Stickman's column this week...

bibblies

Hi jxxxl,

Here's where I see the deal. Let's take your anology with the ex-smoker having a blog about the dangers of smoking on his site, and also having ads from tobacco companies there, as well, to support his endeavor. Is he a hypocrite for extolling the dangers of smoking, just because he is an ex-smoker? Of course not. He simply realized the dangers, and changed his ways, and felt the need to express that. What *would* make him a hypocrite, is if he were puffing away on a cigarette, while extolling these dangers. He would also be a hypocrite, to accept tobacco advertising on his site. I hope we might agree on the above, and I do understand your points.

My whole point is....is that I do not see Stick telling everyone to stay away from the bars, because all bg's are bad. I'm not seeing that, I never have, and I think is why we are not meeting eye-to eye.

If a bar in Pattaya had 100 drop-dead gorgeous girls, all dancing nude, and 50 baht Kloster's flowing all night long, he would be the first to tell you to get your ass down there, because it all is a great deal, and many happy reports are coming out of there.

That does not sound like to me, a bible thumping ex-whoremonger turned anti-bar scene evangelist to me, at all. He is not a guy telling everyone to stop fornicating, or going to bars, and then accepts advertising for them. He'll easily tell you what bars he hears are rocking, even without them advertising on his site. So where is the hypocracy?

Because next week, he'll relate a sad-fuck story about someone getting burned by a hooker? It's not hypocritical to speak of the bad, along with the good about a situation. If he only spoke negatively about the scene there, then I'd be with you 100%. But it's just not the case. At least from where I sit.

Anyway, it's an old debate, and no need for anyone to lose any sleep over it. I personally, see his site as pretty well rounded/balanced, and will continue to read. When I see him starting to change the facts, to push a personal agenda, then I'll think twice.

I'm sure he gets tons of emails every week. When I see him start to select and post only those that speak of bad experiences, then I'll maybe move over to your corner. But I'm just as likely to see a post there, from a guy who is very happy with his Thai girl.

I just don't see him as unbalanced/slanted as you do, hense our differences about the hypocracy of it all. Anyway, I got little to nothing more to offer on the subject. I guess different people see his musings in different lights, which is to be expected, and a good thing. But Stick going the way of Trink? ::

I think Stick has a few more good years left in him, before becomes total drivel. :D

I fully understand your comments about inconsistancies jxxxl, and do agree in some cases. I'm just saying to cut the guy a break. He does what he can, with the little time he has to devote to it. I don't know him, nor have I ever met him, but I seriously doubt he's getting rich from what he does. It ain't for the money.......for that, I am sure. He makes some mistakes sometimes? So what.

HT

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<I do not think it even incurs any jail time....so all it really comes down to is vague "moral judgements", yours against others. Honestly, what *is* the point?>>

i dont recall jxxxl asking stick to have a custodial sentance!!....what is the point?..good question, what is the point of np.com, stickman bkk, me or you posting here :dunno:

Guest lazyphil

i'm still tempted to pay 30$ for a live session with honey on sticks naughty banner asian webcams, she looks foxy and on free chat said she'd do all sorts of kinky stuff for me!!

Hi,

Guys, it seems this thread has once again deteriorated to the point of becoming personal and unless that stops, I *will* (once again) close this thread.

I have no problem with people criticising Stickman's work, but please do *not* criticise Stickman himself. Remember: "the message, not the messenger".

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

Just hypothetically speaking, if i got my mrs to perform on Asian cams for money would that make me/her any less/more morally corrupt than stick for advertising the site on his site.....sorry if i seem to have a bee in my bonnet about this issue as i find it intriguing!

Hi LP,

>>>>Just hypothetically speaking, if i got my mrs to perform on Asian cams for money would that make me/her any less/more morally corrupt than stick for advertising the site on his site.<<<<<

And where would you post the experience?

'Nightlife', or "Relationships" ?

Maybe 'Trip Reports'? :D

Or if wife found out, maybe 'family life'? Or 'Legal Issues'? :p

HT

Hi LP,

>>>sorry if i seem to have a bee in my bonnet about this issue as i find it intriguing! <<<

Good thread so far. Nothing to be sorry about. ::

BTW........Do people in England really say "bee in my bonnet" in normal conversation? :D

HT

>>>>my mrs webcam handle could be "Bee in my bonnet"

I just got an image of a cute little Thai girl bundled up in a London Fog coat, rain soaked hair, standing on a street corner in London, saying "I tink hab one bee in bone-net, LP".

:grinyes:

A very traditional "Mary Poppins" moment, eh govner?

You must be having great fun over there. I'm jealous. :(

But back on topic......

HT

Archived