Singapore hotel near Orchard Towers???

Where do you guys stay when u are in Singapore? Looking for a hotel around 40 USD for a couple of nights next week. I suppose the deal is the same as here... you take the girl back to your hotel and if so...... what hotels are guest friendly?Never been to Singapore P4P scene before.

uniformguy

Phone up the Meritus Negara Hotel and ask them if they are busy for the time you want to go - (google the hotel website to get the number). If they have plenty of rooms, leave booking it until you get to Changi airport and go to the Singapore Hotels Association desk in arrivals. They used to charge about S$120 for a large double room, whereas the best you will get from the hotel is about S$200 - the risk is that they may not have rooms - basically its a last minute dumping ground for unsold rooms at the airport. The hotel is directly behind Orchard Towers and very guest friendly, 4* and nice with it but a somewhat wierd colour scheme.

Even if they are full, plenty of other hotels in the vicinity but the good thing about Negara is that you are 15 seconds from back entrance of the hotel to the back entrance of Orchard towers - you will never need a cab ats its also perfect position for the shopping area.

Other options would be the Orchard Parade Hotel - similar price range, Orchard Hotel - little bit more expensive, Hilton - lot more expensive. None of them though can be had for US$40 per night - Singapore is not a cheap city. For that price you need to be out in Geylang or a real dive in a better part of the city, but you will spend more than the difference on cabs. My advice just spend a little bit more and stay at Negara.

Cheers

Great advice mate thanks a lot I'll try that .

Problem is that I am job hunting here and am trying to find a sponsor so that I can change my visa when I go but it looks like I will have to go out and come back in this time on the normal 30 day thingy.

I don't want to book anything in advance as I don't know when I am going.......so the place in the airport sounds great.

uniformguy

Negara is also next door to the Thai Embassy which helps no end if you need a visa done.

The airport desk is really very good. The Negara is exceptional value at that price and it helps that nobody has heard of it. Many of the other plush hotels are more expensive at the airport but this one is not and nor is the Orchard Parade. Another idea is the ANA if its still there - bit of a hike but doable and again never busy. Also the Holiday Inn is about S$120 and again nice hotel for the price but at the other end of Orchard - but only 2 stops on subway.

• 3 weeks later...

Too late for you this time, but next time you might want to give the Asia hotel on Scotts Rd. a try (right next to the Sheraton). Can be booked online from US 52 upwards and is only a 5 mins walk from Orchard, 10 mins from Orchard towers. very good value and guest friendly.

I got the 3-star Orchard Hotel through Priceline around $45+; very close to Orchard Towers in the opposite direction from the Thai embassy and same side of road. OT is generally beyond my budget and I didn't try out the guest policy, but it'd seem easy to take one in the hours before they shut the side door (11 or 12, I think) and am not sure if they'd say anything if going past the front desk.

Archived