Mystique is the spot!

JJsushi

Zaad, JJ,

Hmmmmm. I find Indian ladies to be quite good looking and sexy, the younger ones that is usually, but as they do tend to 'herd up' and their bulls don't seem to take too kindly to approaches on their turf it's hard to cut them out from the herd. Maybe I'll get my Indian friend to come along and see what he thinks a good approach would be, strictly in the vein of scientific research of course. Although he prefers Thai lasses himself and might consider this a waste of precious time away from the Suk bars. I might have to tempt him with a bottle of Black and a meal as well. This place does sound interesting enough to check out some night. If I have a few pops for fortification I've even been known to do something that approaches dancing, well, dirty dancing maybe.

Cent

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bibblies said:

[bibblies, knock it off! - KS]

Eh? :dunno: What the hell are you talking about? :dunno:

For those that didn't see this apparently offensive post, all I said was that I didn't like dancing or karaoke and that most men don't either (or aren't very good at it so shouldn't do it). A truism and pretty harmless stuff. You've got to be getting a bit paranoid to read some personal insult into a completely generic statement! Women, in general, like dancing. Men, in general, couldn't give a shit about it. I mean, wtf?! If, in my next post, I say "Women tend to like shopping, it's a pretty female concern. Men don't tend to like it as much" am I going to get censored as though I'm insulting someone?! :dunno:

JJ - that was a rare post where I didn't insult you (or anyone) and they never even let you see it...

Hi,

"For those that didn't see this apparently offensive post, all I said was that I didn't like dancing or karaoke and that most men don't either (or aren't very good at it so shouldn't do it)."

While I do not recall the exact wording of the post I am fairly certain you said 'real men' rather than 'men'. I read it as yet another snipe (which isn't that strange as the majority of your posts are such).

Anyway, I am sick and tired of this thread and even more of having to constantly explain my actions. This kind of bitching and second guessing my actions does not belong on the open board. You have a problem, PM me.

Sanuk!

Hi HT, I am actually quite confident you won't shoot me for asking although others might but I am curious to know exactly what a troll is.

The reason I ask is because I have been called a troll in a thread I started and I don't really understand why.

I'm not from Scandinavia and I don't live in a cave. I'm neither giant nor dwarf and I'm no more hairy than the average.

This Mystique place has really aroused my curiosity now but if I understand the term correctly, I would be a wallflower because I prefer to relax with a beer and watch the girls making shapes or having some wiggly or whatever dancing is referred to in the parlance of the young and trendy people of BKK.

I hope I'm not going to be accused of making mischief for this post. :dunno:

A Troll is a guy from Basingstoke, UK ... :) Just kidding :) In case youdon't know, it is a term used to describe a guy who "trolls" the internet looking to start shit. We have all been guilty of this at one time or another, so don't take it so bad! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

An Internet troll is either a person who sends messages on the Internet hoping to entice other users into angry or fruitless responses, or a message sent by such a person. The term derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" and ultimately from trolling for fish; it first appeared on Usenet. The term is frequently abused to slander opponents in heated debates and is frequently misapplied to those who are ignorant of etiquette.

Trolling is often described as an online version of the breaching experiment, where social boundaries and rules of etiquette are broken. Self-proclaimed trolls often style themselves as Devil's Advocates or gadflies or culture jammers, challenging the dominant discourse and assumptions of the forum they are trolling in an attempt to subvert and introduce different ways of thinking. Detractors who value etiquette claim that true Devil's Advocates generally identify themselves as such for the sake of etiquette, whereas trolls often consider etiquette to be something worth trolling in order to fight groupthink.

Trolls are sometimes caricatured as socially inept. This is often due to the fundamental attribution error, as it is impossible to know the real traits of an individual solely from their online discourse. Indeed, since intentional trolls are alleged to knowingly flout social boundaries, it is difficult to typecast them as socially inept since they have arguably proven adept at their goal.

So they play hip hop at this Club Mystique? Crap, no need for me to visit then.

(Anyone remember Om Trance Bar on Silom Soi 4? I've been looking for a similar place ever since it got annexed by the next-door "Speed". Please don't say "Narcissus".)

Old Hippie said:

A Troll is a guy from Basingstoke, UK ...

I know you're joking but in reality there are quite a few troll-like people in Basingstoke ;)

Thanks for the explanation, I honestly didn't know what a troll is and I'm not familiar with all the rules of etiquette for internet boards like this.

I just try to be polite and try not to offend anyone. :)

Archived