P4P in Cambodia, places to go?!

kamui

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I visited Martinis a year ago and I chatted with a very young Viet girl who was working daytime in k11 and was brought to Martinis every evening. I also asked about HIV out of curiosity and the girl smiled and said "yes hab many girls HIV in my house (k11)". I really got bad vibes about the place and the punters inside. Cambodia sanuk is definitely not for everybody's taste. H.O.D., Walkabout and Sharkey's seemed a bit nicer places altough in Walkabout I was offered some kind of pills by the girls. Needless to say I didn't take'em.

the girl smiled and said "yes hab many girls HIV in my house (k11)".

Reminds me of a docu I saw some years back, on the whole P4P industry in Asia. One girl, who admitted to allowing customers to go bareback for a few extra $$ said, "I'd prefer to die of aids in a few years than to starve to death next week."

Given the choice, I'd probably do the same.

I went to PP a year or so ago on a visa run and went to most of the places mentioned over a week. Impression I got, you simply won't get any nice Khmer girls going anywhere near any of these place, whereas in Bkk there is always a small window, grey area, of opportunity of finding genuine new girls, though perhaps ever diminishing. The reputed HIV rate of the mostly ex-brothel gals in the scene, with and without mamasan, too frightening to indulge (with a tenpercent chance of the condom breaking). Also, total language barrier problem, girls simply not educated at all it would seem. And no chance of getting beyond the bar scene in a short period of time, either. Oddly, PP seemed quite pleasant along the river front and even the moto drivers were friendly.

Contrast that, with say a shithole like Angeles City full of thieves, pimps and scum and the never ending arrival of cherry gals in the bar scene...

There is no promoting this stuff here, but shouldn't we know where to avoid and where to go?

I think knowing where to go is enough. Im not so certain that alot of people would know if they were having with a sex worker who had repressive work obligations, but it should be pretty obvious if someone is under age. If in doubt just ask for an ID. On the other hand if we have a list of places not to go that would probably be of more use to some one who is trying to locate underage sex workers.

Moderator8 said:I think knowing where to go is enough. Im not so certain that alot of people would know if they were having with a sex worker who had repressive work obligations, but it should be pretty obvious if someone is under age. If in doubt just ask for an ID. On the other hand if we have a list of places not to go that would probably be of more use to some one who is trying to locate underage sex workers.
It is a circular argument methinks. No saying the name of a place then is tantamount to saying that this is where they are. This leads to situation that is worse than pointing them out IMHO as at least pointing them out will alieve any doubt that those are the bad places.

Kinda like feeding the elephants on the streets of BKK. If you do feed them, you are encouraging the mahouts to bring them into the city. If you do not feed them, then they starve because there is a) no work for them and B) no social program to support them. You can't win.

Cheers,

SD

Archived