Stickman's column this week...

bibblies

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thai3

mango sauce was closed down in sept. Davids latest post says it will not be starting it up again as it's time to move on

I am probably misreading your post, but just in case you are referring to my post above - I must make it clear that I have no connection with any website called Mango Sauce. I obviously do not want anyone to get confused - with the resulting "comments".................

My (perhaps unclear) reference was to a website which has been long gone (3/4 years?) and which if I am honest never became that widely known - certainly not enough for a mention in Stickman's "where are they now" section ::

thai3 said:

I thought you were up to date on things thai yet you don't even know that mango sauce was closed down in sept. Davids latest post says it will not be starting it up again as it's time to move on. Perhaps good advice for you and batman re stickmans site. There was a poster there called NJW who was a real pain and reminds me of someone, I wonder....?-peter

I'm a very rare reader of Mangosauce but I notice, from checking the site just now, that there's news on the front page from January 27 from "david@mangosauce.com".

I never posted there, just read a few articles. Why? Was it another of the thailand boards which banned you? :rolleyes:

If "no one's interested" in this topic then it seems strange that it has 575 views and 31 replies. I dare say even Stickman (eventually) likes seeing aspects of his site commented upon (he could do with a kick up the pants for not doing a simple thing like checking the Dollhouse web site to see if his "long-missing" subject is there, for a start! Makes me wonder about his "detective" skills! :))

Btw, for someone whose contribution is entirely "negative", I sure seemed to post a positive report on Rainbow 2...

Regarding Rainboe II I tended to think the same way - nice looking girls but only interested in the Japanese. But last trip in December went with a couple of friends.

Don't know if it was just that one of my friends seemed quite good looking but we all got plenty of attention off about 6 or 7 girls over the 40 minutes we were in the bar. Noticed farangs around me were also getting attention.

So don't know if it was just a one off perhaps the mood has changed. But I would difinitely start recommending from now on.

Hi jxxxl,

>>>>Your supporters can't make an intellegent argument, it's just a bunch of "Stickman is a victim...you people are jealous....<<<<<

That statement is full of crap. I'll give you an intelligent argument to what he writes.....

He writes his column as he see's it. WTF is so hard to understand about that? He's not writing what you want to hear? Tough shit, amigo. Don't read it. Your arguments are only valid, if he were professing himself to be the last word on BKK sanuk, which he has never stated. His site is very broad, encompassing his trials and tribulations as an English teacher there. He cannot be in Phuket, Pattaya, BKK, and elsewhere else every week, giving you the lastest lowdown on every bar there, nor does he try to do. Much of what he reports, obviously comes from other people on the ground at those locales (which he gives credit to, every week).

So what is your gripe? That he tries to make a few dollars for his effort? Who the hell wouldn't. You don't think KS here, is trying to realize a profit? Or anyone else putting the mega-hours into it every week? Get real. Does KS engage in the sex-tourist trade? And unless he does, he cannot be a legitimate board owner? Here's a clue...KS is happily married, doesn't fuck around in the prostitution world there, and only drinks cola's. Is he a hypocrite also? He rejects being involved in the prostitution scene there, albeit, less vocal about it. He grew out of it, got married, and moved on. I can think of many here, who are in the same situation. So what?

Stick went there as a sex tourist, and has evolved, being an expat there. His views changed on prostitution, as time marched on. Just like most expats there, who have seen what is behind the curtain.

Sticks site is nothing more than a blog. A diary of his impressions there. You don't agree with those impressions, then fine. But don't say he has dropped any ball, or his responsibility there. He has no responsibility to you, or anyone else.

You don't like his diary, then quit freaking reading it, and quit complaining. I have no problem with you taking issue with his comments, or opinions. But you're way over the line in attacking others that enjoy it, and then calling him a hypocrite.

As Stick said, we here have been down this road before. If his site does not conform to your personal liking, the just quit reading it, already. I've never seen him trying to 'prove' anything. He's just a regular guy, speaking out loud every week, and also willing to bring his Thai wife into things, and offer up her insights, as well.

What have you done, jaxxxl? Other than to throw out vicious attacks? You don't offer up any insights........you only offer up obvious distain. Start offering up some constuctive idea's, and someone might actually be intrested in what you have to spew.

>>>or that you aren't man enough to admit that you want the advertising money.<<<

Your attacks like this, are unwarranted. I've never met the guy. But you're out of line with your train of thought with this shit. Chill out!

HT

Guest lazyphil

<<His views changed on prostitution, as time marched on. >>

Not that much, live Asian sex cams advertised on his weekly column isn't exactly prostitution but its earning money off the sex/flesh trade and promoting sex tourism in Asia. Stick is no different to a bar girl, bgs compromise their ethics to survive in los and so is stickman and I see nothing wrong in it really. Way to go stick!

HIGH THAIED said:

Hi jxxxl,

>>>>Your supporters can't make an intellegent argument, it's just a bunch of "Stickman is a victim...you people are jealous....<<<<<

That statement is full of crap. I'll give you an intelligent argument to what he writes.....

He writes his column as he see's it. WTF is so hard to understand about that? He's not writing what you want to hear? Tough shit, amigo. Don't read it. Your arguments are only valid, if he were professing himself to be the last word on BKK sanuk, which he has never stated.

If you don't like what he writes, then "tough shit. Don't read it". Is that really what you you consider to be an "intelligent argument"? :dunno:

If Stickman's entitled to say what he wants (and indeed says it so loudly in a public place especially set up by himself for that purpose) then surely people are entitled to say what they want in reply. Pointing out basic factual errors and lazy regurgitation of cliches is constructive and undeniable.

The frightening thing, as I said, is if he applies the same shoddy standard of fact-checking to the "detective" service he offers on his site. I can picture it now:

Client: "I suspect my girlfriend is back at the bar."

Stickman: "Nah, I saw a similar-looking girl with a ring on her finger the other day. So she's definitely married."

Client (a day later): "Hey! I just decided to look at the bar's website and there she was, nearly on the front page! How much checking did you actually do, you lazy bastard?"

He's serious enough in his "authority" to still offer a bar-girl checking service on his site, isn't he? That's a service whose results can have serious repurcussions on peoples' lives.

I see him as another Trink. At first, he was a useful source of information but in his latter years his columns turn into lazy parodies of themselves. So, it's not entirely surprising that people are starting to rip the piss out of them. (Do a search for a few that have already appeared here, not even by me or jxxxl).

Start offering up some constuctive idea's, and someone might actually be intrested in what you have to spew.

Actually, I get the impression that about as many people roughly agree with him and me as they do with you. I've seen KS himself question a lot of what Stick does, for instance. And, as I said, check for parodies.

A similar (or perhaps larger) portion probably couldn't give much of a shit either way...

Your attacks like this, are unwarranted. I've never met the guy. But you're out of line with your train of thought with this shit. Chill out! HT

Nice to know you're still moderating (or attempting to moderate) out other peoples' valid opinions as attacks simply because they disagree with your cosy views. I don't think it'll work this time though.

Hi,

"Is he a hypocrite also? He rejects being involved in the prostitution scene there, albeit, less vocal about it."

At the risk of getting drawn into this argument, I do not think that Stick and I are the same in this respect. I may not be actively involved in the scene anymore, but I do not write about how offensive and bad I find it.

Secondly, there are limits to what banners I will and will not accept, regardless of how much they pay. And I must admit that I do find it odd that a person who takes a fairly strong stance on the prostitution issue would allow such banners on his site.

But, of course, it is *his* site, so welll.. up to him I guess.

Sanuk!

Hi Phil,

Interesting you would use the word 'ethics'. I think *that* is exactly where it all gets confused here.

I can only speak for myself. I'm apprehensive about ever getting involved with a prostitute, but is not due to any ethical conciderations. And that is where the confusion starts and ends, and I think maybe with Stick also.

It's not a personal statement on any one girl. Or even the scene. And has nothing to do with ethics, or values. I see absolutely nothing wrong with anyone involved in the the prostitution scene, myself included.

Just talking about the problems there though, and that you should be very careful when treading there, should not be construed as a hatred of the scene, or turning turn-coat, and thinking the speaker thinks his shit doesn't smell. Which I think Stick, and also me at times, have been thought as trying to portray. It's been very fustrating for me here. I love bar-girls, and have no ethical problems there, at all.

But I don't live there, and pulling one out of the scene, was never practical for me. But just for me, and only me. It's not a judgemental reaction to anyone else being able to do. And I know for one, you were very successful at doing. Good on you, and I think it's great. And that is what most don't/can't get.

>>>>Stick is no different to a bar girl, bgs compromise their ethics to survive in los and so is stickman and I see nothing wrong in it really.<<<<<

So he spouts some of the downsides to the nightlife in LOS? Good on him. The newbie's of the world, need to know the pitfalls of getting involved with a hooker there, and what can be expected as the most common scams. He is providing a good service, IMO. God know's, he probably gets enough emails every week about all the bad experiences many farang have had.

IMO, it does not make him so much down on the scene, but just realistic. Getting involved with a prostitute is no easy task. And no reason for anyone to blame the guy for speaking the truth about the pitfalls that are the reality. But that is also not his total message. He'll also speak about a bar he thinks is great, with good prices, and great looking girls.

I've always seen him as pretty objective, and not a severe slant, one way or the other. But that's just me.

HT

Archived