Mystique is the spot!

JJsushi

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to Narcissus tonight and had a good time until we left. I got into a huge argument with a Thai friend because the fucker was pissed silly and insisted on driving. I refused to get into his car, hopped into a taxi and we parted pretty upset. I don't drive with intoxicated people. I value my life. Hopefully he will get home okay as there were other Thai friends with us and they were still arguing with him when I left.

Did not make it to RCA last night; my Thai friends insisted that because schools are on holiday, the poilice will be checking everybody for drugs. So instead we went to some nameless pubs in the Ratchada or Rama area, good time but not as good as I wanted. Talked to som Thai chicks but nothing really happend as I was not in a good mood.

I should have went to Mystique

I think I am going to head over to this spot at Soi Cowboy that is opened all night for playing pool.

Old Hippie said:

JJ,

First off, your last post was pretty good, informative, and not your usual "chest thumping I am great" type stuff. Frankly, I took, and still take your Board personality as just that, a front, a character if you will, never took it seriously, we all front here. Frankly, I have spent time around a lot of "Supermen" the real kind, guys who never talked, just did. Never beat their chests about it, no need to when you are really that good.

Frankly, you strike me as someone who was just winding up with your boastful posts, almost as if you were trolling to get flamed. I didn't really take you seriously, and thus played off it a bit. If you are serious, then you really need to lighten up and tone it down, no one likes a bragger...

Yes, SSG did burn me bad emotionally, I admitted it, I bring it up where relavent, and sometimes just to stoke the fires a bit, get a few guys going. It is also good for people to know it can happen, to anyone! Makes a lot of other guys feel better about their own fuck ups...

No false bravado here dude, no need. My guess is, there is a lot you are covering up with you bravado, but, hey, up to you...in any event, go ahead kid, because all bullshit aside, you don't know jack shit about me, or what I have done in my life, and frankly, I don't think you could walk 2 feet in my shoes on the road I have covered! Been there, done that, got the t-shirts and scars to prove it all, little or no need to tell anyone how great I am, I allready know. And I am all that matters to me! The rest is just an act.

OH we are not the same my friend. We have toally different mentalities. Trust me on that one.

Gadfly1 said:

but Mystique and Q Bar have become freelancer scenes in the most literal sense in recent times.
Perhaps there are more working girls than before, but they both draw a very mixed and certainly different crowd than, say, Nana Disco. You not only have large groups of farang women there who are clearly not working, but you have plenty of Thai girsl who are not working as well.

I have run into Thai girls I know from banks, accounting and major law firms in both places, albeit they have always been in mixed (men and women) groups. They are generally the girls that are bit more extroverted and westernized (and often wealthier) than your average Thai girl, but I seriously doubt that any of them are actually working in the clubs. I am equally confident they would give any Farang man who approached them a very cool reception, unless there was sort of connection outside the club.

Seems the working girls actually come on the free nights, the other nights have the non-P4P types. Either way it is all good. The crowd is very diverse and they want to have fun.

Honestly no one actually gos to a disco to look for a wife right?

jjsushi said:

Went to Narcissus tonight and had a good time until we left. I got into a huge argument with a Thai friend because the fucker was pissed silly and insisted on driving. I refused to get into his car, hopped into a taxi and we parted pretty upset. I don't drive with intoxicated people. I value my life. Hopefully he will get home okay as there were other Thai friends with us and they were still arguing with him when I left.

Did not make it to RCA last night; my Thai friends insisted that because schools are on holiday, the poilice will be checking everybody for drugs. So instead we went to some nameless pubs in the Ratchada or Rama area, good time but not as good as I wanted. Talked to som Thai chicks but nothing really happend as I was not in a good mood.

I should have went to Mystique

I think I am going to head over to this spot at Soi Cowboy that is opened all night for playing pool.

Nothing special at the Soi cowoy pool spot. I sat around dor a few minutes and left. I am still pissed at the heated exchange between my friend and I over his need to want to drive even though he was too intoxicated. We will probably act like nothing happend in a couple of days.

Anyway back on the net, can't sleep.

Hi,

JJ, here I am backing you up a bit in order to reduce the tension and what do you do? You need to get another kick into those making fun of you. There really was no need for that, now was there?

When I said:

"How about everybody just take a deep breath, forget this thread happened and starts with a clean slate. Okay?"

That meant you too.

Sanuk!

JJ,

The DJ's were banging and it was a very nice mixed crowd althought there were way too many farang wallflowers for my taste. The energy was great even though most can't dance worth a shit.

I can't dance and I fucking hate it. I'm a typical wallflower you speak of (with beer in hand) and quite proud to say so. I always enjoy sipping the beer and looking at those nice firm round female butts and tits moving up and down. :hubba:

JJ why don't you chill and look at the view from another angle for a change?

Pardon my ignorance but where is this hip place, need to check it out sometime.

Hi,

"JJ why don't you chill and look at the view from another angle for a change?"

Most definitely some good advice there, as I think a lot of the rubbing is a direct result of JJ's inability to accept that other people might actually enjoy the way they go out and not every body wants to be the center of attention / 'cool dude'.

Sanuk!

I actually wanted to talk about Club Mystique rather than JJ's on-line personality, so perhaps I should answer. It is not easy to find if you don't know the area between Sukhumvit and Petchburi well. And because it seems to still be more popular with ex-pats and locals than visitors, many taxi drivers also have problems locating it.

Club Mystique is located on Sukhumvit Soi 31. The official address is 71/8 Soi 31 Sukhumvit, which is useless information for everyone but postal employees. It is actually closer to Petchaburi, which means that it is not walkable from Sukhumvit the way Q Bar sort of is when it is cooler. It is between Soi 23 and Soi 31, which will make sense if you are familiar with this area but probably not if you don't know the area (what happened to Soi 25, 27, & 29??), and you can reach it from either Soi 23 (Soi Cowboy) or 31. You can also reach it from Soi 33, which might be the best way to start a night if you plan to end up in Club Mystique.

Club Mystique's website is at Club Mystique Web Site. The site has a web page containing the map in English and lists (in dimmed text) a Thai and printable version. I have not been able to access the latter two pages and I am not a techie, but my guess is that the Thai and printable versions are features they have not yet added to the website.

This is probably not a good place to come looking for companionship (unless you are a Brad Pitt look-a-like). Taking a look at the parking lot across from Club Mystique will give you some sense of the type (or least wealth) of many of the people who come here.

If you are bringing a girl or several - probably more fun for all, and not just for the obvious reasons, but also because some girls will probably feel more comfortable here if they have a pal with them - make sure they are at least 20, have an ID and are dressed reasonably well. As I suggested above, this might be the place to go when starting a night on Soi 33.

On a Friday night, it will be Baht 650 per person, but I think it is free during some week nights. By Bangkok standards this is certainly not a cheap place, but if you are looking for something a bit different than NEP, willing to spend a bit more and you are with the right group, it's a blast.

Archived