If u had the money would u buy a condo?

Don't see why you have to sell in OZ, if you bought it and own it, you can keep it. The OZ unit if it is a reasonable one will increase in value more so than something in Bangkok, and the thai currency is all over the shop, so you have to factor that loss.gain into the calculations also. Keep in mind also, when you are about to cark it or need expensive medical attention, you may find it better to be back where you came from on the local NHS or whatever, no such thing in Thailand.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting thread... thinking of investing some money out of my homecountry and professionnal field... Just checked the rates at the State Tower and prices are around 62500 per sq m for 111 and 126 sqm appartments. I might end up living there as well. Anybody has opinion on how this tower is going to move?? Still a pretty dead place despite an attractive location but what does it mean ??

You're prolly have a point here, perhaps linked to the fact it seems underexploited.

Personnally I don't like much using the BTS, and State tower is from walking distance from most places I have business during daytime in BKK, hence the location is good for most people I deal with. Furthermore it offers great views and is in an upscale area - can walk as well to Oriental, Shangri La and a short drive from all Sathorn and Silom area.

Heard last night they have problem selling units there and are ready to sell sensibly below the listed price. Any more opinion about the place?

No I would not buy, If I wanted to move to another part of Thailand you must sell or rent out and move, I know a few people have trouble selling and trying for the last 5 years to sell in Bangkok, So I would rent so if I get sick of Pattaya or Bangkok I can move away or if I need to move away.

Archived