WHAT'S UP WITH Q BAR???

ALERT! I came over here from London to enjoy the famous nightlife of Bangkok, and have been enjoying many of the more infamous forms as well! Anyway, the other night my mate and I pulled a couple cuities from Nana and headed over to the Q Bar on soi 11 to dance and get loose...but no such luck! Upon trying to enter, the manager (an American) looked us over and said, sorry guys, not dressed like that! What?? I thought this was a place that was tourist friendly. Yeah, my mate had on 3/4 length pants and sandals, and I was wearing a sleeveless T (Arsenal!), but we had money and were ready to spend it! This guy also looked long and hard at the little ladies we were with. He went on and on about their dress code, etc. Well anyways, I had heard good things about Q Bar and it's policies, but if my money's not good enough for them I can easily go to a beer bar and drink cheaper, where I feel welcome!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually do not partake in the Q bar, but, as you say, you know the policies of the Q, why were you disappointed in a dress policy of long trousers and no flip flops? I personally believe in wearing long pants in the evening while in Bangkok. Beach communities ala Pattaya, Patong, Samui is more your cookie.

@@@> "I had heard good things about Q Bar and it's policies, but if my money's not good enough for them I can easily go to a beer bar and drink cheaper, where I feel welcome!

Then I wouldn't get in either as I have no long trousers in Thailand !

I couldn't give a fuck. I will end my days in t-shirts, shorts and sandals / trainers, drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette. Fuck all the do gooders and "up market" door policies of pretencious here today, gone tomorrow clubs.

Archived