Cent is Back in the States

Central Scrutinizer

To All,

Once again I left the place I love to be, to languish in the land of the not so free. The "blues" can't possibly describe the feelings leaving Thailand inspires in one's self. I think I'll call it the "blacks" from now on.

I left for the LOS on the 25th of June and stayed until the 14th of August. Had lots of fun, met many good people, new and old friends, shared new experiences, visited new places and old haunts, saw many amazing, and amusing, sights, hell, I even got married!!

So, soon I'll post some stories for you all and some trip reports and info accumulated along the way. I don't go on-line while I'm away. Too many other things to see and do while there, and time being limited, I stay away from the internet cafes to pursue other interests. I'm having a battle with jet lag at the moment and it will take a few days to get back to normal, if normal is the right word for my usual state of being.

Glad to have met those of you I did get to meet while over. For those I missed, well, hopefully next time. I did quite a bit of traveling and spent little time in Bangkok. Bangkok being for me more of a transit point between other destinations, where I try to meet friends who live there and others who I get to see and meet in Warblers or Woodstock, or Nana bars, or Cowboy and Thermae.

Seems to be quite a lot to read here. I've got some catching up to do. Shit, I've 500 frigging e-mails to read and reply to also. Wish I was still there. Soon enough again though. Sept./Oct. possibly. Later.

Cent

Hello Cent,

Keep a stiff upper lip and buy a plane ticket ASAP. I have been back in California for over two months and heading back to LOS is 3 weeks. Was very happy in US - love the weather, outdoors and I have the company of a good woman indoors.

I spend a lot more time online in US than I do in LOS.

You are American as I recall. What state? Look forward to your stories.

Zane

quote:

Originally posted by Khun Sanuk:

Hi,

Good to hear you made it back safe. Looking forward to all the stories, you had some interesting titles. I think my wife may even have inspired one, right?
smile.gif" border="0

Sanuk!

Khun Sanuk,

As a matter of fact she did inspire one title. And I like the sound of it too! :-) I'm holding you to that promise of yours to write on that subject buddy! I think it will be an interesting subject for all. I've found myself intrigued by it myself and want to do some research on it for future use in other stories. What have you got so far? Did you finish writing your piece on it? I'd like to see what you have so far if you can e-mail it to me at mpberg@webtv.net

I think now that I'm married I'll be able to finish the 5th and last plague soon. It gave me another look into the subject matter of Thai Ladies and falling in love with them. It gave me a writing block for the longest time trying to finish it. Right now I'm doing some stuff on the wedding and getting back into the practice of writing. It always takes me a while to get back into it. I'll e-mail you later this week when I have more time my friend.

I just got some bad news from the doctor during my appointment yesterday for my back, and a good friend of mine died while I was away. A few years younger than me--fucking heart attack!!! Another good friend of 35 years just found out he has cancer of the prostate and goes under the knife this week.

Live life to the fullest, 'cause ya never know when yer gonna go.

Later,

Cent/Mike

Hi,

"I'm holding you to that promise of yours to write on that subject buddy! I think it will be an interesting subject for all."

I agree, and already have 2.5 pages. It's not done yet though.

"Did you finish writing your piece on it?"

No, still need to talk to the missus to get some more info.

"I'd like to see what you have so far if you can e-mail it to me at mpberg@webtv.net"

Check your inbox.

"Live life to the fullest, 'cause ya never know when yer gonna go."

Amen to that one. I too have seen a few people work there ass of their entire lives only to keel over within the first year of retirement. I will try my best to avoid that.

Sanuk!

P127,

Yes I do walk my Lady America, thanks so much!

I am still trying to work out the ideal schedule for time spent in LOS, Calif, LOS, Calif. This time I think I have scheduled too long in LOS - Sept 5 to Dec 23. My goal is to follow good weather and keep my TGFs and my GF America. It's just that when I was leaving LOS I wanted to get back soon and stay a long time. Then when I got back to Calif I really enjoyed it.

Take care,

Zane

The ideal schedule is for you to send your americalady to me, in SF, with the proper instructions as to feeding and walking hours. I am nor due to fly out until December, and i would certainly be happy to help you. Then again, keeping a good eye on your TGFs while i am there and you're back in US, by yearend. My pleasure.....

Zane, if you want to follow good weather, you would stay home and enjoy warm bay area weather in Sept-Oct and the cool, dry Thailand in the December-February, which is what I've been doing for years. This is particularly true if you like to play golf in both locations.

Of course you'll probaby be having way too much fun playing indoor sports in Bangkok too notice the street floods in September.

Enjoy.

quote:

Originally posted by Zane May:

... I am still trying to work out the ideal schedule for time spent in LOS, Calif, LOS, Calif. This time I think I have scheduled too long in LOS - Sept 5 to Dec 23. My goal is to follow good weather ...

Archived