internet friend

MrX

Bpenarai was a member of the message board Soicowboy.com. He was fifty something, from middle Europe though long since emigrated to Canada. I liked his posts thinking they had something much beyond ?where to get a BJ for 500 baht? which characterized many threads. Although to be even-handed, he was far from alone.

He hadn?t written many PMs before the one in June containing a veiled warning about her, with the promise of more the next day. I hurried across town by motorbike, feeling the internet wasn?t fair. She was already dancing though the Bar had only just opened. The urgency of my bar fine nearly pulling her off the stage

?I have friend internet tomorrow he write me secret about you ?.You want tell me now?? She blinked uncomprehendingly. ?I don?t know?. you have sponsor?you have baby?you have boyfriend? I trailed off, at a loss as to what might really be behind the warning

She was leaning half supine on the bar. The delicate ebony outline of her back almost feline. I wished to be somewhere else, far from badgering this beautiful creature.

?Maichai? Romp I no have secret.? She spoke with a rare authority. ?Chin chin?. mai sonjai friend you ?up to him what he speak you? I no have problem?

The PM which arrived the next day said, approximately and quaintly:

?I just wanted things to be clear between us from the outset ...I think I have known her carnally.? My tongue parched discretely.

When I saw her we tried to sort it with a measure of exasperation. I didn?t know much about him and she knew even less about many of her customers. Finally she snapped;

?Listen me Romp, I boom boom many customer?. I no remember?.. Why you think I remember friend you??

It should have been easily left there except for the photos. He told me how he had delivered them to the bar and coincidentally I remembered her excitedly showing around improbably chaste images that a customer had brought to the bar one afternoon when I was there. Only that he didn?t look remotely like my idea of my internet friend. This one was shifty and furtive and I knew he fucked her down the dark alleys of the soul.

Over the next weeks we corresponded, partly about her. He had many insights to offer having lived with a Thai Bargirl for a few months a couple years before. Some of it too, was unashamedly vicarious: he was often stuck in Winnipeg or wherever while I could nestle into their crotches every night. For my part; mired in domestic deception I needed very much to blow. But our descriptions progressively diverged. My girl was delicate and understated, his bolder. Mine younger his older. Credit to him for breaking the logjam by emailing a photo and the telling detail; an inverted left nipple. They were not the same. I rued; their names sometimes escaped me too having had so many. It was a relief too that he was not the shabby figure I had seen in the Bar.

Consequently, apparently she lost all interest in him while I found our cyber- friendship got more pleasant. There were things in common: mis-spent youth, chronological age. midlife crisis perhaps. His things were complicated with his family and his philandering. Even Catherine interested herself. She asked a lot about his wife, wondering about her accommodations. While mostly for me, as IP rocked boat he weighted the keel.

Late October she went out for a dissolute evening with a Bar legend. One of Bpenarai?s girls.

The next time I saw her, kittenish after lovemaking, she laughingly said:

?You friend internet, friend yesterday tell me I boom boom already?..sorry Romp?. She spoke in that peculiar seduced submissive tone which drives me, and so many other men on the Cowboy, crazy. But on another level I was past caring. Anyway I PMed him desultorily.

?Not so? he wrote emphatically ?They are just winding you up. I would remember?

I doubted but while there was an issue it didn?t come between us. Even if when I told her about his denials an expression crossed her face which I neither recognized nor quite liked

He and I finally met for the first time in mid-November, early in the Bar but not before they had already renewed acquaintance. He had also gifted her unopened pack of condoms. That night after he had gone, though barfined she offered no love. Telling me only that when they met earlier she had asked ?You maicoy hen me before?? which left the fabric of that diffident challenge and the soft elongated stare accompanying his reply to my imaginings

After, he and I carried on writing as if nothing had happened which indeed perhaps it hadn?t.

What had I expected?.a fucking apology?

>>?I just wanted things to be clear between us from the outset ...I think I have known her carnally.? My tongue parched discretely.

When I saw her we tried to sort it with a measure of exasperation. I didn?t know much about him and she knew even less about many of her customers. Finally she snapped;

?Listen me Romp, I boom boom many customer?. I no remember?.. Why you think I remember friend you?? <<

Romp: Your literary travels into these zones are are risky and the best I've seen.

Archived