P4P in Cambodia, places to go?!

kamui

Hi,

after following the controversial thread Desturbing Phnom... which did not contain many concrete facts about carefree P4P with nonintendured adult girls, IMHO there are two options:

1.) no reports about any P4P places in Cambodia on this board. Which means this service will be left to another board where the lines between safe P4P and underaged and/or trafficked and/or intendured girls are completely blurred.

2.) to collect reports about 'safe' P4P places from fellow Cambo travellers to give guidance to travellers who do not want partake in the ugly part of the P4P scene in Cambodia, intentionally or unintentionally.

I myself prefer no. 2, therefore here is my very short list of places I frequented during my two trips to Cambodia.

This list is open for corrections and additions of course. Hopefully we will be able to paint a more clear picture of P4P places to go in Cambodia over the time.

Phnom Penh

My favorite place last summer was Sharky's Bar. *I* have not seen any mamasans or other types of pimps. The girls did come and go as they wanted, did S/T or L/T by their liking. Since it is a place for mostly western Farangs all girls I met spoke some English.

"Heart of Darkness" is probably the best known nightspot in PP. Mixed audience, hi-so Khmer and (m/f) travellers, not only old guys like me :). Nothing for guys who have problems with young bagpackers. Some Khmer freelancers. I went there for dancing, though the music was a little bit boring. Once I went there with some girls from Sharkys, since they told me that they (freelancers?) are not allowed to enter without male company.

Other places I went, without taking a girl:

- Shanghai Bar, a nice, smaller bar with some girls

- Roses Bar, another nice and small bar with some girls

- Walkabout, I have no idea about girls there, but there where much more girls then men when I went there. Mostly Viet girls?

- Martinis, it was closed last summer, I have only been there once two years ago. Many, many mostly Viet girls. The girls where much too pushy for my liking. I have no idea, if the girls where freelancing or have a mamasan or...

Siem Reap

Zanzybar. I only went to Zanzybar once on my first trip with an expat. There I had my first contact with a Khmer girl without planning it (by the way, she was an absolute starfish ::). This summer it looked run down and I did not enter.

[Disclaimer: my knowledge about the P4P scene is very limited, I don't speak any Khmer, I have not visited P4P places like brothels in Phnom Penh, since I wanted to stay clear from the darker part of P4P. All I know about the ugly part of P4P in Cambo is not first hand, but from news reports and webboards, i. e. I have no real idea about the scene ::]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And for what its worth, there is a Martini in Siem Reap and a Disco called Bakheng (Baksei, Bakseng - I can't remember the name exactly) where I met this gorgeous raving lunatic of a Thai Katoey, who kept me company all night.

But I had to refuse the offer to accompany me back to my hotel, not quite up my alley if you know what I mean, despite the good company of the evening.

Cheers

Coss

good list for starters. been to both sharkey and martini. first time in martini, was approached by about 3 young ladies who couldn't have been over x4teen. soon, a woman in her 40's introduced herself and all but said she was their mamasan and very pushingly encouraged me to take one. even in very glamourous clothes and very heavy make up, these gals reminded me of every young girl who tries on her mom's make up and clothes at home. i was later advised by another beer aficianado, in not very endearing terms, that the old woman probably brought them from an outside brothel. didn't surprise me too much. this was about 3 years ago and i understand that activity has slowed considerably.

Hugh (mak)

Hey guys:

I started the thread on SR a few down. In general, I haven't found the nightlife in SR to my liking. Both less in quantity and quality compared to Thailand. Who knows, it may pick up in the future. However, I have found it much easier to meet women here not in the P4P scene and found them quite delightful. In Thailand, I feel it's much more difficult to do unless you have a lot of time to invest. Now, I'm not necessarily talking about a quick lay with these Khmer girls but it's certainly a fun night out. I mean, isn't it the GFE that we're all looking for anyway? If it were just about a quick lay, we would never have come to SE Asia. Right?

For the record, I've fallen in love three times in the past four days so I don't trust my instincts anymore!!!

No offence but I was expecting a bit more than this, honest but limited offering. This would seem to be about the range of many visitors experience of cambo. Martinis was/is without any doubt an underage place. I myself mistakenly took a 15 year old out of a karaoke in PP. One of the problems with countries like cambo compared to LOS is that in LOS at least they mostly all have ID, not so in cambo it seems and IMO khmer girls look older than they actually are as opposed to thais looking younger than they are.

Personally I don't buy into the argument that all posters here are highly against underage/indentured prostitiution as I know for a fact this is not so. My feeling is that because of this and the unreliability of information together with the high incidence of unacceptable prostitution in cambo (to some) that it's probably best left alone.-peter

If you want to meet Cambodia ladies, there are enough of them in Bangkok - you shouldn't have a problem meeting one.

I met one in Foodland one day. Strange story. As I was waiting for my food to be delivered, I noticed a young lady sitting beside me with a lot of strings on both of her wrist. I asked her if she just got married. She said YES, to a falang. The event happened a few days before. She was all smiles. As she kept on talking, she said she was from Cambodia. She had been illegal in Thailand for some time. Before I could say much more, she asked me if I wanted to go short time!

thai3 said:

No offence but I was expecting a bit more than this, honest but limited offering. This would seem to be about the range of many visitors experience of cambo. Martinis was/is without any doubt an underage place. I myself mistakenly took a 15 year old out of a karaoke in PP. One of the problems with countries like cambo compared to LOS is that in LOS at least they mostly all have ID, not so in cambo it seems and IMO khmer girls look older than they actually are as opposed to thais looking younger than they are.

Personally I don't buy into the argument that all posters here are highly against underage/indentured prostitiution as I know for a fact this is not so. My feeling is that because of this and the unreliability of information together with the high incidence of unacceptable prostitution in cambo (to some) that it's probably best left alone.-peter

What do you mean with "expecting more"? I only mentioned the most famous places in PP, most of them are even mentioned in Lonely Planet. I am sure there are some discos with more freelancers, but maybe a "positive list" about P4P in Cambodia will stay very short....

As I said, I am not that experienced, since going with girls was only a part of my interest in Cambodia (have you ever seen the National Museum in PP? Probably one of the most beautiful Museums in the world), but I thought someone should start the list. For the real seedy place punters will go the SE-Asia board anyway.

thai3 said:

Peter, What is wanted is places you may have been to in Cambodia that would meet the standards set of not having indentured servitude and underage services. Kind of a list of "approved" places we can discuss and talk about here without the "everyplace in Cambodia is a sex slave shop and all underage" crowd getting their undies all twisted. Do you have some places in mind that fit these parameters? No? Then shut up? Yes? Then add them here!

And Peter, really , it is fairly easy in Thailand to buy a fake ID, or even use and older sister or older cousin/friend's who looks very similar. ID's are great, but gut instinct and going for women you can tell are in their mid twenties is the only way to stay away from problems with underage. If she looks very young, don't go for her. No matter what she tells you and no matter her ID says she's 18. If you do get caught with a young one in Thailand it is AT LEAST going to cost you a LOT of baht to get out of it, if not some serious jail time. Another thing is many hotel workers WILL call the cops if the lady looks underage when you bring her back to the hotel, and yes, they do make money for doing so.

What gets me is that we can discuss this about Thailand but some wanted to totally ban any talk of Cambodian P4P. Same same I feel, just that Thailand has grown more, has better enforcement of law, and has taken a dim view on pedos as being harmful to the country's image and its tourist industry. Cambodia, having just recently been coming out from under a genocidal dictatorship, has many problems in this area, but each year this is less and less. It and PP is no longer the as much the "wild west" it used to be just four or five years ago.

Cent

Archived