WHAT'S UP WITH Q BAR???

Thanks Carl,

Strange how little I heard about this club but it's on the must do places for next trip - some time in June. Agree about the Non Hip Hop blessing although after a couple of years hammering in Bangkok I'm slowly getting used to it

About Hu U, great setting and rather lousy fusion food but almost totally empty when I was there.

Good clubbing!

Random!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Random,

Met Bar is only worth checking out on weekends, but go with a friend who has a member card. Entry is definitely tight in this place.

I think Hu'u will begin to take off as it's just been voted Bangkok's best bar, but then again it will never get packed being on Sathorn.

Another to watch out for is Syn at the Nai Lert Park - at the moment still quiet though. J-Avenue on Thonglor is a great pre-club joint at the moment too.

I think I'll take a look at Syn again this weekend before heading to either Zantika or RCA.

"the place is full of suited up business men who can't stand the music and girls who aren't the least bit interested in the music but are looking for a pay check"

It was a bit trollish for a first post, and wondered iif you're able to judge how cheap is a suit but well there was some true in your post.

A bit off topic perhaps but a parrallel to be made with one my new fav clubs in Paris, 'L'etoile' , a select and trendy club with mostly over 30 male patrons , half of them wearing a suit, and under 30 female crowd, lots of them freelancers. At the times when the play good music it feels a bit like Q bar! Plan more cash than in BKK if you want to have a similar fun but some good blasts to be had!

Finished wasted this morning at 9, the time of my first meeting... which I slept out, good to be boss :):drunk:

J-Avenue on Thonglor is a great pre-club joint at the moment too.
One of the next obvious places to go from J Avenue on Thonglor would be Booze - I think you could easily walk it. Does Booze close at 1 or 2 am these days? A 1 am closing would seem too early for a place like Booze, but these days you never know...

Archived