Learning the rules of the game

Hello to one and all. Somersta from UK here. I am slighty Hard of Hearing. Just in the process of quitting my permanent job (aero eng) here in UK and taking up contract positions. The LOS beckons.

I have been reading the discussions here for a while. Many of the comments seen to be coming from a close knit group of people that seem to know one another. All seem to have money (retention of) and sex as primary drivers.

I do not consider myself quite like that, maybe because at 40 I have still not married. My intention was to meet a nice (preferably deaf or HoH) girl and make a family life in Thailand based on a modest regular income and working when I needed. I would have loved to have built a wooden house there and waved incense around.

You'll notice the past tense. After reading Stickman's second interview with with Boss Hogg I feel short changed. I have been to Thailand several times and know enough (just) to believe what the man says about raising a family there. And just 2 successful marriages recorded (Bg's ok, but still!). The comments about the girls' expectations on marriage to a farang really shook me. As Berty Wooster would say 'the scales have fallen from my eyes' and boy do I feel naive and foolish.

What's the rap guys? Should I forget it and think about Philippines instead? Or is butterfly really the only way to win at the asian lady game?

Do I get my bronze membership now?

Hi,

Welcome aboard.

I'd say don't get to disheartened about finding a nice girl, there's plenty of them around. I found one, loads of friends found one, so why shouldn't you? Just don't rush into things.

"Do I get my bronze membership now?"

Ah hell, why not. First guy to have the balls to use the Introduction forum for the purpose it was created :)

Oh, and to those reading this, sorry, only doing this once :p

Sanuk!

You want a deaf chick? ::

Thermae? Once. Dunno now as not been for a few years.

(Why restrict your search to LOS or PI? The oyster's your world. If you're prepared to travel further afield there used to be some well thought of deaf hookers at the coffee shop in the Haikou Hotel, Hainan, China.)

Certainly met a couple of girls with speech impediments - they didn't speak enough English and I didn't speak enough Thai. :D

Somersta,

I wouldn't let Boss Hog's interview by Stick form the basis of your thinking in this area totally. While there is some merit to it it all depends on you yourself and how you handle the situation. As for deaf girls in Thailand one can/may be able to hook up with and even look for as a potential mate, try the deaf massage ladies. They are trained in traditional Thai massage in a certain Wat or two in the country/Bangkok. (Bangkok's Wat Po? Anyone know this info?) and there are some lovely ones that could maybe make a good mate/companion for one, with the extra included benefit of being professionally trained as a masseuse. Don't take everything you read on the net as 100% gospel. There are many variations, and your milage may vary and your experiences may well be totally opposite of a lot of the stuff (negative) you read about Thailand and Thai women, be they BG or GTG or whatever. A lot seem to blame the ladies all the time, rather than think about what they may have done wrong themselves, in many areas and situations, blatant stupidity, gullibility, and ignorance and arrogance by the men being among them.

Hopefully someone here will be able to give you more info as to the deaf ladies in Thailand. I haven't had much experience with them myself.

Nice to see you aboard Somersta. Looks like you've picked yourself up a Bronze membership just for being brave enough to step up to the plate and post. Good for you! And nice of KS to do so. Well deserved I'd say! :)

Cent

I "dated" a d/d Thai bg two years running. She worked the Alamo bar in Soi8, Beach Rd., Pattaya. Dont know if she is still working that bar or area.

She was one of the nicest and prettiest girls who got along with her associates and her oral skills were not compromised by lack of pronunciation. :) And, of course, the added benifit of not listening to her ramblings. :D

Welcome

Thanks for the welcome, the encouragement and of course the bronze, hehe.

The deaf girl thing is a preference rather than a precondition since I have deaf friends in UK and in fact in Thailand. My deaf Thai friends are lovely people, no doubt, and one girl, who has a marriage visa in Hawaii lined up is one of the most switched on deaf girls I ever met. Thanks for the info on deafies in Thailand and please, anyone, keep me posted.

I am sure the members are right and that the good girls are out there. Human nature and values can not be so regionally or culturally skewed, can they? Or is that precisely what we are dealing with? Well, my adventure is due to begin any time now so I guess I'll keep you posted on the cost of experience and experience.

Maybe I should post this up on the discussion board but it was also Boss Hogg's comments on the poor quality of family life that raised my doubts. I'd welcome hearing members views on this one since I for one have no intention of taking my GTG back to UK. My feeling is that it is not a country for Thais to enjoy. Who ever saw a Thai in wellington boots?

Archived