"Issarn Suki"

Old Hippie

Last Thursday night, Roi Et girl took me to this Place near Prakanom, it was Buffett "Issarn Suki." Your basic mix of seafoods, vegetables and "pig parts" Organs etc...you cook yourself at the table in broth or over a grill. Also have Laab and Yam Po Tek (spicy seafood salad) Noodles, (sort of Pad Thai) and fried wantons...other stuff, dessert is fruit and ice cream!

The place is owned by the former Thai/Olympic Boxing Chapion (who's name I forget), and features live music/band!

Price for buffet with large Leo Beer, bottled water, and tip was 300bht, we were very pleased and stuffed, check it out, worth the trip if you like this sort of food!

292d3760.jpg

That's good eating! I have not heard the term "Issarn Suki" before. I do know it by two other names. One is "jim joom" and the other is "suki laos". In my experience, these are a lot like MK suki, but spicier and more exotic. Issarn girls absolutely love it. Perfect for birthdays and groups.

This place is similar concept to the Daidamon fast food braches found in all the malls, but cheaper. I have heard them referred to as "Moo Gata" or Yang Kowlee. Pig fat is melted on the charcoal hot plate where fresh meats are barbequed surrounded by water rim for cooking veggies and meat balls. I understood it to be Korean based (from the name) rather than Isaan. They also have an outlet in Soi22 where the price is 79B all you can eat, but you pay more if you don't eat all you have taken!

The Isaan Suki places (Jim Joom) on the other hand are also good and tastey, and more like an Isaan version of MK Suki with no hot plate for barbeques. Carrefour Prakanong and Central Laprao malls have these to name a couple that come to mind.

Went to the one at Victory Monument last night. Same pricing, sounds the same but NOT part of the boxers chain according to staff.

That said was a great deal. 79 Baht all you can eat, BUT if you leave food behind, 91 baht! Great idea! DarLek had to pay the higher price! I didn't.

To get it, come of Victory monument station, face Siam direction, and take the steps left and furtherest away from you. Its back about 150 metres from Victory monuments, beside the new Mall/Theatre they're building.

Staff where great, as many with young kids know, Jing-Joe takes after her father and falls for the first good looking person she sees.

Last night it was a tall, very good looking Thai waiter, who showed a small interest in her, so from then on, for the next hour, Jing-Joe dragged him around the restaurant by hand! Lucky guy!

Some of the staff then took her into the kitchen where she helpedd wash up, you knpw, with kids in the west you could never take a active kid to a restaurant, in Thailand, they take it away and play with it.

fOOD WAS GOOD, AND AS i DONT EAT PROK, THEY HAD A LOT OF FISH AND CHICKEN, (FARKING CAPS LOCK)

One waitress, while the wife was getting a plate, noticed someone pour by accident water with pork juice into the suki they set up and toook it away bringing me a new one.

All without me noticing or wife noticing.

Great people, all up 300 baht - ereal bill was 208 Bah, but we tippedd big as they REALLY lookedd after the kid and where geat people.

DOG

Archived