Newbie to thailand seeking insider info.

Hey everyone, spent a litlle time reading here,learned some but mostly found out I don't know shit!! planning a trip to Thailand later this year, looking for advice on where to stay in BKK Phukett Pattaya,also sites to see places to avoid, advice I wouldn't know to ask !! thanks...

Yep, as ND said ... the Nana Hotel is great for newbies. Look them up on line for booking. You can crawl home from Nana Plaza entertainment centre at the end of the night. It's also within walking distance of the Soi Cowboy bar area -- better than Nana Plaza these days -- and a short taxi ride to Patpong, the oldest of the present bar areas. (Beware of Patpong touts leading you into rip off bars!)

Don't forget to try the massage parlours too. Chao Phaya II on Sri Ayutthaya Road has about everything you could want.

You should probably start with Bangkok, then spend a few days in Pattaya. Save Phuket for a later visit. (Only sensible way to get to Phuket is to fly from Bangkok. Pattaya is a short bus ride away.)

You might want also to purchase a membership on this site. Lots of inside information to download. Save it for reference.

p.s. A word of warning: Thailand is like the Hotel California. You may check out, but you never can leave ...

::

sayjann said:

so my choice of Nana Hotel for 4 Nights is OK?.

i only picked it from what i have read here and other Boards and it seems quite central for the places i want to see.

but it does seem a little expensive to other places i have stayed at in the past.

I would think it will cover your basic needs! :)

I also like Majestic right around the corner. A little more pricey, alittle more comfy.

I once shot a great film from an upper back room in the Majestic of one of the NEP go-gos, girl holding the curtain open, nekkid (bikini bottom only) girl blessing the doorway.

Went over, found a temp GF and shot another film!

All the Nana really has going for it is location. You could throw a rock from the entrance into Nana Plaza. Plus there is no problem bringing in a "friend" for the evening. In fact, there will be plenty of them sitting in the lobby! And on holidays when the bars are closed, the BGs tend to congregate in the Nana's car park looking for business. (I passed it one night when the bar areas were all closed and dark. The Nana car park looked like a scene out of the Night of the Living Dead. The place was packed with females all standing there calling to passers by!)

p.s. I think you can get a discount if you ask. Need to ask others, since I live in Bangkok and don't stay in hotels.

Interesting area there. Come out of the Nana and turn right and you'll find some outdoor Thai boxing usually going on in the evening. Turn left and go towards the Grace Hotel and you'll pass the Gaza Strip ... full of Arabs and ME food. Got some open air bars near the Nana that are fun to start an evening in too. Walk towards Cowboy on the north side of Sukhumwit and you'll have to play leap frog over the hookers. The pavement is crawling with them nowadays! Maybe it's because the Thermae charges an admission fee now.

thanks Flashermac.

i have a pretty good map which i have been studying.

i arrive in BKK early enough to walk around the area and finding where things are before going to Gullivers.

might treat myself to a visit to one of the establishments in the area to relieve the stress of my journey from Phuket..... ;)

Archived