wibble's trip pt 2

So I'm on the number 1 bus to Pattya (90 baht, Ekkamai bus station, ticket booth 1, bus 1) and after a pleasant trip, I arrive in Pattaya.

I had thought that it was the monsoon season and as such I had expected wetness. The sun was baking, I was sweating and if it wasn't 38 degrees then I was dying. So much for the rain.

I found the Sunshine hotel on Soi 8 with no trouble. 450 baht internet rate, room OK for the price.

I found some superb food at Mata Hari which is out of Soi 8 and turn left about 20 metres into second road. Seemed to be a gay boy hang out but excellent food, worth braving the men.

That night I did a tour of the GoGos in Walking Street and though I ended up with a 1500 baht beauty, I was less than impressed with the lack of approaches by the girls. One bar had the girls looking straight ahead down the length of the bar, eyes neither right nor left, no customer contact at all. The girls in Bangkok were much more keen and eager.

Lay on the beach all day and then hired a motorbike and found the Winchester Club at Jomtiem. It was Sunday afternoon and there was free food, basic nosh, but it was good honest stuff, filled a hole. The drinks were cheap and I hooked up with a cutey who stuck with me for the rest of the night, excellent value girl 700 baht and enthusiastic. Very nice.

Found my self playing pool a lot in the beer bars in Soi 8, but the cutey at the Winchester Club kept drawing me back.

I got fined for not wearing a helmet on the bike, by virtue of me stopping at the lights adjacent to the Police Booth on the corner of 2nd and central roads. Had to pay 200 for me and 200 for girl. But after the fine only I had to wear the helmet. GF was ok. TIT. Heard from another Sanuker that he'd been fined for having 3 farang on 1 bike, but once the fine was paid, they could happily go on their way, 3 on the bike! TIT.

After a couple of days I left the cutey and discovered a older (30) lass who was much better company and though not as pert, was much more satisfying. I wasn't using the Big V this trip and I was still encouraged by this lass 4 times a day. I felt young again!

Not much else to report, a very laid back week and next report it's off to Phnom Penh.

Archived