Stickman's column this week...

bibblies

... includes a "Where are they now?" type feature. Or, as I call it, "Finger still on the fucking pulse.. not."

Firstly, we get the impression that "number 33" hasn't been seen for years (by Stickman, at least). But "number 33" has been around her former hunting ground, Dollhouse, quite a lot in the last year. I saw her there in January and July last year, for example. In fact, her picture's still on the Dollhouse website under Bangkok ladies, dated October 2004 (though she's not #33 anymore).

And we also get this: "Just the other week I was out at Ramkhaemhaeng and spotted girl I recognised as a freelancer from Thermae. She had worked there for many years and she was there doing the shopping early on a Sunday morning with what must have been her boyfriend until I spotted that they both had rings on their fingers, indicating that were married. So I guess #33 is now probably married off with a farang"...

Er, what the fuck? How does one girl's (possible) marriage mean that another girl is married?! :: Lazy reasoning at best, I feel!

Mind you, worse is to come: "Quite frankly I am amazed that so many farangs like Rainbow 2 bar in Nana. Apart from the fact that there are a number of pretty girls in there, I really do not see any other attraction in that bar."

Hmmm, "Apart from the fact that there are a number of pretty girls in there"... Er.. why do you think people go to gogo bars rather than pubs? Can you remember?

How far off the pace and reasoning of the punter do you have to be?

I'm not quite sure why Casey is called "Crazy" Casey either, apart from it being a lazy journalistic device to make the story seem more interesting. (Alliteration, anyone?) I know him too, having known his ex-wife, and he's always seemed far from crazy to me. I saw him a couple of times eating in Robinsons food court last time I was in Thailand, at the same times in the afternoon with the same girl.

I only go to Thailand a couple of times a year, for a few weeks at a time, as opposed to living there but it seems as though that's enough to be closer to the news than Stickman.

Jeez, I feel guilty now as though I'm picking on a guy who's done nothing bad but I feel there isn't the nightlife news authority there anymore. Ear isn't close enough to the ground for a weekly and his interests have gone too far away from that of the average guy visiting a gogo...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bibblies said:

I only go to Thailand a couple of times a year, for a few weeks at a time, as opposed to living there but it seems as though that's enough to be closer to the news than Stickman.

[snip]-his interests have gone too far away from that of the average guy visiting a gogo...

1. As you seem to know more than him why not start your own bkk news website?

2. What makes you think his weekly is aimed at an audience of the average guy visiting an a go-go?-

-peter

How did he know about me and 33?

Besides, there must be other ladies that used the number 33.

I guess this means no more trips to Ramkhaemhaeng!

[color:"white"] . . . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . [/color] :chili:[color:"white"] . . . . [/color] :chili:[color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili:

[color:"green"]

Hi,

"Jeez, I feel guilty now as though I'm picking on a guy who's done nothing bad but I feel there isn't the nightlife news authority there anymore. Ear isn't close enough to the ground for a weekly and his interests have gone too far away from that of the average guy visiting a gogo... "

Well, while we have such a column on Pattaya (written by Eyebee) but not for Bangkok, I most certainly have an opening for anybody interested in writing such a column on a regular basis (weekly? bi-weekly?).

Interested people can contact me by PM or email to discuss payment and such.

Sanuk!

PS In case someone is wondering, yes I am serious about this. I think it would make a great addition to the site.

Hi,

I agree. Stick is not trying to be the authoritive last word on the Thai sex trade. Read his opening line. He's just a guy there, reporting on his life, while living in Thailand. Anything more than that, not should be expected of him. It's certainly not his responsibilty to keep you informed of anything.

Whatever he gives, is up to him. It's not as though you're paying him anything. Either enjoy what he has to offer up, or stop going there. I think he does a great job, for providing a free service to everyone.

Anyone who thinks they can do it better, then step up to the plate. Simple as that!

HT

I noticed the same errors as you,but so what?he doesn't profess to be an expert on Bkk nightlife,it's just one man's opinion,and he got a few things wrong in this issue....big deal...if you want a more informative,ear to the ground reports,then read Baronbonks musings....stickmans site is different and has a large faithful readership...including you,since you were quick to comment on this issue within hours of it being posted.....i just think people are too quick to criticize.

#33. So she is still around? Good.

Crazy Casey. Oh, no he is not crazy at all - but a number of people I know call him that - but all like him, as I do.

Rainbow 2. Girls might be good looking but their attitude stinks.

Come on, you can do better than that....you could have at least made mention of the reference ot this site.

Stick

Hi,

"you could have at least made mention of the reference ot this site."

Confused about this bit

The reference in the article is clear (and thanks for the mention, although a link would have been nice as well ;) ), really don't get what that reference has to do with this thread. ::

(Must admit I only read the Joker part of the column, so maybe it was made clear in the rest)

Sanuk!

Nightlife authority? Ha! Some people seemed to consider me that but I always found it laughable. I never was and never will be. This nonsense title which some people may have given me was simply because I wrote a long report on the nightlife many years ago that many people liked ? even though said report has been offline for over a year AND I wrote a strong piece close to three years ago saying that I am off bargirls. Actually I had been off them well before then but that is another issue.

I have to laugh when people get so hot and bothered over a few small things.

Let?s look at the three complaints you make:

- #33 is still around. Ok, so I was wrong. I guessed that she had probably been married off but was wrong. Is this such a big deal?!

- You objected to the name Crazy Casey. When I see a couple of my mates I often say ?hello you fat cunt?. It doesn?t mean I hate them ? people often use such terms with people they are close to. A few of us referred to Casey like that ? and had you read closely, you would have seen that I had all positive stuff to say about him. Casey wouldn?t take the least offence. Man, you are ULTRA sensitive!

- You objected to what I said about Rainbow 2. I said that apart from pretty girls, there was nothing else in there. I stand by what I said and maintain that the atmosphere in there is so bad that irrespective of the fact that some of the girls are pretty, most Westerners I know do not like that bar. Compare it to say Playskool where the girls might not be quite as attractive but where one inevitably has a much better time.

It is quite obvious that this thread will just got the way of the usual ?Stickman is an asshole threads? that pop up every couple of months. Within a few posts someone will say that I am a hypocrite because I am anti the industry but write about it. Then someone else will say that it is wrong that I make money from advertising this and that. And then a few supporters will come on and assist to pick holes in the arguments. Then someone will abuse someone and Khun Sanuk will rightly shut it down. We?ve been there done that so many times?.

Anyway, as you are much closer to what is going on in the nightlife than I am ? and I don?t deny that for a moment because you come here twice a year which is much more often than I ever make it near the bars, do me a favour and let me know the news before midday in a Sunday. Email me at stickmanbangkok@hotmail.com. I?ll credit you for it all! Thanks!

Stick

Archived