BKK going down the drain

ALHOLK

I spent the last weekend in BKK. I managed to do NEP, SC and PP and none of them were any good. In NEP I went to one of my old favourites, Sexy Night. I like this bar because of the good attitude the ladies have. The ladies were the same and the bar was the same but a beer was 120 baht and a lady drink was 180 baht. What the fuck are they thinking of. This is a small bar with nice but so good looking ladies. For the money I spent there in 1 hour I can sit in one of Pattays best bars and drink myself unconscious. And most of the ladies are good looking too.

I remember when gogo bars in BKK used to be better than in Pattaya. Today BKK dosent hold a prayer against Pattaya. On the good side BKK has much better shoping than Pattaya and Panthip Plaza seems to be back in full swing.

regards

ALHOLK

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes Alholk, I love ?Sexy Nights? too. It is one of my favourite bars in NEP.

Although the bar is a little bit shabby and damp-stained I like it very much. It was the first bar of the NEP which I entered in the year 1993 when I was in BKK for the first time.

I like the Lady owner and her cashier; they are friendly and they always help me to get a good girl from their bar.

And yes, the attitudes of the girls are great. I never had any troubles and got a first class service always; and the girls are not expensive: in former times 1000 Baht and since about 3 years 1500 Baht LT for a hot night and 2 or 3 fucks in the next morning.

But now 180 Baht for a Lady drink? Are they crazy? This is daylight robbery.

All in all you can say: it looks peaky for my beloved NEP. Nana Plaza starts sucking.

The Nana Plaza has been my centre of the universe for many years. At home in Farlang land I was dreaming of it. It was my paradise, my heaven. But now the fun factor has steadily decreased over the last couple of years. The prices for beverages have jumped up; the girls want more and more money for ST and LT (some stunners want even moon prices); girls aggressively asking for Ladydrinks and all became harshly commercial.

We all know that the girls and the bar owners want to make money, but when it gets too expensive and high pressured, well, that takes away the illusion that makes the bars fun.

Nasiadai alias Bakwahn

Hi!

As it stands pty comes up short on daytime activities

Actually there are lots of activities available in Pattaya. On the other hand Pattaya seem to make people very lazy. For me going to the exchange office to get money is a full days work. :)

regards

ALHOLK

ALHOLK said:

Actually there are lots of activities available in Pattaya. On the other hand Pattaya seem to make people very lazy. For me going to the exchange office to get money is a full days work. :)

LOL. As for me - it's 2pm now, and I'm about to go out for breakfast. Probably finish that at 6pm, come back to my room, and get ready for the night's adventures. PLENTY to do in Pattaya in the daytime. :wave:

? The ladies were the same and the bar was the same but a beer was 120 baht and a lady drink was 180 baht. What the fuck are they thinking of.?

Can?t say what they are thinking, but during my recent visit I remedied the situation by spending most of my BKK nights on SC and the ?Pong. On occasions when I did venture into NEP I adopted a policy of asking the welcome girls at the door ?how much is a beer?? and if they responded with 110 or 120B, I would just say ?too much? then do a 180 and move on to the next bar. Try voting with your feet next time and let them know you are not willing to pay these high prices, and just maybe (yeah right :rolleyes:) things may change for the better.

Personally, I think NEP is on the ropes and won?t be on the map a year or two from now. I spent very little time in BKK this trip instead opting for about three weeks in Pattaya - which in my opinion is the best it has ever been (it?s anyone?s guess though how long this will last).

In spite of the degenerating BKK nightlife, I managed to score some real winners there and spent the last three nights of my vacation with a Tilac go-go girl who turned out to be the best performer I encountered the entire trip - amazing considering her tender age and being a real cutie...

Bottom line is you can still have a good time in BKK if you alter your hunting strategy and maybe give NEP a miss ? for instance try the street scene after the bars close, you might be surprised at the quality of the ladies walking the streets these days at 4am. :grinyes::up:

ST

NEP could change for the better, but it would require some effort and nobody is willing to put any effort into it. Although, the escalotor has been working most of the time lately.

On the other hand, the ground floor of Sukumvit One is almost finished. It looks like this place will have some class and when all of the floors are finished, it will probly pull a lot of the NEP crowd toward it.

So that makes me wonder if Soi Zero will get another chance for life?

I agree.

I just have a hard time deciding when it went down the drain. In the 80's and 90's it was fantastic roaming from SC down to NEP then Buckskin Joe Village before ending up at the Pong. None of the bars would recruit anyone unless they were pretty.

I think it went down Hill around 95. and in all the visits I have made since then, in the hope that there has been some improvement I have found none. The majority of the girls in the Gogo's are at the most average. I did not see one stunner in either the Pong,NEP or SC.

A few nice girls in the Beer garden or Gullivers and that was it apart from Freelancers.

The majority of the stunners I seen were either working in the Emporium or asleep on the Skytrain.

On the positive side Traffic has definitely improved and there are very few beggars in comparison with years ago. The streets are a lot cleaner.

However If it is Sanuk, I think I would sooner head to Pattaya, any day. Bangkok will just be a stopping off point from now on.

I was in BKK last week. Years ago we used to wonder at the state of some of the Guys these Girls go with, now I wonder at the state of the Girls some of the Guys go with.

Cheers

I can't remember reading a single positive report of Bangkok on this board this year or last year :(. Really hope things are not that bad cause I just booked a trip to Thailand. Come on, there must be something still left of the good times in Big Mango?

Just wonder if I should just go straight to Pattaya and avoid getting sad in Bangkok ::

Archived