that of the girls that wanted to return back to the brothel,I wonder how many of their families would have faced reprisals from "creditors"had they not gone?

There are so many potential twists and turns and therefores and whatnots that this is a very complicated subject.Add a bit of corruption by one or both sides and you'll never get to the bottom of it.

Lusty said:

I was just pondering the thought that of the girls that wanted to return back to the brothel,I wonder how many of their families would have faced reprisals from "creditors"had they not gone?

There are so many potential twists and turns and therefores and whatnots that this is a very complicated subject.Add a bit of corruption by one or both sides and you'll never get to the bottom of it.

Not only that but we aren't even supposed to be discussing it. Fortunately the ins and outs of this fascinating story are being analysed elsewhere. :)

Hi,

"I fear that *now* a mod can close a thread if he loses an argument as a member....."

No, they cannot, as I can still tell who did something.

"Plus mods have deleted posts the last 2 weeks without valid any reason at all, other than their personal attitude towards certain posters."

I seriously doubt that.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"does that mean though that indentured and underaged prostitution in cambodia are not endemic?"

And does that mean that therefore anybody who posts about his experiences should automatically be accused of partaking in this?

Nobody denies it isn't going on in Cambo, but to blame everybody just because they go to Cambo is just plain wrong. Don't forget you yourself used to partake of the scene here in BKK and therefore are most likely seen in a very similar light by lots of people in the West.

As I said before it is all shades of grey, just as there are always 3 sides to every story: your version, my version and the truth. Something the article posted by Suadum clearly points out.

Sanuk!

Hmm. Seems a couple of separate issues here, all getting lumped together.

Firstly this little gem from the article:

>Teenage girls, looking about 15 and older

Note the *looking* here, which is rather central, and raises several points. First would be that, *if* correct we have now clearly identified, on the board, a place of underage prostitution. A deffo no-no on this board as I understand it.

However, is *looking* 15 or older (or rather a reporters *assertation* that they looked 15 - and we all now how scrupulously honest reporter are!!) enough to define this as an "underage" thread, and hence (by board rules) immediate closing and deletion.

However, to me, it seems that throw in a suggestion of underage, and it serves to say that "no one can argue with this", because *if* you disagree with the assertation you MUST be condoning underage or paedophilia. Bit like an ace of trumps really.

The second issue again, and one that was not proved is the issue of indentured/non-indentured. Again, this is I suppose the king of trumps (not quite as good as the ace, but not far off). We *can't* debate this, because, as we all know, indentured is plain evil, and so, if we start to question, we MUST be pro indentured.

So, what was the "proof" presented for indentured prostitution at the place raided. As I understand it, the fact that "some proportion of the girls did not want to return". But what does that mean? Ever? Today? At this particular second? They wanted to go free lance? Again, lots of questions and no answers, BUT, of course, we are back to the point. If we ask what exactly is going on here, we MUST be pro indentured, and by definition, evil bastards who deserve no voice in the debate.

Sad that to question is seen as to support.

-j-

As for "all the girls look 15", that's the same thing many tourists think when they peer into a gogo in LOS despite them all being 20+. Also note 15 may not be underage in Cambodia. For instance, in Thailand the age of consent can be 15 in non P4P cirumstances. I don't know about Cambo.

>>when they peer into a gogo in LOS despite them all being 20+. <<

Ching lor? Unfortunately that is not always true in LOS either, despite the fact that by law dancers have to be 18+ to work in a bar. (20+ to go and drink in a bar).

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong on these laws. I'm pretty certain this is the case though.

Cheers

farangman

Neo said:

As for "all the girls look 15", that's the same thing many tourists think when they peer into a gogo in LOS despite them all being 20+. Also note 15 may not be underage in Cambodia. For instance, in Thailand the age of consent can be 15 in non P4P cirumstances. I don't know about Cambo.

Age of consent in Cambodia is 15 or 16, about the same for Germany, Belgium, UK, several US States, and many other other 'civilized' countries. Is Spain still 13?

Archived