Surin-The Simple Life

Central Scrutinizer

Anonymouse,

Thanks. Glad you enjoy them. Thanks for telling me so. It's appreciated.

Well, when I was working, before I destroyed my back in work, I'd go over about every 10 weeks. Usually I'd stay for 10 days, at a minimum, most times it was 14 days. Anything less just doesn't seem worth the long flight over and back!

I had a lot of vacation time to use every year, plus we had the advantage of having what is called in the industry "trade days". This is where you arrange to have co-workers work your work days on one of their days off. Where I worked the day off patterns were spread throughout the whole week.

M/T-T/W-W/Th-Th/F..etc.

So if you took your days off on either end of your work week, (I had seniority and had S/Sun off) and had guys work the Mon. through Fri. for you, it was very easy to get two weeks off every couple of months, without even using your vacation days! This would usually get you 16 days off before you had to get back to work. I'd save my vacation days to use all at once, and usually spend 6 or 7 weeks in Thailand during the summer.

Then when you return to work you work one of your days off every week to pay back the "trade days" worked for you by others that you "owed" them, or maybe do a double shift once in a while during the week to pay back someone on another shift than your own. (I've worked afternoons most of my career there. Hate waking up so early in the moning.) This way in two months you'd have payed back the days owed to your co-workers, and do it all over again.

So that would give me about ten weeks in Thailand, just with the "trade days", and another 6 or 7 weeks there during the summer as vacation days used.

Plus we were allowed to "give away" ten days, without having to pay them back, every three months. A lot of guys would work for you this way when there wasn't much overtime in the slow times of the year, so they could make some extra cash.

Although this can get expensive, as you are not getting paid for the days you just "give away". But, if you could afford this, it was a way to gain another 40 days a year off from work. And back in Thailand! :-)

So when back in work I'd work most of my days off, and a double shift now and then, and any overtime I could get in between. Working for a major airline I also could fly first class round trip to Thailand for just 180 USD. (I think coach was around 100 bucks.) And we can use our airline ID's to gain decent discounts in most major, and some smaller, hotels worldwide. A few years I spent about 16 weeks or more in Thailand each year. Usually never less than 10 days while there. Working for an airline has its advantages. :-) What amazed me is that half the people I worked with rarely even used their flight benefits! What a waste! Might as well be an accountant! (Not meant to offend any accountants here folks. Just an example.)

Cent

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by greg:

Cent, you might like to get a book on Callanetics, some excellent exercises for back problems - worked wonders for both myself and some friends whom I recommended it to.

Thanks Greg. I'll look into it. Never heard of it. What does it consist of? Sounds like an exercise regime. At the moment I'm going though a series of three surgeries, and am not allowed to do exercises in between the surgeries. But this would be good to know about so I can discuss it with my physical therapist once I can resume the therapy. Thanks.

Cent

Cent and the simple life.....

You make me wonder. I have 6 days to go in the cold before moving to Chumpon province, a stone throw away from the beach, only for two months... I rented a new 6 bedroom/7 bathroom house. Need to furnish the place as soon as I get there. your "hand carved, wooden lounge chair I've come to truly love. 2,000 baht very well spent" sounds like a good idea for watching street life go by. Seems they make these things at the local prison. Will have a look.

Maybe we could swap houses some time?

Good Thai Girl,

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. It's nice of you to tell me so. I appreciate it. I've always wondered how a Thai, and particularly a Thai woman, would receive my stories, and other similar stories posted here. I'd be interested in hearing what it was you liked about the story, from a Thai woman's perspective, or any other stories here in this section for that matter.

Once again let me apologize about my GTG posts and the warnings I brought up to my friends. It was nothing personal toward you. Merely a bit of a jog to their memories as to how they might want to be a little circumspect in their dealings with strangers. They have most to lose if something were to be not on the up-and up. Just cautionary posts these were, nothing personal.

I welcome you to peruse the stories and trip reports section here, and please feel free to respond at length for the edification and enlightenment of the members here with your unique ability to share with us your Thai female perspective. I'm sure most will welcome hearing from you, as do I.

Have fun GTG. It's basically what this board is all about. Shared information about Sanuk in Thailand.

Cent

Cent,

I've always enjoyed your story. This story just gives me a feeling that life should be simple. Period. Don't make it so complicated than it should be. Hapiness is not that hard to find if you really look for it - it's everywhere. Sometimes I'm happy just to be able to wake up and BREATH ! Just to be alive is enough.

You don't have to apologise. You don't know me and I don't know you personally. There's nothing wrong to suspect people in a cyberspace. Actually, I didn't get mad with any post doubting my authenticity at all.

Looking forward to your next post smile.gif" border="0

Wow !! This is a really nice thread . Great initial post cent , I think I enjoy the life stories posts much more than sex 7 sodomy stories . It reminds me of my time in Issaan , which I consider to have been the most special time spent in LOS . I envt your simple lifestyle , though with the surgery & travelling it may be not so simple all the time . I am also a man of simple needs , a comfy chair , good company , the sounds of nature & a beer will do me , no problem . Keep up posts like this , I really enjoy them .

The responses have been great haven't they , everyone seems to enjoy . And GTG , you really are a Good Thai Girl !I am glad you a member of this board , pity about that guy with the thong on the beach hey !!??? smile.gif" border="0

Zoot,

YOU'VE BEEN TO ISSAAN !!

That is a looooong way from Antarctica !

When was that, Zoot?

"I think I enjoy the life stories posts much more than sex 7 sodomy stories."

Same here. It's so resfreshing. Having lived in big cities all my life, reading a story like that can easily make my day.

"pity about that guy with the thong on the beach hey !!??? "

Yeah, he's about 30 something with a nice tight ass though. wink.gif" border="0

BTW, I'm waiting for your pic - Zoot !!

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: Good Thai Girl ]

Archived