WHAT'S UP WITH Q BAR???

Torrenova,

Q bar has been going strong for several years, if you're happy to spend your days dressed up in rags it's up to you. I understood you set up bars in Pattaya, probably much more perrenial and profitable than Q bar. All the best to you! it's very unlikely you'll see me there and a reason I keep on patronising places like Q bar is to avoid the sight of flip flop wearing party goers.

I thought the OP was a troll because I couldn't believe he was so clueless about even a half decent behaviour/presentation, but further posts in this thread woke me up to the real Nana world...

Random - for a segregated world

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guy,

Q-bar has a dress code. Nothing more ominous than that. It's upscale, as a few others are, also. 'Bed' comes to mind, as well.

Just steer clear of these places, unless willing to play by their rules. Not a bad place to bring your pulled bg, but you have to dress her up first, along with yourself. ;)

Better yet, go by yourself. But don't forget to bring your American Express card with you. The girl's there, are not for the financially challenged.

Are you getting it yet? :D

HT

>>I thought the OP was a troll because I couldn't believe he was so clueless about even a half decent behaviour/presentation, but further posts in this thread woke me up to the real Nana world... <<

555555!

Hey! I live, breathe and fall down drunk in the nana world (when in the LOS). I usually go to the "low" end bars where they don't give a fuk how i look. While there and especially in PTY i will complain: "look at that asshole wearing a wash rag for a shirt". Its the sort of thing that i think while i'm standing around in the 200 baht bright orange shorts and tank top i bought on the sidewalk.

But this time its gonna be different. I'm goin to a NICE friggin club, i'm wearing EXPENSIVE clothes and the hiso p4p girls will be all over me (goddammit).

Not joking. A decent bar is on the agenda this trip so the nana world is coming your way. :cover:

Yeah, that's what I thought. Well, I'll leave Q Bar to the trendy, well heeled types...I'm heading down to Pattaya for some real action! Shame really, cause I heard Q Bar has the best music in town, but anyway it's the surf and sand for me (or at least the beer bars!) Cheers!

Guest lazyphil

Hey lets send the JackAss film crew and Johnny Knoxville to Q Bar and see what damage to western culture/reputation they can muster, gotta be a giggle!

guyfromUK said:

such luck! Upon trying to enter, the manager (an American) looked us over and said, sorry guys, not dressed like that! What??

OT: Have any of you noticed that when a Brit poster mentions the manager of a bar he will inevitably note the manager's nationality if it is American? I just wonder why Brits find that such an item.

Oh boy. Can't a guy mention nationality without rubbing somebody wrong. maybe the american was a blatantly american hence the "he was american" comment. Maybe he was a flaming american ::. Maybe it was interesting to the OPer because the door guy was not thai.

I always take long sleeved shirts and trousers on any vacation. I feel great dressing up for something other than Soi Cowboy or Nana. The clothes end up being a magnet as well and are cheaper (and safer) than wearing jewelry.

I think I might like the Q bar.

Where is it exactly?

Tony

Archived