Village wedding 2

MrX

She went home Friday, to come back Monday. I wondered if she would abort.

The week-end ground slow. I calculated she had fucked 3 men and me the last month, probably more, but not many. We were too often in touch.

Saturday morning, drinking coffee, Kit?s tutors came by. Nee mopped around us as I offered no word

?Romp serious today maak ma? she said a touch bitterly.

Catherine had gone to The Sheraton to exercise and would pick up groceries from Villa supermarket on her way home.

I thought quizzically about the gender of Kit?s nascent half-sibling, neglecting the tangled uncertainties and poverty of facts. Now I knew why we had made love so disastrously Thursday afternoon. Absurdly, later, about mid-morning I yearned simply to undress; surely nakedness was best.

We family drifted to the Emporium. In Kinokuniya, while I was furtively browsing the relative failure rates of contraception, Catherine bought Kit books.

Slept early on a Lazarus bed.

Monday consoled Sunday. About 5:30 that afternoon, lounging on our stale red bean bag, the cell phone vibrated a wrong number at my crotch.

?I no come tomorrow. I have problem. See you Tuesday bye?

?Third time today? I turned to Catherine, challenging hard

?Why didn?t you ask who it was?? was all she mustered.

Patience.

We finally met Tuesday evening.

Then in bed, sensing rampant anxiety:

?No have problem, chin chin Romp, Friday I take Ya. Have Min, Surin, finish yesterday?

?Why didn?t you tell me? I asked aghast

?You maikiow? laughingly, ?Really I don?t know have baby you, or baby customer? laughing again, with unbelievable bluntness

?So home you have problem arai?? I stumbled on.

But at this her face clouded terribly. She was prone; lying on her stomach, resting on her elbows, shoulders raised nobly. Through the curtain of hair were suddenly tears.

?Pichai one and two no good maak ma?fighting Pappa?.Paapa drink whisky talk too much?..no maw no speak?..maw speak maak ma?

I questioned her for a long time. They really were fighting, boxing whatever. Her mother was spiraling toward alcoholism. Her third brother didn?t work, hanging around the village, making trouble. Her youngest brother was only 3 years old. The family had no money and no land. Nobody needed a builder. They owed the village fund. The next month her father had to give 20,000. There were more debts she didn?t yet know about. She was facing more than a decade of prostitution unless......

She allowed me to comfort her as it tailed off??

?What about the marry? I said as afterthought

?Yeh..It was OK.? Characteristically drawled.

Of Course!

I got so used to Romp writing in relationships about a young woman he knows in SC, that I keep getting his fiction mixed up with reality.

Khotoot!

Don't take any notice Mr Rompandadam, please keep up the good work, and deliver us the next chapter.

Archived